Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it be in best interests if AFLOE to clear Narre and Kinglake for 2023 season

Premier: 10 teams Worri, Wandin, Monbulk, Olinda-FC, Pakenham, Upwey-Tecoma, Mt Evelyn, Officer and grand finalists from division 1 (current ladder positions Seville and Gembrook)

Division 1: Emerald, Healesville, Berwick Springs, Yarra Glen, Belgrave, Powelltown, Yarra Junction, Warby 8 teams, and try to retain Alexandra and Broadford. 10 teams

Thoughts?

Only tricky bit is the master plan always wanted to keep Berwick Springs and Alex / Yea / Broadford in separate divisions.

Only tricky bit is the master plan always wanted to keep Berwick Springs and Alex / Yea / Broadford in separate divisions.
Correct,Alex and Broadford should go,Kilmore is 12 minutes down the road from Broadford, maybe they should look at the northern league too....division 3 would suit them.

So clubs like Alex and Yea who have been in YVMFL and now AFLOE, have to compromise so that new club Berwick Springs can play. Bad luck to Berwick Springs I say. It’s no wonder that clubs are looking to move from the AFLOE when if you are north of Yarra Glen, then bad luck

Rumour has it seville have Signed Andrew krakouer be interesting to see if he can still play, anyone know what age he is? Mid fourties?

The jouneyman thats fair enough. I would have thought though clubs like Kinglake, Alex need to stay in AFLOE, wasn’t that long ago it was the YVMFL and Kinglake and Alex definitely fitted in that league.

I agree though that NFNL Division 3 would be good for Kinglake, they would be more than competitive

I think Alex would fit in the Kyabram district footy league.

Travel might be too much in Ovens & King

If Alex went to Kyabram wouldn’t the travel be much more compared to YV sides?
I guess it depends if they have Melbourne based players or not.

Kinglake to NFL D3 would make some sense but that division also has major issues with Reservoir and Lalor forfeiting their twos most weeks. Not much different to the Broadford and Yea issues AFLOE are having.

And to think, not so long ago, only back in 2018 there was absolutely nothing g wrong with the comp. If ever a case of “ain’t broke, don’t fix” was appropriate, the YVMDFL was it.
Won’t hold my breath waiting for those responsible to be held to anything resembling account. What a debacle.
Last one out turn the lights out.
Not sure about nothing wrong with the comp, Thornton Eildon were an issue for years before the merge. The merge has definitely not helped the situation those.

Despite there still being five games remaining in the home-and-away season, the top four is locked and loaded in Division 2. I think it’s pretty safe to say that Powelltown has one hand on the premiership cup although the three other teams - Kinglake, Warburton and Yarra Junction - on their day can beat anyone. The Demons made another big statement on the weekend, defeating arch-rival Yarra Junction by 50 points. The Eagles had no match up for key forward Joel Perry, who finished the day with 10 goals. Like Powelltown, Yarra Junction’s achilles heel is its backline and it could well hurt them come finals time. Powelly recently recruited former Emerald star, Ryan Simpson, which has bolstered its back half. Warburton have had a brilliant run of late, winning its last five matches and ending Alexandra’s season last Saturday with a comfortable 46-point victory. The Burras are assembling a very strong 22 having just added gun midfielder Marcus Hottes. Its Round 15 clash against Powelltown at Mac Sparke Oval is sure to be a riveting contest.

As for the Division 2 reserves, the undefeated Warburton are going to be very hard to stop. Its biggest competition is Kinglake, who have only lost the two games, which were both to the Burras. Despite losing its first eight games, Powelltown is making a late surge and are a massive chance to make the top four if they beat either Kinglake or Warburton in the coming weeks. The Demons ressies have recently welcomed back league legend Terry Walker and fringe senior players - Austin Bizzotto, Jayden Fowkes, Zac King, Tyson Walker and Lochie Winter-Annette - into their side. If they lose to both the Lakers and Warby then their finals hopes could be decided by the last round clash between Alexandra and Yarra Junction. If Alex accounts for Broadford/Yea in Round 16 then they will have done enough to make finals. Likewise, if the Eagles defeat Broadford/Yea in Round 15 and topple the Rebels in the final round then they will secure the final spot and in doing so, keep the Demons out of the top four. One thing’s for sure, if Powelly sneak into the top four with its senior side at full strength, I believe they are more than capable of causing an upset and making a grand final.

Despite there still being five games remaining in the home-and-away season, the top four is locked and loaded in Division 2. I think it’s pretty safe to say that Powelltown has one hand on the premiership cup although the three other teams - Kinglake, Warburton and Yarra Junction - on their day can beat anyone. The Demons made another big statement on the weekend, defeating arch-rival Yarra Junction by 50 points. The Eagles had no match up for key forward Joel Perry, who finished the day with 10 goals. Like Powelltown, Yarra Junction’s achilles heel is its backline and it could well hurt them come finals time. Powelly recently recruited former Emerald star, Ryan Simpson, which has bolstered its back half. Warburton have had a brilliant run of late, winning its last five matches and ending Alexandra’s season last Saturday with a comfortable 46-point victory. The Burras are assembling a very strong 22 having just added gun midfielder Marcus Hottes. Its Round 15 clash against Powelltown at Mac Sparke Oval is sure to be a riveting contest.

As for the Division 2 reserves, the undefeated Warburton are going to be very hard to stop. Its biggest competition is Kinglake, who have only lost the two games, which were both to the Burras. Despite losing its first eight games, Powelltown is making a late surge and are a massive chance to make the top four if they beat either Kinglake or Warburton in the coming weeks. The Demons ressies have recently welcomed back league legend Terry Walker and fringe senior players - Austin Bizzotto, Jayden Fowkes, Zac King, Tyson Walker and Lochie Winter-Annette - into their side. If they lose to both the Lakers and Warby then their finals hopes could be decided by the last round clash between Alexandra and Yarra Junction. If Alex accounts for Broadford/Yea in Round 16 then they will have done enough to make finals. Likewise, if the Eagles defeat Broadford/Yea in Round 15 and topple the Rebels in the final round then they will secure the final spot and in doing so, keep the Demons out of the top four. One thing’s for sure, if Powelly sneak into the top four with its senior side at full strength, I believe they are more than capable of causing an upset and making a grand final.
Nice Summary. I think all eyes should be on Division 1. I would be locking Narre Warren & Powelly in as premiers. It is down to only one division up for grabs now

Nice Summary. I think all eyes should be on Division 1. I would be locking Narre Warren & Powelly in as premiers. It is down to only one division up for grabs now
From memory in the last 10 years of Yvmdfl div1 and outer east premier, I reckon only 3 or 4 minor premiers have gone on to win the cup
Narre are clearly the team to beat

Berwick Springs and Officers' reserves have been dominant in the lower grades. I think those clubs could be put in the top flight with not much hassle.

It's got me beat as to why those clubs in those growth corridors were put in the same competition as the teams in the hills.

Alex is over 2 hours from Berwick or officer, but less than 90 mins from Shepparton and closer to most other GVFL teams (though they're obviously not strong enough to compete with GVFL teams).

The AFLOE is too many things to too many different clubs. Don't have much faith any further re-shuffle would do a good job. Nor would many NFNL teams want to be driving to Alexandra.

Alex and the other northern clubs are still a better fit than clubs like Narre, Pakenham, Officer and Berwick Springs which should have never been mixed with the YVMDFL clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking a big ground and a warmish day could bring powelltown undone in the finals, because of the age profile of there list.

Thinking a big ground and a warmish day could bring powelltown undone in the finals, because of the age profile of there list.
Definitely think the finals series is wide open, yes Powelltown would be favourites at this point in time but lots can change in the next 5 weeks.
Injuries and unavailability will play a part and this is where depth of seniors, development and 18’s will come into play.
Warburton and Kinglake definitely have the best depth, if Powelltown or Junction have injuries to key players, do they have enough to cover for them.
I can’t see Powelltown 2’s making finals which will also impact as they won’t get those guys to training.
For me, it’s still a wide open premiership battle and supporters of all 4 teams would be excited to be a part of the 2022 finals series

Does anyone know where you can find tribunal results on AFLOE
Every other league posts but can’t find AFLOE?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back