Media Serial Stats: S32 List Assessment and Posting Stats - End of Season Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Fighting Furies
IN: U2tigers (returning), Lynchy04 (rookie), Tiger2709 (rookie), Brunswick Trap King (rookie), damicky (rookie), ImissFrosty (Demons).
OUT: Lady Godava (Bombers), Nuffers (delisted), Mrs haydo (delisted), This Is Anfield (delisted), Piggy Smalls (Warriors), ChappyUK (Warriors), damicky (Demons).

ROOKIES
Season 32 saw a big intake of rookies for the Fighting Furies, with mixed success. Lynchy04 (0.0 ppw) never got started, Tiger2709 (0.3 ppw) was only sighted in three match threads all season, and Brunswick Trap King (0.6 ppw) was only seen twice. damicky (106 ppw) was huge for them though, before he was traded mid-season for ImissFrosty (90.8 ppw) in what many would consider a win-win trade - both players will be in the mix for a EKA placing this season.
LOSSES
Piggy Smalls (S31 2.8 ppw) and ChappyUK (S31 0.6 ppw) were minor losses following a late off-season swooping by the Warriors, but The Greatest Ava (S31 8.4 ppw) returning to the Bombers hurt a bit more. Nuffers (0.0 ppw), Mrs haydo (2.1 ppw) and This is Anfield (0.0 ppw) were cleaned out in favour of active players.
GAINS
U2tigers was the sole big signing for the Furies this season, and his 40.5 ppw more than made up for the departures.
PLAYERS TRENDS
A mixed bag for the Furies' established players, with a few going each way. GREENESHOOTS (from 56.9 to 71.5 ppw) and Elton Johns Wig (from 46.4 to 79.6 ppw) led the charge, with able support from skipper Bastyy (from 18.6 to 27.3 ppw), Rioli8217 (from 30.6 to 59.3 ppw) and Tigerturbulance (from 35.9 to 52.9 ppw).
But then Mister M (from 70.2 to 56.7 ppw), Ned_Flanders (from 58.4 to 24.1 ppw) and crazywildhorse (from 22.0 to 18.1 ppw) dropped away, and TJASTA (from 57.7 to 2.1 ppw) stood firm by his little two post crusade (with one slip up!). Sterge (from 12.6 to 2.3 ppw) lost interest, whilst Carson Dial (from 6.5 to 0.3 ppw) and JackBero (from 1.4 to 0.3 ppw) went inactive.
TEAM TRENDS
Considering that they only have ten players posting significant numbers each week, the Furies did quite well with their overall figures. Total match thread posts increased from 7,274 to 8,614 (up 18%), the sum of median weekly posts massively increased from 360 to 531, and the average number of Furies in their match threads increased from 13.24 to 14.00. The total number of posters increased from 22 to 23.

Despite this their match thread share strangely fell from 51.61% to 46.43% - the 34% share in their Round 13 thread with the Bombers slammed them. They were the second least reliant on their Top 15 posters though (a huge reduction from 67.68 to 59.44%), and they increased the number of players on their list with over 5% of their match thread posts (from 7 to a league high 9). There were less Furies with over 5 ppw, falling from 13 to 11, but the number with over 20 ppw increased from 8 to 10.
They had the same number of weeks with over 300 match thread posts (13), but increased their 600+ weeks from 2 to 5 - whilst they ticked over 900 posts once in Round 2 thread with the Bombers (1600!).

Raw numbers looks good for the Furies, but they have very little depth beyond their Top 10 posters (11th is Sterge on 2.3 ppw). TJASTA may return to action next season, but there would be concerns within about losing a couple of their power players to expansion. A couple of big name recruits could be just what the doctor ordered.
GRADE: C+

1637560141522.png

1637560152343.png

Really agree with your assessments here, serial_thrilla.

Downward trend on all fronts from the East Side Rebrands. Clearly has not worked.

Really makes you wonder.

The highlight of my season is still when you f**ked off, to be fair.

I might not post as much as I should, but I dish out my fair share of likes :thumbsu:
I am a bit shy, but should be better for the experience for the rest of finals and next season.

This is my experience too. Whether it was because I was experiencing rookie hazing or not, I certainly felt my posting wasn’t getting a ton of traction, pulling back to try and deliver greater quality

Downward trend on all fronts
Lol clearly we didn't read the same thing ;)

Losing the players we did didn't help but we did gain some. I think SaintBilly will return to bigfooty next year as well which will give us a boost.

Gold City Royals
IN: PMBangers (Hawks), MC Bad Genius (Dragons), boncer34 (Demons), krakouers85 (rookie), Dancing Potato (rookie), Fitzey (returned), Engimal v3 (rookie).
OUT: Gadzorks (delisted), Cesoir (delisted), Kapow!!! (delisted), The acurate one (delisted).

ROOKIES
By their usual standards, an unusually large batch of rookies joined the Royals this season. Dancing Potato (2.2 ppw) and Engimal v3 (2.1 ppw) were very sporadic in their posting, but krakouers85 (86.8 ppw) was a massive get for them - leading their posting tally for the season and being a frontrunner for the EKA in a few weeks' time.
LOSSES
New captain PMBangers had a big cleanout of their list in the off-season, throwing inactives Kapow!!! (0.0 ppw), Cesoir (0.0 ppw), Gadzorks (2.2 ppw) and The acurate one (0.1 ppw) to the curb.
GAINS
Stealing PMBangers (S31 73.3 ppw) from the Hawks was a huge achievement for The Filth Wizard, as was luring MC Bad Genius (S31 27.7 ppw) from the Dragons. Fitzey made a return to the league, and boncer34 (S31 0.6 ppw) came over in search of reinvigoration. Most recruits justified their inclusion this season, with PMBangers increasing to 83.8 ppw, MC Bad Genius became a Royal thread mainstay with 55.4 ppw and Fitzey chipping in with 20.1 ppw. However boncer34 (2.3 ppw) went missing after Round 7.
PLAYERS TRENDS
After the calamity of Season 31, the Royals were hoping for a return to activity this season, and for the most part that's what happened. Core posters Marlowe (from 18.4 to 63.3 ppw), The Filth Wizard (from 49.4 to 66.4 ppw), GreyCrow (from 23.1 to 49.4 ppw) and CakeEater (from 20.4 to 36.9 ppw) all had significant increases in output. spookism (from 15.1 to 30.3 ppw), nahnah (from 5.8 to 21.3 ppw) and Smartys Power (from 6.9 to 20.8 ppw) also returned to pre-Season 31 levels.
But there were a few Royals that dropped away: Noobz0r (from 0.8 to 0.0 ppw) went completely inactive, as did Easty (from 0.7 to 0.0 ppw). Meanwhile Blacky (from 3.5 to 1.9 ppw), brahj (from 2.1 to 0.6 ppw) and Ulahoopski (from 8.2 to 2.4 ppw) went another step closer to joining them. grumbleguts (from 13.1 to 6.0 ppw) was another to drop away this season.
TEAM TRENDS
Overall though, the Royals are a team on the grow. From 3,230 to 8,988 total match thread posts sees a mammoth 278% increase in posting output, whilst the sum of weekly median posts increased from 150 to 479. The average number of Royals in match threads each week increased from 13.82 to 16.06, and 25 total posters is 4 more than last season.

Last season the Royals had a league low 35.54% match thread share, but they have bumped that up to an extremely respectable 53.93% this time. They also reduced their reliance on their Top 5 posters from 66.47% to 63.30%, and increased the number of posters with over 5% of the teams' activity from 7 to 8. The number of posters averaging over 5 ppw increased from 11 to 12, but the big increase was in the 20+ ppw range (from a league-low 7 to 11) and 40+ ppw range (from a league-low 3 to 6).

They also increased the number of match threads with 300+ Royals posts from a dismal 2 last season up to a near-perfect 15 (Round 15 vs. Bears did them in), and from 0 to 7 match threads with 600+ posts.

So a very good turnaround by the Royals as they aim to return to the highs of Season 30 (and pretend that Season 31 does not exist). There's a few veterans that appear to be on death's door, but with a fresh core of posters combined with the regulars, things are looking rather positive.
GRADE: A-

1637568963530.png

1637568974914.png

IN: PMBangers (Hawks), MC Bad Genius (Dragons), boncer34 (Demons), krakouers85 (rookie), Dancing Potato (rookie), Fitzey (returned), Engimal v3 (rookie).
OUT: Gadzorks (delisted), Cesoir (delisted), Kapow!!! (delisted), The acurate one (delisted).

ROOKIES
By their usual standards, an unusually large batch of rookies joined the Royals this season. Dancing Potato (2.2 ppw) and Engimal v3 (2.1 ppw) were very sporadic in their posting, but krakouers85 (86.8 ppw) was a massive get for them - leading their posting tally for the season and being a frontrunner for the EKA in a few weeks' time.
LOSSES
New captain PMBangers had a big cleanout of their list in the off-season, throwing inactives Kapow!!! (0.0 ppw), Cesoir (0.0 ppw), Gadzorks (2.2 ppw) and The acurate one (0.1 ppw) to the curb.
GAINS
Stealing PMBangers (S31 73.3 ppw) from the Hawks was a huge achievement for The Filth Wizard, as was luring MC Bad Genius (S31 27.7 ppw) from the Dragons. Fitzey made a return to the league, and boncer34 (S31 0.6 ppw) came over in search of reinvigoration. Most recruits justified their inclusion this season, with PMBangers increasing to 83.8 ppw, MC Bad Genius became a Royal thread mainstay with 55.4 ppw and Fitzey chipping in with 20.1 ppw. However boncer34 (2.3 ppw) went missing after Round 7.
PLAYERS TRENDS
After the calamity of Season 31, the Royals were hoping for a return to activity this season, and for the most part that's what happened. Core posters Marlowe (from 18.4 to 63.3 ppw), The Filth Wizard (from 49.4 to 66.4 ppw), GreyCrow (from 23.1 to 49.4 ppw) and CakeEater (from 20.4 to 36.9 ppw) all had significant increases in output. spookism (from 15.1 to 30.3 ppw), nahnah (from 5.8 to 21.3 ppw) and Smartys Power (from 6.9 to 20.8 ppw) also returned to pre-Season 31 levels.

But there were a few Royals that dropped away: Noobz0r (from 0.8 to 0.0 ppw) went completely inactive, as did Easty (from 0.7 to 0.0 ppw). Meanwhile Blacky (from 3.5 to 1.9 ppw), brahj (from 2.1 to 0.6 ppw) and Ulahoopski (from 8.2 to 2.4 ppw) went another step closer to joining them. grumbleguts (from 13.1 to 6.0 ppw) was another to drop away this season.
TEAM TRENDS
Overall though, the Royals are a team on the grow. From 3,230 to 8,988 total match thread posts sees a mammoth 278% increase in posting output, whilst the sum of weekly median posts increased from 150 to 479. The average number of Royals in match threads each week increased from 13.82 to 16.06, and 25 total posters is 4 more than last season.
Last season the Royals had a league low 35.54% match thread share, but they have bumped that up to an extremely respectable 53.93% this time. They also reduced their reliance on their Top 5 posters from 66.47% to 63.30%, and increased the number of posters with over 5% of the teams' activity from 7 to 8. The number of posters averaging over 5 ppw increased from 11 to 12, but the big increase was in the 20+ ppw range (from a league-low 7 to 11) and 40+ ppw range (from a league-low 3 to 6).

They also increased the number of match threads with 300+ Royals posts from a dismal 2 last season up to a near-perfect 15 (Round 15 vs. Bears did them in), and from 0 to 7 match threads with 600+ posts.

So a very good turnaround by the Royals as they aim to return to the highs of Season 30 (and pretend that Season 31 does not exist). There's a few veterans that appear to be on death's door, but with a fresh core of posters combined with the regulars, things are looking rather positive.
GRADE: A-

Scored a 100 at the start of the series, cemented my spot then fell away and contributed nothing else. Very Australian cricketer like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumbies FFC
IN: Dory_77 (rookie), miggs (Bombers).
OUT: okeydoke7 (retired), Taylor (delisted).

ROOKIES
Just the one rookie this season for the Gumbies: Dory_77 (9.1 ppw), who as their ninth most active poster has slotted in nicely.
LOSSES
The inactive pair of Taylor (S31 0.0 ppw) and okeydoke7 (S31 0.0 ppw) were kicked to the curb.
GAINS
It was a bit of an unfortunately quiet trade period for the Gumbies, with no recruits in the off-season, and miggs (2.3 ppw) picked up mid-season following being delisted by the Bombers.
PLAYERS TRENDS
Not the greatest news on the activity of the existing Gumbies posters, with several going inactive. Ned Ryerson (from 52.2 to 0.0 ppw), @wherearemy keys (from 3.8 to 0.0 ppw), @saintskildaman (from 0.8 to 0.0 ppw) and EagleOz (from 3.2 to 0.0 ppw) were not spotted at all this season, whilst NSWCROW (from 0.4 to 0.1 ppw), Spuddd (from 0.4 to 0.1 ppw), BlueE (from 2.6 to 0.4 ppw), Jivlain (from 4.2 to 1.6 ppw) and Grimesy87 (from 4.1 to 2.5 ppw) barely sighted.
That left ten Gumbies to contribute a whopping 97.8% of their total output. Despite this skipper Barrybran (from 77.7 to 53.5 ppw), omgfridge (from 73.6 to 59.8 ppw), Lingua Ignota (from 36.2 to 27.1 ppw), Brick Loosener (from 16.6 to 12.3 ppw), Rodney Dangerfield (from 18.6 to 11.7 ppw) and StFly (from 11.6 to 7.9 ppw) all reduced their posting numbers, with only Riviat (from 60.8 to 75.5 ppw) and GWS Goose (from 54.4 to 64.9 ppw) seeing an uptick.
TEAM TRENDS
Not a whole lot of pretty viewing from the Gumbies unit this season, ranking last in several categories. Their total match thread posts reduced by 26% (from 7,365 to 5,470), the sum of their weekly median posts fell from 341 to 305, and the average number of Gumbies in match threads fell from 13.76 to 12.38 - the lowest number in the league since the Warriors in Season 30. They also only had 18 active posters for the season, a decline of 3 posters since Season 31.
Their match thread share fell from a solid 48.64% to a low 40.32%, whilst unsurprisingly their reliance on their Top 5 posters increased from 73.55% to a whopping 82.12%. They had a league-low 10 posters with over 2% share of their total posts, and a league-low 5 posters with over 5% share (down from 6). They remained stable with 10 posters averaging over 5 posts a week, and a decrease from 10 to 8 posters with over 10 ppw.
They only reached 300 posts on 9 occasions for the season (a league low, down from 13), and only ticked over 600 posts once (Round 2 vs. the Roys) - down from 3 times last season.
So not great viewing for the Gumbies, who comfortably have the weakest match thread posting squad depth. Luckily they're still over double the total posts from the doldrums of Seasons 27 and 28, so there is no risk of folding any time soon. They have a loyal core, and surely they are going to be on the front foot this off-season to bring 2 or 3 quality posters to their ranks. They're probably 5 active posters short of a solid mid-range team, so as usual for Barrybran there is plenty of work to do going forward.
GRADE: D

1637653013221.png

1637653026257.png

Last edited:
This is my experience too. Whether it was because I was experiencing rookie hazing or not, I certainly felt my posting wasn’t getting a ton of traction, pulling back to try and deliver greater quality

It wasn’t rookie hazing, your posting was just sh*thouse.

They're probably 5 active posters short of a solid mid-range team, so as usual for @Barrybran there is plenty of work to do going forward.
I could comfortably put together a squad of 20 decent posters who are current Gumbies and those who almost joined the Gumbies over the past couple of offseasons. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Safe to say my recruiting days are done. Impressed you didn't give us an F though because our core is one of the strongest in the league and we have an excellent group of consistent posters.

I could comfortably put together a squad of 20 decent posters who are current Gumbies and those who almost joined the Gumbies over the past couple of offseasons. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Safe to say my recruiting days are done. Impressed you didn't give us an F though because our core is one of the strongest in the league and we have an excellent group of consistent posters.
I dunno, I always find the Gumbies one of the best and I enjoy them very much 🤷‍♀️ No way a D for mine, likely a B. I think expectations for huge match threads are the issue not the actual posting. I would say you guys are near the top of the list for consistency and enjoyment. Imo.

IN: Dory_77 (rookie), miggs (Bombers).
OUT: okeydoke7 (retired), Taylor (delisted).

ROOKIES
Just the one rookie this season for the Gumbies: Dory_77 (9.1 ppw), who as their ninth most active poster has slotted in nicely.
LOSSES
The inactive pair of Taylor (S31 0.0 ppw) and okeydoke7 (S31 0.0 ppw) were kicked to the curb.
GAINS
It was a bit of an unfortunately quiet trade period for the Gumbies, with no recruits in the off-season, and miggs (2.3 ppw) picked up mid-season following being delisted by the Bombers.
PLAYERS TRENDS
Not the greatest news on the activity of the existing Gumbies posters, with several going inactive. Ned Ryerson (from 52.2 to 0.0 ppw), @wherearemy keys (from 3.8 to 0.0 ppw), @saintskildaman (from 0.8 to 0.0 ppw) and EagleOz (from 3.2 to 0.0 ppw) were not spotted at all this season, whilst NSWCROW (from 0.4 to 0.1 ppw), Spuddd (from 0.4 to 0.1 ppw), BlueE (from 2.6 to 0.4 ppw), Jivlain (from 4.2 to 1.6 ppw) and Grimesy87 (from 4.1 to 2.5 ppw) barely sighted.
That left ten Gumbies to contribute a whopping 97.8% of their total output. Despite this skipper Barrybran (from 77.7 to 53.5 ppw), omgfridge (from 73.6 to 59.8 ppw), Lingua Ignota (from 36.2 to 27.1 ppw), Brick Loosener (from 16.6 to 12.3 ppw), Rodney Dangerfield (from 18.6 to 11.7 ppw) and StFly (from 11.6 to 7.9 ppw) all reduced their posting numbers, with only Riviat (from 60.8 to 75.5 ppw) and GWS Goose (from 54.4 to 64.9 ppw) seeing an uptick.
TEAM TRENDS
Not a whole lot of pretty viewing from the Gumbies unit this season, ranking last in several categories. Their total match thread posts reduced by 26% (from 7,365 to 5,470), the sum of their weekly median posts fell from 341 to 305, and the average number of Gumbies in match threads fell from 13.76 to 12.38 - the lowest number in the league since the Warriors in Season 30. They also only had 18 active posters for the season, a decline of 3 posters since Season 31.
Their match thread share fell from a solid 48.64% to a low 40.32%, whilst unsurprisingly their reliance on their Top 5 posters increased from 73.55% to a whopping 82.12%. They had a league-low 10 posters with over 2% share of their total posts, and a league-low 5 posters with over 5% share (down from 6). They remained stable with 10 posters averaging over 5 posts a week, and a decrease from 10 to 8 posters with over 10 ppw.
They only reached 300 posts on 9 occasions for the season (a league low, down from 13), and only ticked over 600 posts once (Round 2 vs. the Roys) - down from 3 times last season.
So not great viewing for the Gumbies, who comfortably have the weakest match thread posting squad depth. Luckily they're still over double the total posts from the doldrums of Seasons 27 and 28, so there is no risk of folding any time soon. They have a loyal core, and surely they are going to be on the front foot this off-season to bring 2 or 3 quality posters to their ranks. They're probably 5 active posters short of a solid mid-range team, so as usual for Barrybran there is plenty of work to do going forward.
GRADE: D

An opportune time to again reiterate my previous comment in regards to post counts being the metric to measure strength.
Adjectives such weaker and stronger are also poor descriptions on post number movements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back