Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 14 - Roys FFC v Baghdad Bombers at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t stay long before coming back to SA. My dad was in the airforce so we moved around a lot
Moving around can be good for some, not so for others - for some kids it seems to be the making of them, for other not so much. Hope it was a good experience for you mate!

Moving around can be good for some, not so for others - for some kids it seems to be the making of them, for other not so much. Hope it was a good experience for you mate!
I was born in Victoria and moved to SA when I was about 5. I went to school in Elizabeth and found myself playing footy. One day we trained with the Central Districts footy club. I distinctly remember John Platten with his long wavy hair. He treated us like we were all special. We moved back to Victoria around the time Platten got picked up by the Hawks. I aligned myself to Hawthorn during that time, but I never truly got into footy until my teens which was when I was back in SA. As for the rest of it, besides making and saying goodbye to mates along the way, it taught me to resilience and I learned that life can go on with constant change. Besides becoming a Crows supporter, I think I came through it unscathed

Remember when we moved from country SA to Melbourne,I was about 14 or 15yo. On the old number 64 green tram heading down Hawthorn Rd. at night, when the pantograph (had to google that to find out what it was called 🥴) came off the wires, just about died in the arse, thought we were crashing.
Yeah, that's a fun sight isn't it, if you mean what i call the tram (trolley) pole connecting to the wires above (i think the pantogragh collects the power is more an apparatus on the roof of the tram on newer trams) - always amazed me the blokes who manipulate the poles at the end of lines or a particular corner. It always looked so dangerous, with sparks flying some times......

I was born in Victoria and moved to SA when I was about ….
1 for me, in Glossop/Berri was billeted out in Elizabeth for the schoolboys football championship.

Footnote: Born in Frankston, how tough am I 🤣🤣

Especially with BLUEALLTHRU lurking around
Looking Joseph Sikora GIF by Power Book IV: Force

I was born in Victoria and moved to SA when I was about 5. I went to school in Elizabeth and found myself playing footy. One day we trained with the Central Districts footy club. I distinctly remember John Platten with his long wavy hair. He treated us like we were all special. We moved back to Victoria around the time Platten got picked up by the Hawks. I aligned myself to Hawthorn during that time, but I never truly got into footy until my teens which was when I was back in SA. As for the rest of it, besides making and saying goodbye to mates along the way, it taught me to resilience and I learned that life can go on with constant change. Besides becoming a Crows supporter, I think I came through it unscathed
Yeah, Crows supporter - wow!
Ted Wow GIF

Low blow I know - sorry!

1 for me, in Glossop/Berri was billeted out in Elizabeth for the schoolboys football championship.

Footnote: Born in Frankston, how tough am I 🤣🤣

Dandenong is the new Frankston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balance is an interesting sense and it's related to proprioception which is how we know where we are in space.

Touch your nose. Go on, do it now. How did you do that? You were not looking at both and unless you have a nose like mine you cannot see your nose at all.

This ability is proprioception. When some one is neurologically impaired (drunk) and you have to help them to your car get them to look at their feet. It gives them extra information about where their feet are as alcohol is no respecter of proprioception.

Human have other senses that they can develop. Ray Charles 'clicked' to navigate around much like a bat or a dolphin. People born with no vision often get quite good at clicking. They hear shapes.

Fascinating.

Good luck with the investigation Goatbaron
We have a kid in our care where we believe she has issues with proprioception, there is a test you can do at some optometrist places.

Trips over everything not in direct eyeline when looking up during movement.

We have a kid in our care where we believe she has issues with proprioception, there is a test you can do at some optometrist places.

Trips over everything not in direct eyeline when looking up during movement.
Problems with proprioception are a key reason why you don’t find many people on the spectrum playing sport.

Congratulations, you are going to get 3 extra hours on the clock today.

Unfortunately, you are required to spend them in WA.

But you go back 200 years.

IMG_4466.jpeg

One of the more intriguing match-ups over the last few seasons when our two teams meet has been the battle of the heavyweights - Mooch vs BLUEALLTHRU

IMG_2533.jpeg

The last time Mooch was held goalless

While overall a quiet day for both players, BLUEALLTHRU massacred Mooch

… and Mooch wasn’t happy!

IMG_2535.jpeg

When asked about his approach when up against the gorilla forwards of the competition BLUEALLTHRU - one of the premium key defenders in the SweetFA over the last few seasons - shared his insights.

IMG_2537.jpeg

You don’t wanna grapple and get into a wrestling match with him, you've got to be smart with how you use your body and focus on your timing

#dayshift

View attachment 1976014

One of the more intriguing match-ups over the last few seasons when our two teams meet has been the battle of the heavyweights - Mooch vs BLUEALLTHRU

View attachment 1975996

The last time Mooch was held goalless

While overall a quiet day for both players, BLUEALLTHRU massacred Mooch

… and Mooch wasn’t happy!

View attachment 1976001

When asked about his approach when up against the gorilla forwards of the competition BLUEALLTHRU - one of the premium key defenders in the SweetFA over the last few seasons - shared his insights.

View attachment 1976002

You don’t wanna grapple and get into a wrestling match with him, you've got to be smart with how you use your body and focus on your timing

#dayshift

angry-poop.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back