SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not unexpected in U12's but not for seniors. Plus, Thornton had effectively been in palliative care for 2 years. Not coming off the back of 2 flags.

Doggies - in the main people aren't hoping they fall over. In fact most see it better for the league for them to continue. Peoples frustration comes from them following the old recipe at splashing money to get the elusive flag and the regretting it when the travelling show packs up the tents and moves on. Those recipes only have 1 ending and people never seem to learn.

Interestingly nothing has been said anywhere but would / should Coldstream have any reason to be nervous in 2 or 3 years time?
Why would that frustrate people as everyone is allowed to spend money?

Why would that frustrate people as everyone is allowed to spend money?
Warthog3409 totally agree re being able to spend money
The strange part is they won back to back flags, why haven’t they been able to recruit players this year.
I get players have left and followed the coach to his new club and other premiership players have left to other clubs but do they still have the $$$$ to recruit or have the $$$ gone with the coach and those that have left

The general store ran out of paper bags
Pretty easy to sit hear and pot shot clubs when they begin to struggle,
Tell me,
What have you done around a footy club? Ever been involved?

By your ridiculous comments I'd say you were and muddling at best footballer that thinks they know a thing without having put there hand up

And before anyone jumps on me, I have no involvement in this league but follow closely

Not unexpected in U12's but not for seniors. Plus, Thornton had effectively been in palliative care for 2 years. Not coming off the back of 2 flags.

Doggies - in the main people aren't hoping they fall over. In fact most see it better for the league for them to continue. Peoples frustration comes from them following the old recipe at splashing money to get the elusive flag and the regretting it when the travelling show packs up the tents and moves on. Those recipes only have 1 ending and people never seem to learn.

Interestingly nothing has been said anywhere but would / should Coldstream have any reason to be nervous in 2 or 3 years time?

Fair call MiW (rare for me to give an ump a rap!) - but reckon coldy as a growing area with juniors etc and have been around a while - they would be better placed to survive post this than perhaps Powelltown being that more isolated

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Division 1 practice matches this weekend

Alex vs Kinglake
Yea Vs Forest Hill
Seville vs Kilsyth
Warby vs West Brunswick
Belgrave vs Catani
Yarra Glen vs Lancefield

Haven’t got any information for Yarra Junction, Healesville and Powelltown

Last edited:

Alex vs Kinglake
Yea Vs Forest Hill
Seville vs Kilsyth
Warby vs West Brunswick
Belgrave vs Catani

Haven’t got any information for Yarra Junction, Yarra Glen, Healesville and Powelltown
Yarra Glen are playing Lancefield @ Yarra Glen on Sat I believe

Alex vs Kinglake
Yea Vs Forest Hill
Seville vs Kilsyth
Warby vs West Brunswick
Belgrave vs Catani
Yarra Glen vs Lancefield

According to the EFNL site Healesville are playing Coldstream at Healesville.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex vs Kinglake
Yea Vs Forest Hill
Seville vs Kilsyth
Warby vs West Brunswick
Belgrave vs Catani
Yarra Glen vs Lancefield

Yarra Junction Seniors playing Hallam but Hallam are playing another opposition in the Reserves

Olinda Ferny Creek v Mooroolbark at Mooroolbark.
Mount Evelyn v Lilydale at Healesville.
Pakenham v Mooroopna at Merrigum.
ROC v Mulgrave at Cora Lynn.
Woori v Cranbourne at Woori Yallock.

Questions - I have no inside info on Powelltown, but why is everyone so confident they are lying or inflating figures? Would coaches really pass on false information? Would coaches be putting a negative spin on the club they supposedly love? Are others still hoping they fall over? What benefit is it to any other club if they do?
I can't quite work out why they are copping the poison they are - is it envy for the flags, is it hope that their club will pick up some extra players? Or is it, as I suspect, their own club is in trouble and while the focus is on someone else their club is out of the spotlight?

I don’t think it’s actually really aimed at Powelltown, more at the league for not being decisive when it’s “supposedly” been clear for months that Powelltown won’t be playing.

I get giving a club every chance to get up, on the other hand people have seen this before recently with clubs going into recess or into other leagues and the OEFNL seemingly taking forever to actually acknowledge it and move on.

Bottom line is that there is a lot of ill will toward league HQ for how everything has gone since the merger with the SEFNL, which history shows was a massive mistake (and many said it at the time too). It has led to many, many years of uncompetitive football and major disruption and instability.

Berwick come and gone
Beacy come and gone
Cranbourne come and gone
Doveton come and gone
Kinglake gone
Yea gone, thankfully back
Thornton Eildon gone
Broadford come and gone
Hallam come and gone
Narre dominating the league

It’s a shitload of disruption for a small league.

I’m sure the clubs did actually vote for it though. Don’t know enough about the process to know if they had much of a choice however.

I’m sure the clubs did actually vote for it though. Don’t know enough about the process to know if they had much of a choice however.

Wasn't some sort of resolution passed a few years ago whereby the individual clubs handed their voting rights to the Commission? I thought the league might ask the thoughts of clubs but at end of the day decided themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back