National SEN not allowed to broadcast in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I asked a moderator If I could post this on the main board but have been asked to post it here, does anyone else in WA have a similar issue?

The sen app is useless if you live in WA, you can only listen to sen WA which we all know is centred around WA footy and the bulk of conversation is around Freo and WC. And now I can't stream live sen through my lap top either. Here is my email conversation with the director of product and development at Croc media.

1560491518379.png
1560491602979.png

1560491764185.png

1560488672317-png.692074

Now that link doesn't work on my lap top either, I've called him to ask for assistance with no reply yet.

Attachments

• 1560490853698.png
    1560490853698.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 115
This probably isn't an answer you want, but you might be able to get a digital wi-fi internet radio. I'm not sure if they're truly portable; they might have to be hooked up to your home internet. I know a bloke who's got a Kogan one on which he listens to interstate stations

Last edited:

Download TuneIn or any other radio app (not SEN branded) and you'll have no issues getting 1116.

Download TuneIn or any other radio app (not SEN branded) and you'll have no issues getting 1116.

Nup got radio app that'll play any station except sen vic.

It's clear in Ricky's reply to me, the wa government does not want Sen vic broadcast in WA. That's the issue, my guess is it has something to do with wagering advertising as he has alluded to in the reply.

So in short the WA gov. is concerned about people that can't control their gambling addiction and want to ban gambling advertising for obvious reasons. The problem with that is that people like me who have no hand in another persons addiction has to suffer for it.

This probably isn't an answer you want, but you might be able to get a digital wi-fi internet radio. I'm not sure if they're truly portable; they might have to be hooked up to your home internet. I know a bloke who's got a Kogan one on which he listens to interstate stations

You're right that's no good to me, I need it to be portable. Principal is the major issue, the short sighted wa govern it seems wants to ban sen vic for it's gambling so anyone that wants to stream sen is the fall guy because gambling addiction.

Sorry wa government that's not my problem and I'll be making some noise because this move in order to curtail gambling is rather reactionary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked a moderator If I could post this on the main board but have been asked to post it here, does anyone else in WA have a similar issue?

The sen app is useless if you live in WA, you can only listen to sen WA which we all know is centred around WA footy and the bulk of conversation is around Freo and WC. And now I can't stream live sen through my lap top either. Here is my email conversation with the director of product and development at Croc media.

View attachment 692103
View attachment 692106

View attachment 692110

1560488672317-png.692074

Now that link doesn't work on my lap top either, I've called him to ask for assistance with no reply yet.
Vpn solves your problem.

Vpn solves your problem.

Just looked that up, looks I have to fork out. While that may solve the issue I should not have to be finding ways around it. In principal I gather from this Ricky bloke that the WA laws changed on june 1 and they're not allowed broadcast sen because of gambling advertising. That's not my problem.

That's not right in my book, and I'll be researching to find the person(s) involved in changing the law and requesting that sen is allowed broadcast in WA. If not I'm going to get very noisy and go public with it.

Just looked that up, looks I have to fork out. While that may solve the issue I should not have to be finding ways around it. In principal I gather from this Ricky bloke that the WA laws changed on june 1 and they're not allowed broadcast sen because of gambling advertising. That's not my problem.

That's not right in my book, and I'll be researching to find the person(s) involved in changing the law and requesting that sen is allowed broadcast in WA. If not I'm going to get very noisy and go public with it.

I'm 100% sure that no one will give a s**t. It's a niche station whose Victorian version would be listed by maybe dozens (not even hundreds) of people.

We should all be so lucky to have state governments doing something about the scourge of gambling advertising.

It would be interesting to hear how this works on national tv sporting events though.

I'm 100% sure that no one will give a ****. It's a niche station whose Victorian version would be listed by maybe dozens (not even hundreds) of people.

We should all be so lucky to have state governments doing something about the scourge of gambling advertising.

It would be interesting to hear how this works on national tv sporting events though.

And yet today I've seen gambling advertising ad nauseum on the tv. If they really want to stop gambling advertising start with the tv, disallowing sen broadcasting in wa will have near zero impact on one's self responsibility to control their addiction.

They have no right to take away my right to tune in because people can't or refuse to help themselves. Sure maybe the public won't give a flying but I'm sure the government department will If I enquire infinitum.

And yet today I've seen gambling advertising ad nauseum on the tv. If they really want to stop gambling advertising start with the tv, disallowing sen broadcasting in wa will have near zero impact on one's self responsibility to control their addiction.

They have no right to take away my right to tune in because people can't or refuse to help themselves. Sure maybe the public won't give a flying but I'm sure the government department will If I enquire infinitum.

I've worked in government mate, I can guarantee they won't. People don't seem to realise that they write to their government minister, the email gets forwarded to the same department that oversees the law, and the response is some approved line waffle that will piss you off more than you were when you wrote the initial email.

If you do decide to bother, I don't know whether I'd be going with your "right" to listen to an online stream of an internet radio station, because you have no such right.

I've worked in government mate, I can guarantee they won't. People don't seem to realise that they write to their government minister, the email gets forwarded to the same department that oversees the law, and the response is some approved line waffle that will piss you off more than you were when you wrote the initial email.

If you do decide to bother, I don't know whether I'd be going with your "right" to listen to an online stream of an internet radio station, because you have no such right.

Do I have a right to watch gambling ads on tv? Seeing how I paid for the tv, the house it sits in and the electricity needed to watch it? If yes, then why do I not have the right to stream a radio station seeing how I paid for the lap top and the phone and the internet subscription?

If I have the right to watch gambling ads on tv then I have every right to stream radio on my phone or lap top.

Hey pacman do you just stream it? The email conversation in the op says you shouldn't be able to.

I just go to the sen website, top of the page has an orange button that says listen live (or similar) I press that, hear a 15 second ad, then Maher or KB comes on.
This is on my laptop and been doing it this way for a couple of years.

(I bet it won’t work tomorrow) I’ll let you know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back