Selwood elbow to the back of Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

The only shame is that Mitchell didn't properly clobber that cheap little pee-stain.

He's got one big whack coming soon surely.
Ha-am quite sure you know that beneath that pleasant exterior of sammy's lies a bit of a thug who has been clobbering Joel for years and has already given him plenty of big whacks. So not to worry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think there was anything in the retaliation. Didn't seem like a lot of force, and looked like Mitchell just wanted to get a few words into Selwood's ear. Arm around the neck doesn't look good, but didn't look like he applied any pressure.

IMO, will Selwood's hit will be careless (although arguable that it was not, MRP has a high bar to decide it was intentional), low impact to the head, fine only.

Depends on the medical report though. If it is medium impact, will be 2 down to 1.

Don't think there was anything in the retaliation. Didn't seem like a lot of force, and looked like Mitchell just wanted to get a few words into Selwood's ear. Arm around the neck doesn't look good, but didn't look like he applied any pressure.

IMO, will Selwood's hit will be careless (although arguable that it was not, MRP has a high bar to decide it was intentional), low impact to the head, fine only.

Depends on the medical report though. If it is medium impact, will be 2 down to 1.
Mitchell was off with the blood rule from it

Scott Thompson got 2 down to 1 for his hit on Dangerfield didn't he? You would think this will be similar

Neither Rance nor Thompson are ever going to win a Brownlow. You can be sure that the MRP will declare Selweood's impact below force required.

Mitchell wont be winning this year, so Bartel will probably push for him to get a fine. Whether the other 4 flogs on the MRP agree, time will tell.

It is interesting that the umpire was right there and saw the Selwood hit, ignored it, then saw the Mitchell reply and ignored that. Umpires seem to ignore most hits these days, I guess because they figure the MRP will sort it out so writing up reports just isnt worth it.

Neither Rance nor Thompson are ever going to win a Brownlow. You can be sure that the MRP will declare Selweood's impact below force required.

Mitchell wont be winning this year, so Bartel will probably push for him to get a fine. Whether the other 4 flogs on the MRP agree, time will tell.

It is interesting that the umpire was right there and saw the Selwood hit, ignored it, then saw the Mitchell reply and ignored that. Umpires seem to ignore most hits these days, I guess because they figure the MRP will sort it out so writing up reports just isnt worth it.
Ding ding ding he's on the 4th line of Brownlow betting. MRP will want to save themselves of any embarrassment and let him off in case he was to win.

They rub blokes out for "footy acts" (tackling with a bad landing, bumping an inch to high) and have now started on jumper punches, so it's going to be pretty pathetic to see this act get off.

I'm trying to find the footage they showed after the game with a clear angle of Selwood's elbow. All the footage in media reports is just clips at that time of the game and focuses more on Mitchell with Ling and co saying nothing in it.

Yeah I've only seen the Mitchell retaliation that they showed at some stage during the game. For obvious reasons I didn't bother watching any post match stuff, so I haven't actually seen what Selwood did.

The umpire reported him on the spot and i believe the Eagles had the ball downfield anyway

Yeah I've only seen the Mitchell retaliation that they showed at some stage during the game. For obvious reasons I didn't bother watching any post match stuff, so I haven't actually seen what Selwood did.

Fox Footy showed the angle we saw in the game and all agreed nothing in it. Then they showed it from another angle where you can clearly see forceful contact from his forearm to Mitchell's head and they were all pretty much "oh".

Didnt comment any further because they know the MRP needs to find a way to not suspend a guy who could win the Brownlow. That said, he got 0 votes last night.

Later on Dunstall asked Mitchell about it when he was being interviewed and Mitchell's response was "you know I never talk about anything that happens on the field" and there it ended.

The umpire reported him on the spot and i believe the Eagles had the ball downfield anyway

So wouldnt that be a 50m penalty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back