Should ex club staffers and execs stop bagging us on social media?

Should ex club staffers and execs stop bagging us on social media?

• Yes

• No

• Jack Watts

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[EUGENE DELETED TWEET]

Heath and Eugene both made immense contributions post the 2007 Gold Coast near death experience.

But we didn't even make a grand final when these guys were at the club.

Is their constant sledging of our performances now damaging their legacy at the club?

I find it really hard to cop the idea that we should deliberately lose games from people who held such senior positions at our club, I really do.

Last edited:
View attachment 2000297

Heath and Eugene both made immense contributions post the 2007 Gold Coast near death experience.

Is their constant sledging of our performances now damaging their legacy at the club?

I find it really hard to cop the idea that we should deliberately lose games from people who held such senior positions at our club, I really do.

Yes. Heath used to have contempt for this place when he was on here yet he gets on twitter and posts like a regular Bigfooty nuffie.

Well, personally, couldn't give a flying f*ck about Heath's opinion. Outside this board, no one would even know they existed.....Arocca on the other hand, yep, lost a bit of respect over that comment.

It doesn't bother me what they post provided they're consistent and admit that the club has stood for nothing but on field mediocrity this century. But, yeah, the Reid stuff is the most mind numbing shit. How about letting everyone from that draft class actually develop before having an existential crisis?

View attachment 2000297

Very little respect for Heath. Was behind a fake twitter account of a very good friend of mine and just took the piss out of him on it.

Well, personally, couldn't give a flying f*ck about Heath's opinion. Outside this board, no one would even know they existed.....Arocca on the other hand, yep, lost a bit of respect over that comment.

It really begs the question that if he thinks we should have deliberately lost games for draft picks last year ... did we tank under his direction as CEO??????

And how far did that get us if we did?

It doesn't bother me what they post provided they're consistent and admit that the club has stood for nothing but on field mediocrity this century. But, yeah, the Reid stuff is the most mind numbing s**t. How about letting everyone from that draft class actually develop before having an existential crisis?

How about not shitcanning your old workplace in general?

Isn't that generally considered good form?

View attachment 2000297

They did their time they are as entitled as any of us to say what they think.

Probably should have packaged the 2/3 for Reid in IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can say what they want. Honestly, I'm shocked at how patient the footy world has been, countless debates on social media where neutrals have told other posters to pull their head in and there was a time not too long ago where it felt like any small club was at risk after a poor season. As far as times in history to implode go, we have really lucked out.

I'm sure people like Arocca will be first in line to congratulate the club when things turn around. Just like the roots of the horror run started in 2017, Clarkson is going to need a lot longer than one uninterrupted season to turn everything around.

While I'm here - I reckon this 'no one wants to come to North' narrative is getting way overcooked. Superstars sure but ask anyone wanting to get regular footy in the firsts what their criteria is, I'm pretty sure it won't be 'top teams or to wallow in the seconds please'.

How about not shitcanning your old workplace in general?

Isn't that generally considered good form?
I suppose, but I find the hypocrisy more annoying. I don't remember any of these people getting on their soapboxes when the late Scott years were clearly doing serious damage to the place.

Don't mind me, just trying to figure out why it's apparently acceptable to call out the footy twitter opinions of people no longer affiliated with the club and put them on blast publicly, but it's wholly inappropriate to criticise the CEO of a club that has taken a big backwards step financially and in terms of member satisfaction.

Calculating Zach Galifianakis GIF by filmeditor

JHF didn’t even have the balls to see out his rookie contract. **** the campaigner.

We have no chance of getting Reid if the Bulldogs don’t shit the bed.

We don’t **** up the interchange against the Swans we are no chance of getting Reid.

I think it is fair enough to have higher expectations than we clearly have now.
Good on them, this is the worst AFL side in living memory.
So I'm a no . Bag away they deserve it.

The only thing worse than old club legends who won multiple flags bagging the current mob, is old club admin who didn't even get us to a Grand Final etc etc

They aren’t wrong.

We ****ed up monumentally by winning that GC game last year.

We had the chance to have two generational talents in the side (JHF & Reid) and we completely ****ed the both of them.

Classic North.

It is one thing to say that here, but when you've made a career out of sports admin, advocating to deliberately lose demonstrates exceptionally poor judgement.

Don't mind me, just trying to figure out why it's apparently acceptable to call out the footy twitter opinions of people no longer affiliated with the club and put them on blast publicly,

Good on you for defending your mate, even if his mail to you hasn't been that reliable lately.

but it's wholly inappropriate to criticise the CEO of a club that has taken a big backwards step financially and in terms of member satisfaction.

Calculating Zach Galifianakis GIF by filmeditor

"Member satisfaction" Christ you're going to sook about those seats til the day you die.

But again, good on you for sticking up for your mate.

Yeah I love Euge but I feel that his vendetta with Eddie blinds his perspective. Also, the implication that if he was still CEO, he would have advocated tanking for Harley Reid is certainly not something he would want to put on his CV if another opportunity in the AFL comes up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back