Senator Bob Day resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm assuming that was his personal money. Which he can do what he wants with.

I doubt he could forgive a business debt like that.

He made this donation after receiving massive dividends from the business, which in turn were received by him after the business was already technically broke.

His as well and all you want to do is take a pot shot. Businesses like his create real economic growth. The Public sector is only a drain on productivity.

Oh yeah, so much economic growth many families have lost their homes and small businesses have lost bucketloads of money.

Exactly how is that economic growth?

Also, Day is refusing to acknowledge the pain and suffering his business has caused to families and other businesses, claiming there is no trail of destruction left behind as a result of Home Australia collapsing.

Last edited:

I found this interesting from an article from the ABC: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-01/bob-day-resigns/7983088

"Today's announcement coincides with Labor comments over a Federal Government grant to a training college chaired by Mr Day.
The Government has rejected suggestions a $1.8-million grant was part of a deal to garner the former senator's vote to support the ABCC."

I have no confidence in any politician or government at the moment.

I found this interesting from an article from the ABC: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-01/bob-day-resigns/7983088

"Today's announcement coincides with Labor comments over a Federal Government grant to a training college chaired by Mr Day.
The Government has rejected suggestions a $1.8-million grant was part of a deal to garner the former senator's vote to support the ABCC."

While this wouldn't have made Day change his mind, its a nice little sweetener that stinks.

In my opinion Day was always going to vote for ABCC reform. Its the business he is in that makes me think this. But to be able to screw the Government for something extra is always good.

While this wouldn't have made Day change his mind, its a nice little sweetener that stinks.

In my opinion Day was always going to vote for ABCC reform. Its the business he is in that makes me think this. But to be able to screw the Government for something extra is always good.
I agree, he would have but I am really over all these sweeteners to buy votes. Just like this current AS policy to appease Hanson.

Further not saying that one side does it as I imagine deals are done all the time but really wondering who is more trustworthy.

I feel that we have been in limbo for the last three years or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For good reason. Fairfax reporting Bob Day may have been "illegally elected". Brandis has released a statement saying he had received information concerning a "potential indirect pecuniary interest" in a contract between Day and the Commonwealth.

Bob's in it up to his neck, looks like. Couldn't happen to a nicer bastard.

For good reason. Fairfax reporting Bob Day may have been "illegally elected". Brandis has released a statement saying he had received information concerning a "potential indirect pecuniary interest" in a contract between Day and the Commonwealth.

Bob's in it up to his neck, looks like. Couldn't happen to a nicer bastard.
Yet Brandis and co were quite happy a week ago? Slimy gutter politics now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ction-family-first-labor-coalition-high-court

And just to make a move towards the bizarre. So what happens if he is found to be ineligible?

Does the position go to the next on the quota list? ( was that the Libs or NXT?)
Does any legislation passed with his vote become automatically invalid?

I assume there won't be another SA Senate election
And Abbott had dual citizenship... nothing will happen

And if it did, Pauline hansen's party would likely get the seat. Like for a like

And Abbott had dual citizenship... nothing will happen

And if it did, Pauline hansen's party would likely get the seat. Like for a like
No, Family First edged out Labor, so either Labor get the seat or new election if he shouldn't have been elected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back