SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom line is that there is a lot of ill will toward league HQ for how everything has gone since the merger with the SEFNL, which history shows was a massive mistake (and many said it at the time too). It has led to many, many years of uncompetitive football and major disruption and instability.

Berwick come and gone
Beacy come and gone
Cranbourne come and gone
Doveton come and gone
Kinglake gone
Yea gone, thankfully back
Thornton Eildon gone
Broadford come and gone
Hallam come and gone
Narre dominating the league

It’s a shitload of disruption for a small league.

Bang. Got it in one!

I don’t think it’s actually really aimed at Powelltown, more at the league for not being decisive when it’s “supposedly” been clear for months that Powelltown won’t be playing.

I get giving a club every chance to get up, on the other hand people have seen this before recently with clubs going into recess or into other leagues and the OEFNL seemingly taking forever to actually acknowledge it and move on.

Bottom line is that there is a lot of ill will toward league HQ for how everything has gone since the merger with the SEFNL, which history shows was a massive mistake (and many said it at the time too). It has led to many, many years of uncompetitive football and major disruption and instability.

Berwick come and gone
Beacy come and gone
Cranbourne come and gone
Doveton come and gone
Kinglake gone
Thornton Eildon gone
Broadford come and gone
Hallam come and gone

I’m sure the clubs did actually vote for it though. Don’t know enough about the process to know if they had much of a choice however.
The distribution and instability isn't over yet
Plenty more to come over the next few years

I don’t think it’s actually really aimed at Powelltown, more at the league for not being decisive when it’s “supposedly” been clear for months that Powelltown won’t be playing.

I get giving a club every chance to get up, on the other hand people have seen this before recently with clubs going into recess or into other leagues and the OEFNL seemingly taking forever to actually acknowledge it and move on.

Berwick come and gone
Beacy come and gone
Cranbourne come and gone
Doveton come and gone
Kinglake gone
Thornton Eildon gone
Broadford come and gone
Hallam come and gone

I’m sure the clubs did actually vote for it though. Don’t know enough about the process to know if they had much of a choice however.

Nailed it. Interesting as we’ve been through this scenario only recently. Looking across the ins and outs the signs are bleak and outside intervention needs to take place. Passion only gets you so far and tough calls need to be made. No secret a list of 50 plus gets you through a season.

Have heard from a reliable source there are a few clubs very low on rego numbers. All Div 1 clubs. Might be a few more in trouble?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neerim South had their opponent cancel on a practice game last week. They reached out to Powelltown to hopefully fill the void, Neerim was told by Powelltown that they would only have 11 players available to play.

Neerim South had their opponent cancel on a practice game last week. They reached out to Powelltown to hopefully fill the void, Neerim was told by Powelltown that they would only have 11 players available to play.

They could've had a game of cricket instead!

Important for football that Powelltown get on the park some how.Have there been thoughts especially in the reserves that if a side is short of numbers that each side only has 16 on the ground each.Realise hard on a side that has the full 22 or is it 24 in the reserves in Outer East.The number sides in the country folding is a concern especially in the small towns.

Important for football that Powelltown get on the park some how.Have there been thoughts especially in the reserves that if a side is short of numbers that each side only has 16 on the ground each.Realise hard on a side that has the full 22 or is it 24 in the reserves in Outer East.The number sides in the country folding is a concern especially in the small towns.

League HQ are saying all is good and they are in a better spot with registrations than other clubs.

Seems like people are jumping at shadows.
That’s of course if Legue HQ are actually on top of what’s going on.

League HQ are saying all is good and they are in a better spot with registrations than other clubs.

Seems like people are jumping at shadows.
That’s of course if Legue HQ are actually on top of what’s going on.
Would not the league know by the registrations any way.Am I correct in saying that all players in all clubs have to re register each season under this H/Q system.

I don't want to reveal my sources but talking to a current player a few days ago who said there are about 20 registered players at the moment. He also said no way is he playing ressies and seniors every week. Talking to another existing player yesterday who said that none of them can see it going ahead. The push to keep it alive is all from the old blokes from the sidelines who played 20 years ago "too much history to throw it away", etc. etc. but they're not going to be the ones fielding 2 sides each week.

I don't want to reveal my sources but talking to a current player a few days ago who said there are about 20 registered players at the moment. He also said no way is he playing ressies and seniors every week. Talking to another existing player yesterday who said that none of them can see it going ahead. The push to keep it alive is all from the old blokes from the sidelines who played 20 years ago "too much history to throw it away", etc. etc. but they're not going to be the ones fielding 2 sides each week.
Would the outer east look at allowing them to play with no reserves,have heard not the only D1 side struggling for a reserves side.Playing 2 games is a big ask especially if you are buggered after playing in the 2,s then expected to play in higher standard 1,s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back