Sheffield Shield Round 6: QLD v Tas @ 'Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

How bad is Boyce if he is behind Webster?
Webster's in the side as a bat. I guess they felt that they could get more out of 4 seamers than with Boyce in the side.

Oops. Well surely QLD have better spinners in their grade cricket?

To be fair to Flo, he is the next in the pecking order, but with Swepson having a lock on the spot until his Test call-up, there are mainly young blokes in the wings in premier cricket. No stand-outs, probably next best option would be Gold Coast left-arm spinner Matthew Kuhnemann (ex Aust U19s). There's a few kids a few people in premier cricket rate highly - Mitch Connolly (finger spinner I think) and Harry Wood who bats too. Maybe Michael Philipson (brother of Craig) who bowls offies might be an option as a short-term prospect. Fair point though - no obvious slow bowling candidate if Swepson isn't around.

Bulls set Tassie 352 to win with about 15 minutes to go today and a full day tomorrow. Truloff got an entertaining 44. Might pop in after junior cricket if it is still going tomorrow.

Tassie have really screwed up their squad with junk imports. Look, the talent is not going to be there locally to fill a full side but if you import, at least import some domestic standard cricketers.

Which senior players are out of favour at their state that they can target? You feel they should have went hard at Cam White last year. Maxwell is out of favour but I don't think he will follow Wade down somehow. Who else is around that would benefit from a move?

Tassie have really screwed up their squad with junk imports. Look, the talent is not going to be there locally to fill a full side but if you import, at least import some domestic standard cricketers.

Which senior players are out of favour at their state that they can target? You feel they should have went hard at Cam White last year. Maxwell is out of favour but I don't think he will follow Wade down somehow. Who else is around that would benefit from a move?

One has to feel that one of the WA quicks is going to be a good target especially if linked with a Hobart contract.

Paris, Behrendorff, Coulter-Nile, Mackin and Richardson plus of course Tye, Johnson and possibly Willey/Bresnan in Big Bash. While some of these players might be in contention for internationals if fit they're all in the boat that they're not first choice selections so if fit are more than likely going to be available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marsh said Webster is going to play for Australia one day..............

one down(Wright), one more to go(Dan Marsh). only then can we truly start the rebuild.

I know Wright got the arse from the Hurricanes but I thought he was still an assistant with the state side.

Agree with the sentiment though.

They have certainly lost their way.

I know Wright got the arse from the Hurricanes but I thought he was still an assistant with the state side.

Agree with the sentiment though.

They have certainly lost their way.
yeah, still an assistant. was referring to the fact he cant replaced at the canes. but Wright getting sacked is a good sign for changing the way things are done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back