Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 14 - Roys FFC v Baghdad Bombers at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been in Sweet building houses for a while. If anyone wants a home (for example, Bombers in Abu Ghraib, or Roys in Old Town), give me a yell. I might go have a potter around today.
Don’t mean to seem ungrateful Mobbs but Abu Ghraib is no substitute for Abdu Prison.

Call us picky but ol’ Abdu doesn’t have anywhere near the baggage that Abu Ghraib has.

Don’t tell me it’s just a typo. 🤔

I was probably about 9 or 10. Dad let me ride my bike to school in Ringwood East. Good times
Ringwood east - good spot. Rivalry Ringwood, Mitcham, Nuna - good fun

Child, you don't remember the red rattlers in Melbourne with the high backed timber and vinyl seats.... the double hung timber windows
I remember them on the St. Kilda and Port Melbourne lines

I remember them on the St. Kilda and Port Melbourne lines
I remember on the Lilydale and Healesville lines, there was the Red Rattlers and the Blue Trains. The Blue was like stepping into the future for a while there. I used to catch the train each morning and night from Nunawading to Glenferrie for three bloody years. Used to sweep the front footpath outside of Coles every morning, wave at the MLC girls go passed in the tram on Glenferrie Rd, sometimes get a kiss blown at me - that was like heaven - simple times 😍

I remember on the Lilydale and Healesville lines, there was the Red Rattlers and the Blue Trains. The Blue was like stepping into the future for a while there. I used to catch the train each morning and night from Nunawading to Glenferrie for three bloody years. Used to sweep the front footpath outside of Coles every morning, wave at the MLC girls go passed in the tram on Glenferrie Rd, sometimes get a kiss blown at me - that was like heaven - simple times 😍
IMG_5919.jpeg

End of the Road - Glenferrie Rd at Cotham Road back in 1980, about two years after I'd moved on to the Coles city store in Bourke St - check out the car "Hey Charger"
1714481094671.png

Don’t mean to seem ungrateful Mobbs but Abu Ghraib is no substitute for Abdu Prison.

Call us picky but ol’ Abdu doesn’t have anywhere near the baggage that Abu Ghraib has.

Don’t tell me it’s just a typo. 🤔
Oh right, no its not a substitute. Abdu Prison is the name of the ground, and Abu Ghraib is the suburb name. I don't remember when/where exactly but both were extracted from Bombers lore out of posts some insane number of seasons ago.

I have to have a CT scan for the brain to find the cause of my balance issues. Good thing I’m not a Furies player anymore, they wouldn’t find anything
I've had two or those and I have a calcified pineal gland!!!!!!!

It's quite noisy and they offered me some horrible rock radio station to listen too. I preferred the noise. 3KZ might have liked it.

Mozart for me.

Hopefully I can find the cause for my balance issues all these years and get something done for it. It's how I broke my ankle. I started to lose balance and roll my ankle backwards.

I like these threads these days, can talk about normal stuff like this without prejudice. Most people here are pretty cool. Except for those at the Furies of course.
I'm not cool. I am hot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had vertigo once, very disconcerting.

Would be walking along and the floor would just jump up and hit me on the side of the face with no warning.

My balance issues these days are old age making bones and muscles work less well than they used to.
Balance is an interesting sense and it's related to proprioception which is how we know where we are in space.

Touch your nose. Go on, do it now. How did you do that? You were not looking at both and unless you have a nose like mine you cannot see your nose at all.

This ability is proprioception. When some one is neurologically impaired (drunk) and you have to help them to your car get them to look at their feet. It gives them extra information about where their feet are as alcohol is no respecter of proprioception.

Human have other senses that they can develop. Ray Charles 'clicked' to navigate around much like a bat or a dolphin. People born with no vision often get quite good at clicking. They hear shapes.

Fascinating.

Good luck with the investigation Goatbaron

Inner ear infection caused mine, wasn’t allowed to drive for a few weeks.

Had to keep falling onto the bed/couch to try and reset the balance.

Strange how something so little can literally turn your life upside down.
I do not think I have vertigo but I do tend to fall onto my couch a lot.

Hang on Jabba73 this is the best excuse for couching (just invented a new expression) when Mrs DF wants something done.

You are getting three votes in the Barrels award this week. Public benefactor extraordinaire.

Hey Bombers. Looking forward to seeing some friendly fire in your camp on Sunday. I heard you guys are good at that and we basically just have to stand around and pick up the pieces when you implode. Thanks guys. You're the best.

IMG_7495.gif

Does anyone here know either who really killed Kennedy or how a woman’s mind works? I was just curious
A bloke was walking along a beach early one morning when he noticed a bottle in the sand. He pulled it out and started to rub the sand off when a genie popped out of the bottle who apologised that she could only grant one wish.

The bloke said he always wanted to go the US so she gave him first class airway tickets to New York. The bloke exclaimed that he was scared of planes so she gave him two first class cruise ship tickets to New York.

"Oh, I cannot do that. A plane may crash into the ship".

"So how do you expect to get there/" the genie exclaimed crossly.

"Build me a road across the pacific ocean", the bloke demanded.

"I cannot do that. It's too difficult", she replied.

"Well" said the bloke, "I have just had an argument with my wife. Could you make me understand how women think?"

The genie looked at him and said, "Only one lane each way, right?"

End of the Road - Glenferrie Rd at Cotham Road back in 1980, about two years after I'd moved on to the Coles city store in Bourke St - check out the car "Hey Charger"
View attachment 1975646
Remember when we moved from country SA to Melbourne,I was about 14 or 15yo. On the old number 64 green tram heading down Hawthorn Rd. at night, when the pantograph (had to google that to find out what it was called 🥴) came off the wires, just about died in the arse, thought we were crashing.

Balance is an interesting sense and it's related to proprioception which is how we know where we are in space.

Touch your nose. Go on, do it now. How did you do that? You were not looking at both and unless you have a nose like mine you cannot see your nose at all.

This ability is proprioception. When some one is neurologically impaired (drunk) and you have to help them to your car get them to look at their feet. It gives them extra information about where their feet are as alcohol is no respecter of proprioception.

Human have other senses that they can develop. Ray Charles 'clicked' to navigate around much like a bat or a dolphin. People born with no vision often get quite good at clicking. They hear shapes.

Fascinating.

Good luck with the investigation Goatbaron
The proprioception in terms of intoxication one , looking at feet, is new to me, very cool. Knew about the echolocation tho!

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember when we moved from country SA to Melbourne,I was about 14 or 15yo. On the old number 64 green tram heading down Hawthorn Rd. at night, when the pantograph (had to google that to find out what it was called 🥴) came off the wires, just about died in the arse, thought we were crashing.
Where abouts is Country SA?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back