Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by kuepper

The rest, however I agree with basically - however there is no question we have the better quality of talls across the park, and think you may well be very suprised at Troy Simmonds efforts int he ruck.

How is it that when Kane says Crows don't use more than one or two taggers at the most, and don't go man-on-man in the midfield, you agree with him, but when I say the same thing in a different way, apparently I am guilty of underestimating Freo's players?

Are you lot hypersensitive to any hint of criticism or something? Come to think of that makes sense. Forget I asked.

BTW, Simmonds is starting to look OK in ruck. In the preseason Freos ruck position potentially looked vacant, but it has been adequately filled by this player. He is certainly part of the reason why Freo are 3-3. Should be a good contest with Biglands, I am expecting Freo to have a slight edge here, and with their other talls.

But if you imagine that Freos talls are considerably better across the park than Crows, you have been reading & swallowing too much Melbourne press. Freos talls would be a bit better I agreee, but nowhere near the gap exists that you seem to imagine.

Originally posted by ok.crows

OK, that is fair enough. My ppoint is that McLeod could lay claim to being one of the competition's best players. Parker cannot. Capable player, yes ... out & out champion, no. Sorry, but there it is.

Why did Freo pass on McLeod anyway? I have heard the story from McLeod & McLeod's father point of view, but it would be interesting to hear it from a Freo perspective.

Is this perhaps what bugs Freo fans about McLeod - the "could have been" aspect of it?

My understanding is that the Crows came to Fremantle asking to do a trade to get McLeod, as Fremantle could select McLeod as some sort of priority pick. Neesham, in his infinite wisdom, simply did not do his homework on him, and gave the Crows what they wanted.

Kuepper - I think you will find that Collingwood are more than happy with Clement & Brodie Holland. Also, Kangaroos have got great use out of Spider Burton & Abraham was more than useful before he got injured. They also got Bell cheaply, before you got the Kangas back by swapping him for Sinclair (& a draft picks). Also, Callaghan is one of the few players playing good footy for the Saints & Bandy has been an excellent pickup for the Dogs.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Kuepper - I think you will find that Collingwood are more than happy with Clement & Brodie Holland. Also, Kangaroos have got great use out of Spider Burton & Abraham was more than useful before he got injured. They also got Bell cheaply, before you got the Kangas back by swapping him for Sinclair (& a draft picks). Also, Callaghan is one of the few players playing good footy for the Saints & Bandy has been an excellent pickup for the Dogs.

Few things here.
Holland would not get the nod ahead of Farmer,and I would prefer to invest the time in Medhurst over holland.
Give me Parker,Carr and McPhee any day over Clement.

Burton could have been handy but I am such a fan of him I would prefer he play for a club and get there full time ruck job.
Abraham may have been good for 2 years maximum.
Sinclair is a hack
We got Carr for Callaghan so its a win win situation.
Simmonds for Bandy I think we got the better of that deal.

First up you went down to West Coast by 19 points. That was West Coast - sabre's
spoon favourites. Then you beat Saints at Subi by 3 points. That is everybody else's spoon favourites. You then went down in the battle of the rabble in an away game by 10 points. Round 4 you had a good 66 point win - but again at Subi, and Tigers now officially are struggling. Then you went down to Geelong of all teams (another spoon candidate) in an away match by 62 points! Finally you had a win at home against depleted Bombers.

That is a far better record for Freo than last year, but the noticeable feature is that Freo are having trouble in away games and Geelong & Bombers (7th & 8th) are the highest ranked teams you have met.

This week you come up against the 4th ranked team in an away match at a ground where you have never beaten that team.

Yet I heard a news piece from Freo training tonight that Freo were thinking that this round against Adelaide was Freo's best chance yet to get an away win.

What, Hawks & Geelong weren't a good chance in comparison, or something?

You guys are strange. Your thinking is muddled. Adelaide are in better form than any of your opponents to date.

Why didnt freo get Mcleod,farmer,Lloyd,Wirrapunda(bad skills over rated imo)?

From what i understand is that freo could take a uncontracted player from a club and in return that club would get a priority pick of a 17 year old.Freo could NOT pick up the 17 yearold themself so we could not pick them up and we didnt give them away.
They were the rules.
sorry if someone has already posted this.

First up you went down to West Coast by 19 points. That was West Coast - sabre's
spoon favourites. Then you beat Saints at Subi by 3 points. That is everybody else's spoon favourites. You then went down in the battle of the rabble in an away game by 10 points. Round 4 you had a good 66 point win - but again at Subi, and Tigers now officially are struggling. Then you went down to Geelong of all teams (another spoon candidate) in an away match by 62 points! Finally you had a win at home against depleted Bombers.

That is a far better record for Freo than last year, but the noticeable feature is that Freo are having trouble in away games and Geelong & Bombers (7th & 8th) are the highest ranked teams you have met.

This week you come up against the 4th ranked team in an away match at a ground where you have never beaten that team.

Yet I heard a news piece from Freo training tonight that Freo were thinking that this round against Adelaide was Freo's best chance yet to get an away win.

What, Hawks & Geelong weren't a good chance in comparison, or something?

You guys are strange. Your thinking is muddled. Adelaide are in better form than any of your opponents to date.

Won't go too much in to this, but IMO we should've been, could've been 5-1.

Should have beaten West Coast, can't believe we didn't and can't wait to be rid of that bogey (but they beat us on the day - fair enough), should have beaten Hawthorn, can't believe we let it slip that late in the last.

We've played 3 of last year's top 4, and have a 3-3 record. Not bad IMO but could be better, even on equal terms with the cows!

Originally posted by milo

Won't go too much in to this, but IMO we should've been, could've been 5-1.

Should have beaten West Coast, can't believe we didn't and can't wait to be rid of that bogey (but they beat us on the day - fair enough), should have beaten Hawthorn, can't believe we let it slip that late in the last.

We've played 3 of last year's top 4, and have a 3-3 record. Not bad IMO but could be better, even on equal terms with the cows!

It is a bit hard to do direct comparisons. I could say for example that Crows could have or should have beaten Port.

Is there any team both sides have played? - why yes, Geelong!

You went down to Geelong by 62 points, but it was an away game.

Crows beat Geelong by 31 points, but it was a home game.

Now before you bleat about how you can't compare because Freo played Geelong away, Crows played Geelong at home, do just think for a second - gee, in this game coming up Freo are away and Crows are at home.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Seems to me like that 93 point differential possibly stands. That is a fair old stretch from "equal terms" in my book.

It is a bit hard to do direct comparisons. I could say for example that Crows could have or should have beaten Port.

Is there any team both sides have played? - why yes, Geelong!

You went down to Geelong by 62 points, but it was an away game.

Crows beat Geelong by 31 points, but it was a home game.

Now before you bleat about how you can't compare because Freo played Geelong away, Crows played Geelong at home, do just think for a second - gee, in this game coming up Freo are away and Crows are at home.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Seems to me like that 93 point differential possibly stands. That is a fair old stretch from "equal terms" in my book.

I didn't mention Geelong because we played a classic Docker shocker.

You can hang your hat on it if you want.

Originally posted by milo

I didn't mention Geelong because we played a classic Docker shocker.

You can hang your hat on it if you want.

Nah. I was just stirring a bit I guess.

I do seriously think Crows are in far better form than your lot seems to be giving us credit for.

I just couldn't believe it when I heard about your lot at training trying to delude themselves about Crows at Footy Park this week being their "best chance yet" of getting an away win.

I was absolutely gobsmacked by that one! To borrow a line from keuepper, I fervently hope that you coaches & players really do believe that, since it so obviously smacks of unjustified overconfidence.

To quote:

FREMANTLE coach Chris Connolly rates Saturday night's game against Adelaide as his team's biggest test so far this season.

SOurce: The West Australian

No, you are clearly the side in the best form we have met all year, no question.

However, I still think we matchup well with you, should beat you in the ruck, and hold a clear advantage in talls over the ground - we just need to try and minimise the damage/break even in the midfield, and we can win - that simple.

In all honesty we should get first touch.
Simmonds is a better ruckman than any you have and our in and under players are superior.
Its what we do with it after that is a worry and the crows goal kicking midfield that will cause headaches.
Farmer needs to play in the forward line as he doesnt possess the defensive qualities to shut down this goal kicking midfield.

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Simmonds is a better ruckman than any you have and our in and under players are superior.
Its what we do with it after that is a worry and the crows goal kicking midfield that will cause headaches.
Farmer needs to play in the forward line as he doesnt possess the defensive qualities to shut down this goal kicking midfield.

sabre:

In all honesty I think once again you seriously underrate your opposition.

Simmonds has had one good match & some other good cameos. Biglands has been doing just fine. Without looking at the stats I would imagine Crows are better off in terms of centre clearance than Freo, Crows led this stat last year by a fair margin.

I think Crows should get first touch.

kuepper:

Thanks for the quote from the paper, but all it does is highlight coachspeak propaganda.

I am quoting from a TV spot from Freo training yesterday. "this is Freo's best chance yet" (of getting an away win).

Bowled over I was, I couldn't credit what I was hearing. Didn't you believe you could beat Geelong or something? Or Hawks for that matter? Or to put it another way ... if those games weren't a chance to get an away win, what on earth makes you think suddenly this game coming up is a good chance in comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because tv said it doesn't mean its true. They even said that freo fans are talking finals which is a complete pile of arse aswell. We aren't talking finals, we can talk finals if we have 10 wins with 5 rounds to go.

Do you know who has had the most hit outs in the AFL since 1995??

Matthew Clarke

He will kill Simmonds in ruck- and that's wihtout even mentioning Biglands

Our midfielders are the best at clearences in the competition, so saying your in and unders will kill us is pie in the sky

Keep dreaming buddy.

"...Is there any team both sides have played? - why yes, Geelong!..."

How about that other benchmark... Essendon?

Originally posted by blockerhall
"...Is there any team both sides have played? - why yes, Geelong!..."

How about that other benchmark... Essendon?

We didn't get to play them in Perth! You didnt play Geelong at footy park

Answer is

We will know about 9.45 on Saturday who is right and who is wrong

Until then...................

Fair enough, Jars. Rate the sig, BTW.

If I may draw your attention back to rd 7 last year, the corresponding match, when we were 0-6, and were very unlucky not to catch you guys with the momentum we had built in the last quarter. We got within 3 points, Robran (from memory) had a giggle and a lie down, and you subsequently collected yourselves and kicked away in time on.

Football Park holds no fears for us.

Originally posted by Jars458

We didn't get to play them in Perth! You didnt play Geelong at footy park

Answer is

We will know about 9.45 on Saturday who is right and who is wrong

Until then...................

We'll know about 11.00pm WST if we choose not to listen to the radio. Bloody Channel 10 spankers!

Originally posted by blockerhall
Fair enough, Jars. Rate the sig, BTW.

If I may draw your attention back to rd 7 last year, the corresponding match, when we were 0-6, and were very unlucky not to catch you guys with the momentum we had built in the last quarter. We got within 3 points, Robran (from memory) had a giggle and a lie down, and you subsequently collected yourselves and kicked away in time on.

Football Park holds no fears for us.

That's true - but we were only 2-4 ourselves and not playing that well to be honest.

If this game was at Subiaco - you would be slight favourites

Because its at Footy Park - we are favourites

All of your other games against us at Footy park have been big loses from memory.

Originally posted by Jars458
At footy park - margins have been

21, 96, 93, 73, and 20

Equals

97 70 652

51 43 349

percentage for us of 185.82

Crows by ten goals

Oh no! Not the scary statistics, I'm shaking in me boots man...

Simmonds is a better ruckman than any you have
Simmonds plays one good game against a rookie in Hille, and all of a sudden he's a better ruckman than both Clarke and Biglands?

He needs to do a bit more before you can make those claims, Sabre.

Clarke and Biglands? Who?

Biglands got absolutely WORKED by Simon Eastaugh last year and From what ive seen of these 2 oafes is that they can't jump and are pretty useless, we all know that the mighty Snakeman can leap approximately 19 metres in the air and with J.Lo backing him up we will get first use of the aggot on Saturday night.

Now i spose people are gonna try and explain to me who these adelaide ruckman are and what they've achieved blah blah, the fact is that they are gimps. Young Huckleberry Biglands and Frank Clarke are mugs of the game and should be shot.

Dissapointing to see that our furry friend is injured and will miss running amok on footy park this weekend, atleast he will be replaced by class in Ritchie Cunningham.

Thanks for your input once again Buzzzzz much appreciated.

Originally posted by Browny 3:16
Clarke and Biglands? Who?

Proves what i thought initially

You know nothing about football.

Biglands isn't playing but Clarke will do the job.

---------

Generally

If Marsh plays on Longmuir we are in deep **** cause Marsh is very average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back