News Serious assault following last night’s game (2018 final)

Remove this Banner Ad

These types don't do job interviews. They catch-up with their dad's mates for a coffee or beer and get hired through the old boys network.

Even the old boys network starts to get a little nervy about hiring riff-raff who beat up old men on the street. Some of those organisations are super conservative and highly risk averse. Maybe its the merchant banking industry for him. Love taking risks with other people's money and already full of bottom feeders.

Shocked you haven’t called me a snowflake yet.

It has everything to do with immigration. We have a government making life hell for immigrants in Melbourne on the grounds that they are violent, and what is their response when members of their beloved inner city elite commit a crime that would otherwise lead for calls for deportation?

For what it’s worth.

1. I’m white
2. I went to a private school
3. Your deflection in this thread has been pitiful
You have some issues, champ. I’m sorry if I’ve intruded into your safe space.

I think you’ll find the ones often screaming for deportations are not the ‘inner city elites’ but rather those in the outer reaches who cohabit with first and second generation migrants. Inner city elites are the ones baying for closure of detention camps and more open borders. You know, something to soothe that white, middle-class guilt they seem to have become afflicted with. Why do you think inner city electorates are turning Green?

For what it’s worth.

1. I too am white, of a migrant background and most of my mates are of migrant background
2. I too went to a private school
3. Three well-connected tools who went to a private school and allegedly committed an assault on two older gents last Thursday have naff all to with immigration or border controls and your confected outrage is misplaced

Last edited:

It's a hell of a lot easier to grow up in a good home when your folks don't have money issues.

Pretending otherwise is garbage

It's not about what's easier. You're still generalising. An ex girlfriend of mine went to a $20,000-a-year school, lived in a wealthy suburb and never had to worry about money. Her brother abused her physically (I didn't know at the time), and the father was a drug addict.

On the contrary, I grew up in a suburb classified as having among the lowest household incomes in the metro area, highest crime rate, and lowest school completing rates. I come from a loving, caring and supportive family, and now could probably be classified as living in a wealthy area among the city's elite. That's because of my upbringing.

I know that those latter areas have higher rates of unhappiness, and it's obvious why, but it's not about what's easier. Because that is completely dismissive of what can and does happen. What my ex went through (and may still being going through) happened regardless of her social class. What you're saying is akin to saying it's not as bad because she comes from a wealthy family. I don't think she asked to be abused.

How come no one has mentioned that the mother is Dr Brigid Nossal (hence the "Australian Of The Year" connection) ?

Dr Brigid Nossal is a director at the National Institute of Organisation Dynamics Australia. Her expertise is in:

individual and group : leadership development : organisational analysis : culture change : strategy : action research / action learning : group dynamics

She should be perfectly placed to explain the actions of Sam and Dominic.....

How come no one has mentioned that the mother is Dr Brigid Nossal (hence the "Australian Of The Year" connection) ?

Dr Brigid Nossal is a director at the National Institute of Organisation Dynamics Australia. Her expertise is in:

individual and group : leadership development : organisational analysis : culture change : strategy : action research / action learning : group dynamics

She should be perfectly placed to explain the actions of Sam and Dominic.....
I laughed when I saw some of her speeches revolve around bullying. Pity she did such a poor job raising her children.

It's not about what's easier. You're still generalising. An ex girlfriend of mine went to a $20,000-a-year school, lived in a wealthy suburb and never had to worry about money. Her brother abused her physically (I didn't know at the time), and the father was a drug addict.

On the contrary, I grew up in a suburb classified as having among the lowest household incomes in the metro area, highest crime rate, and lowest school completing rates. I come from a loving, caring and supportive family, and now could probably be classified as living in a wealthy area among the city's elite. That's because of my upbringing.

I know that those latter areas have higher rates of unhappiness, and it's obvious why, but it's not about what's easier. Because that is completely dismissive of what can and does happen. What my ex went through (and may still being going through) happened regardless of her social class. What you're saying is akin to saying it's not as bad because she comes from a wealthy family. I don't think she asked to be abused.

So we should assume he's been abused before convicting him?

You have made my point, the wealthy get a benefit of the doubt or second chance the poor rarely do

What? You're cooked, mate. The only one making assumptions and jumping to conclusions is you.

You're the one who thinks we need to give this guy a break because he may have been abused.

I said rich kids are more likely to have a better life than poor, but for obvious personal reasons this has set you off.

Funny the tigs supporter wants one of his one banned, yet the dees supporter is falling over himself with excuses. Are you a MCC member?

What? You're cooked, mate. The only one making assumptions and jumping to conclusions is you.
You gave some anecdotal story to let us know that those born wealthy can also have it hard :'(

I'm now on the side of these suffering, maladjusted adults. Who knows, maybe something bad happened to them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok folks, anyone who is keen I would implore you to contact MCC and the RFC and let them know that these thugs should lose their memberships for life.

They won't get any sufficient court punishment but perhaps with encouragement the clubs will do the right thing.

Membership@mcc.org.au and membership@richmondfc.com.au

Yep, considering these campaigners were mingling with all those Joe Schlubs in public when they did this, it's in all footy followers interest to get these thugs banned for life.

You're the one who thinks we need to give this guy a break because he may have been abused.

I said rich kids are more likely to have a better life than poor, but for obvious personal reasons this has set you off.

Funny the tigs supporter wants one of his one banned, yet the dees supporter is falling over himself with excuses. Are you a MCC member?
Get the chip off ya shoulder mate, this isn’t a rich v poor thing. Anger issues affect everyone in society. Hope these blokes get the full force of law thrown at them.

Get the chip off ya shoulder mate, this isn’t a rich v poor thing. Anger issues affect everyone in society. Hope these blokes get the full force of law thrown at them.

I wanted him jailed before we knew who he was. That doesn't change anything, except the likelihood of him getting off

Where did he state this? Go on, I'll give you a couple of minutes to think up of some sort of pitiful excuse why you posted it

He disagreed with the notion wealthy kids will normally have a better life than poor ones, with the qualifier being a one case example

Looking forward to seeing you defend these guys keeping their MCC membership and get a stern finger waggling from the magistrate

This is not the case at all. My first reply was in relation to your comment stating that due to them coming from a well to do family, that they can't possibly have it that bad. I am not looking for excuses, nor attempting to dismiss what they did.

My point was that regardless of your background, you can come from a bad household. I was merely pointing out that I knew someone from a wealthy environment that actually came from a very bad, distressing household environment. It was in direct response to your original comment. I never, ever said we should give him a break.

You're making this about class and trying to turn it back on me as being the one wanting to gift him a pass based on class. When the only one doing that here is you. My point had nothing to do with this particular case, more to do with your comment suggesting that because he went to a private boy school, that his home life couldn't possibly be an excuse. I'm arguing it *could* be, and that coming from a bad home need not be exclusive to one particular class.

This is not the case at all. My first reply was in relation to your comment stating that due to them coming from a well to do family, that they can't possibly have it that bad. I am not looking for excuses, nor attempting to dismiss what they did.

My point was that regardless of your background, you can come from a bad household. I was merely pointing out that I knew someone from a wealthy environment that actually came from a very bad, distressing household environment. It was in direct response to your original comment. I never, ever said we should give him a break.

You're making this about class and trying to turn it back on me as being the one wanting to gift him a pass based on class. When the only one doing that here is you. My point had nothing to do with this particular case, more to do with your comment suggesting that because he went to a private boy school, that his home life couldn't possibly be an excuse. I'm arguing it *could* be, and that coming from a bad home need not be exclusive to one particular class.

Okay, answer this

What *could* have happened in his childhood to justify smashing a 61 year old on the ground as many times as he did?

He disagreed with the notion wealthy kids will normally have a better life than poor ones, with the qualifier being a one case example

Looking forward to seeing you defend these guys keeping their MCC membership and get a stern finger waggling from the magistrate

I like how you automatically jump to conclusions, you see what you want to see and then argue whatever it is you're trying to flog.

The suggestion that coming from a wealthy family will make you instantly happy for starters. A lot of kids from wealthy families are ****ed up mentally because their parents were too busy having a career to give the one thing all parents need to give to their kids, especially at a young age, and that's time.

Your other assumption that you just made is that I'm going to defend the Walker brothers. You clearly have no idea how to read people, i think they should do time for their assaults, they are absolute scum and this will rightly be with them for the rest of their lives.

You need to grow up and read posts, actually not just read posts but try to understand what the person is trying to explain and get across, you really are being pathetic

i don't think there is any excuse for it. But you're the one who brought up the prospect of class and household environment potentially justifying actions.

I said class will get him off, because the mag probably knows his old man, and will assume from the start he's a good kid who made a bad call.

If it was a 24 year old from Altona, no chance that same consideration would be given, because the automatic assumption is he's a meth head violent thug.

What I recon makes this worse for them is that they hunted out the old blokes. If the story is correct, there was a bit of verbal, the old fellas left and hid and then were beat up when they came out for a taxi.

So this bashing isn’t a spur of the moment thing. They had time to think, to walk away, but because they didn’t is it a premeditated attack?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back