News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

The buyer of OOC players rarely pays full price.

And they paid what we thought he was worth.
We know this because:

We know we have a bucket load of cash sitting unused that we could have used to contract him. We chose not too.

And if we did try and use that cash to recontract him - then clearly he just wanted out of the club

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Which is it?

We chose not to or he just wanted out

Pick one

Which is it?

We chose not to or he just wanted out

Pick one

How would I know? Clearly it is one of them though.

We had the ability to offer as much money as he could want -

so we either chose to offer only what we thought he was worth to us

We chose to offer what he could get from Melbourne but he chose them anyway

Either way we valued him less than Melbourne did and they paid accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disappointed to lose McAdam for next to FA. He was a best 22 player and added skill, speed and unpredictability to the forward line.

However he obviously wasn’t seen as vital by the coaches and list management staff for reasons not known to me.

One thing I noticed over past few years was his absence in team social photos. Maybe he’s just an introvert, but he never seemed to be part of the club’s in-crowd. To a lesser degree this also applied to Doedee.

If think they both had less social reasons to stay than say Soligo, Murphy, Fogarty, Murphy, McHenry, Murray etc.

Disappointed to lose McAdam for next to FA. He was a best 22 player and added skill, speed and unpredictability to the forward line.

However he obviously wasn’t seen as vital by the coaches and list management staff for reasons not known to me.

One thing I noticed over past few years was his absence in team social photos. Maybe he’s just an introvert, but he never seemed to be part of the club’s in-crowd. To a lesser degree this also applied to Doedee.

If think they both had less social reasons to stay than say Soligo, Murphy, Fogarty, Murphy, McHenry, Murray etc.

Doedee became all about himself when removed from the LG.
McAdam has X factor but can Melbourne get the lazy side out of his game.

Last edited:

He was in a photo at the pub just the other week (day befroe it was announced he might be going to the dees actually).. with rankine, tex, crouch, dawson and a couple of other lads..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Chelsea Randall missing a Grand Final because the AFL decided she had to sit out for concussion symptoms. She passed all concussion protocols and was cleared by doctors. Can you name me another player being forced by the AFL to miss a GF despite being cleared by doctors? Would the AFL do it to Petracca?

This is not quite correct. Randall did miss the 2021 GF but that was definitely due to a real concussion. At the time Randall spoke out quite strongly in support of the concussion protocols.

You're thinking of her missing the semi final against Collingwood last season after the AFL decided it "looked bad" when she stumbled and fell during a set shot, after having taken a knock to the head.

‘I was cleared’: ‘Symptom-free’ Crows skipper slams AFLW’s brutal concussion call

This is not quite correct. Randall did miss the 2021 GF but that was definitely due to a real concussion. At the time Randall spoke out quite strongly in support of the concussion protocols.

You're thinking of her missing the semi final against Collingwood last season after the AFL decided it "looked bad" when she stumbled and fell during a set shot, after having taken a knock to the head.

‘I was cleared’: ‘Symptom-free’ Crows skipper slams AFLW’s brutal concussion call
Yeh that might be correct. Might have muddled the two together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back