Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 11 - East Side Hawks v Ophidian Old Boys at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

I got today’s wordle in one thanks to spoilers elsewhere 😡

TARKS
✅✅✅✅✅
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Mate you’ve got to be kidding yourself if you think that niggling was instigated by the Hawks in this thread.

Seems a couple of your players won’t move on and we aren’t going to take the sooky grievances lying down.

The Phoenix started it last season, when you weren't there. But keep on playing the victim if it fits your narrative Tarks. Different club, same muppet it seems.

thewizardmelon your countdown has even less puff than my Gralin thread. I’m getting impatient!
Very fair call by you - your teammates know well I can go missing for a few days at a time since the mini melons arrived :p

69?

Losing to the Roys in a Grand Final :(

Being introduced to Werewolf (given that was mandatory in my Phoenix contract!)

My hugely failed university degree that had I think 3 subscribers, and only MWPP did the coursework (so a special thanks, haha)​

Where is thewizardmelon anyway? You'd think he'd want to say hello to his old friends.;):laughv1:

Friends is a loose term - rabble bunch I endured for a few seasons perhaps? Okay, I lie - there were SOME good eggs

The overuse of this GIF
Music Video Fire GIF

Being 1 of about 4 posters contributing in the Team Survivor thread thing where you completed a +1/-1 for your team. Those were fun but needed more input

Being told early on that the reaction score meant something - and me being focused on trying to be poignant and produce quality, only to find out end of season that was a gaff and meant * all (you know who you are, cheeky bastard!)​

Thinking expansion was a bad idea when it turns out the OOB are the best thing to happen to the league in a long while!

That one time (S36?) where everyone had the same Av for a week (was it all Eevee’s por_please_ya ?) and I wrote my replies to the wrong people a minimum of a dozen times

Getting to explain what the plural form is of the word Phoenix about 4 times a match thread, only for eth-dog to come correct with the actual right answer

Getting 7 away games (and maybe 7 losses) to finish the S36 season on a huge high, getting the draft pick we were after all along​

Last edited:
That's the problem though mate. It's all very Putin like to me.

I believe you went ahead with these changes without thewizardmelon approval? I think he was captain yet he wasn't informed about these changes?

Correct! Everyone knew except the Captain ;) but that story is for another time

At least when I left unannounced I had the balls to come back 😂

I love the fire - shame it’s all a waste but good on you for growing a pair now I’m gone. TY the absentee keyboard warrior has arrived* 😂

*Disclaimer - Can’t stick to anything more than 5 minutes, will disappear again and blame ‘real life’ in approx 4 games 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friends is a loose term - rabble bunch I endured for a few seasons perhaps? Okay, I lie - there were SOME good eggs

The overuse of this GIF
Music Video Fire GIF

Being 1 of about 4 posters contributing in the Team Survivor thread thing where you completed a +1/-1 for your team. Those were fun but needed more input

Being told early on that the reaction score meant something - and me being focused on trying to be poignant and produce quality, only to find out end of season that was a gaff and meant * all (you know who you are, cheeky bastard!)​

I’d argue underused

Depends on the week and how far into the season as to how stimulating it is. Not sure exactly where is feeling the stimulation, but there's still a little something there.

If all else fails, there's always Deep Brain Stimulation R2R - although that deep level of electrical interference does run the risk of coming out as a Furies supporter :/

My finals campaign video I spent a minimum of 2 hours creating...only for it to upload in poor image quality and look sh*t
Sad Arrested Development GIF

Winning handballer of the year in my rookie season! (Yes, it's a real award)
Screen Shot 2024-04-13 at 8.44.47 pm.png

The Mega Thread - a bit confusing for the smooth brains amongst us, but a huge barrel of laughs and a pleasure to be apart of
bring it back Elton Johns Wig

This not-so banger of a media thread - seriously why didn't you lot stop me???

My first goal, probably - No I'm not going to go find it, who could be ****ing bothered​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back