Rumour Sheedy back to Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem with any of the Bloods is they remain so loyal to the culture at that club. Paul Kelly left us before our first AFL season because he couldn't bring himself to be involved with an opposition to the Swans. I suspect Kirk would be very much the same. But yes, he would be a fantastic person to have around our club.

Last I heard Kirk was an assistant coach at Fremantle. Doesn't seem to have a problem working for a swans opponent.

I also don't really want swans cast-offs (except Mummy/Lamb - ok, any player really) but that's current players - for our board and for spruiking the club, I don't want some ex-ex-South Melbourne hack (regardless of how good they might have been)

Can't we just get our own people? Or as Ellie Aquitaine suggested, someone unassociated, but with community standing in Western Sydney, someone like Steve Waugh.

With the shitstorm about to break over Essendon, they need to put together a group of cleanskins to run the place in the tough years.

Sheeds loves Essendon.

As he cleans the place up from the drugs scandal, he has my good wishes.

I agree, it's disappointing, but genuinely hard to be critical given all the circumstances, not just at Essendon but with Sheeds himself, and the link between them.

Last I heard Kirk was an assistant coach at Fremantle. Doesn't seem to have a problem working for a swans opponent.

I also don't really want swans cast-offs (except Mummy/Lamb - ok, any player really) but that's current players - for our board and for spruiking the club, I don't want some ex-ex-South Melbourne hack (regardless of how good they might have been)

Can't we just get our own people? Or as Ellie Aquitaine suggested, someone unassociated, but with community standing in Western Sydney, someone like Steve Waugh.

Have you seen the footy doco that Kirk did?
Amazing ambassador for the game and thus the name being suggested, but I would also prefer someone who doesn't carry another teams bags..
I think Steve is a soccer fan, never seen or heard him mention AFL and I've read all his books, perfect type though for sure.

Seems this thread is discussing two very different things in replacing Sheeds. First is the spruiking role, second the board role. Just so happens that Sheeds could do both. He is as has been said many times, a walking headline. He is also recent AFL coach, and one of the most experienced ever, so fantastic input to the board as a member. We, any club, would find it hard to replace that sort of versatility. I think we need to consider these two roles seperately for now.

Tony Shepherd to make an announcement regarding Sheedy at midday, live streamed on the club website.

Just watched the presser. Man I love Sheeds. He stuck it up a few people there. Can't wait for Wayne Carey's response :)

Loved the line - don't take any notice of former centre half forwards who've obviously been hit in the head too many times.

Brilliant.
Pure Sheeds.

Gonna miss him, but he's certainly left the place better than when he found it.

Must be hard to see a place you've put 27 years into descend into such a bucket of s#it. Cannot begrudge him going back and trying to help fix it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back