Shannon Noll- will he butcher grand final day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
What is the go with this poor mans barnsey, hillbilly/cretin/bogan magnet?
Settling in to watch the Mundine-Green fight and this pr1ck pops up giving opinions in the pre-fight show then goes on to sing the anthem.
Everytime i turn on the tv, he's there singing at some event. Now considering the love affair event managers and tv execs now seem to have with him, he's starting to look a good chance to show up on grand final day.

I could only wish Wil Anderson had some guts and boxing skill, or enough to jump in the ring with him and hit him in the Gareth John and make sure he never sings again.

yar.... he is :D:D:D:De. press play on the tape and let the crowd sing it

Of course he will. The bloke cant sing live. Had to put up with his squealing the other night on the footy show.

My cat could sing better while someone is standing on its tail.

The girl from the Navy (?) who sang the anthem on ANZAC Day did a better job than 90% of the "professionals" the AFL has used over the years. The anthem needs a strong, pure, quality voice - not some "pro" twisting it around and trying to put their own "interpretation" on it.

arrowman said:
The girl from the Navy (?) who sang the anthem on ANZAC Day did a better job than 90% of the "professionals" the AFL has used over the years. The anthem needs a strong, pure, quality voice - not some "pro" twisting it around and trying to put their own "interpretation" on it.
Agreed, the girl who did the honours at Subi for the ANZAC round was sensational. She just sang the bloody song, none of that warbling crap that these "pros" seem to try and insert after every line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DG-Man said:
Tall Poppy Syndrome

No because that implies that there is some sort of jealousy involved.
They guy is a throat singer in the rock tradition but you need to have the necessary power if you're not going to sing from your diaphragm or lungs. Please no contraception jokes

bring it on said:
Of course he will. The bloke cant sing live. Had to put up with his squealing the other night on the footy show.

My cat could sing better while someone is standing on its tail.

lol...I stood on my cats tail the other day, and I was wondering afterwards why the song "Shine" was stuck in my head!!!

Thanks for clearing that up for me!! :) :D

Funny that quote from the Chaser boys about what Shannon Noel and Osama Bin Laden have in common - they both want to destroy Western civilisation

Don't worry about Shannon Noll, how bad was Matthew Cambpell!!!!!!!

I was certain he was going to give us a 'ladies and gentle, boys and girls, LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUMBLE!

Couldn't stop laughing at his attempt to be a ring announcer

sloth6 said:
Don't worry about Shannon Noll, how bad was Matthew Cambpell!!!!!!!

I was certain he was going to give us a 'ladies and gentle, boys and girls, LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUMBLE!

Couldn't stop laughing at his attempt to be a ring announcer

Haha, i was also waiting for it, sounded like he had been watching old boxing movies with classic intros all day.

As for Shannon Noll...he beats the hell outta Human Nature, had to sit and hear them butcher the anthem in 98 or 99....disgraceful!

dmc333 said:
What is the go with this poor mans barnsey, hillbilly/cretin/bogan magnet?
Settling in to watch the Mundine-Green fight and this pr1ck pops up giving opinions in the pre-fight show then goes on to sing the anthem.
Everytime i turn on the tv, he's there singing at some event. Now considering the love affair event managers and tv execs now seem to have with him, he's starting to look a good chance to show up on grand final day.

I could only wish Wil Anderson had some guts and boxing skill, or enough to jump in the ring with him and hit him in the Gareth John and make sure he never sings again.

Like when the last Australian Open Tennis final was about to start. Players on the court, huge expectation, could cut the atmosphere with a knife.
Then, out tramps "Nollsy" with one of his mundane "anthem" songs. Completely f*ck#d the whole build up. What on earth were the organisers thinking ???

Shannon Noll - Fanning the flame of Boganism.

dmc333 said:
I don't know who else heard it, but I swear to god Campbell called Danny Green "Danny the Man.. (oops) the machine Green"
And then just called Mundine "Anthony Mundine"
must have been crapping it he'd call mundine the green machine

Yeah I heard that...hahaha, had a good laugh.

Probably ran it over and over in his mind all day too, then slipped up under the pump.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back