Should ex club staffers and execs stop bagging us on social media?

Should ex club staffers and execs stop bagging us on social media?

• Yes

• No

• Jack Watts

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose, but I find the hypocrisy more annoying. I don't remember any of these people getting on their soapboxes when the late Scott years were clearly doing serious damage to the place.

Why do people blame the late Scott years?

The situation we’re in now is a direct result of the terrible people and list management post Scott. Shaw’s
treatment of Polek and Wood. Shaw’s breakdown. Brady’s shocking list management. The massive cull at the end of 2020. The appointment of Noble. The trading of experienced heads such as Higgins, Tarrant, Daw and Brown for little draft capital in return. Clarko’s inability to extract a level of intensity and effort from the group that is little better than VFL standard.

In the same way that people choose to downgrade the performances
of McKay and Horne-Francis at their new clubs, the labelling of Scott for blame on our current predicament wreaks of self-preservation.

What I do remember for most of the Scott years was a stable club, a competitive team that free agents wanted to come to, and a place where established players never left because they loved it. Certainly a much better world than the one we’re in at the moment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

The situation we’re in now is a direct result of the terrible people and list management post Scott. Shaw’s
treatment of Polek and Wood. Shaw’s breakdown. Brady’s shocking list management. The massive cull at the end of 2020. The appointment of Noble. The trading of experienced heads such as Higgins, Tarrant, Daw and Brown for little draft capital in return. Clarko’s inability to extract a level of intensity and effort from the group that is little better than VFL standard.

In the same way that people choose to downgrade the performances
of McKay and Horne-Francis at their new clubs, the labelling of Scott for blame on our current predicament wreaks of self-preservation.

What I do remember for most of the Scott years was a stable club, a competitive team that free agents wanted to come to, and a place where established players never left because they loved it. Certainly a much better world than the one we’re in at the moment.

I'm not entirely blaming the late Scott years for the predicament. It objectively contributed to the current mess, but those responsible for mistakes since then also share responsibility. And, yeah, the Scott years were stable; stable mediocrity, that is. The team was inconsistent and never achieved a legitimate top four finish during his entire tenure. The best we did was make a couple prelims from outside the top four before being shown that we were nothing but pretenders. And then of course we had the war chest strategy that made us look like beggars by failing to land big fish after big fish, only to end up with a handful of mercenaries and turbo spuds (which included the Polec trade, one of the worst in the history of the sport).

Who cares, Twitter, Tik Tok and the other e-coli infested rivers of sh!t is the domain of the sewer rat, it's hard to respect anyone who has an account.

Add in BigFooty tbh.

If we're going down tangents, if the siren blew half a second later in the Freo game, it's a free kick for deliberate out of bounds, they most likely score, we don't win the game, and we get Harley Reid. Ifs and buts.

100%.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall the club thinking 2 and 3 were overs and this MAYBE was the only deal that could have got Reid over the line. Let's assume for a moment that it was.

If that's right, and we get past all the stuff about tanking, then from the start of this season until twelve years from now Reid's output has to be greater than than of McKercher and Duursma combined for us to have chosen poorly.

We're only 4% through that timeline, the equivalent of seeing five minutes of a two hour movie.

I want to know why it took until getting Clarko for things to finally get some stability? What was the plan all along? Just hope? Hope ain't a tactic.

Player list and off field decisions have been rubbish. I'm a lot more sympathetic to the appointment of Shaw who had his first year as coach with less support staff than any other club, and the appointment of Noble under the mentorship of Roos which again I have no doubt looked like it was going to be the answer for a good part of the first year. It's impossible to pass judgement on those decisions without the wisdom of hindsight, on paper before they started there was reason to feel like we might have got it right. And neither coach got a really good run at it, Shaw in particular.

Because during a finals campaign - remember those - he delisted 1200 games of experience during a finals campaign, two days before getting on a plane to Adelaide. I don't know what amount of crack you have to smoke to think that getting rid of an entire group of popular veterans who just got you into finals is a smart idea, but that's what he did. Sure it was a club decision but he was front and centre and it looked an awful lot like he drove that outcome.

I recall at the time Scott explaining the players demanded an answer. Why wasn't that answer 'let's see how we go on Saturday, I'm no fan of culling a team that just made a prelim?'.

Later we then failed to get a big fish, replaced legends with journeymen and the rot set in. Culturally it set us back ten years.

Looks like Eugene has deleted his pro-tanking Tweet, terrible look for a former CEO.

I personally like it. It means Euge cares! He really cares.

Last edited:
I think it is fair enough to have higher expectations than we clearly have now.
Good on them, this is the worst AFL side in living memory.
So I'm a no . Bag away they deserve it.

Absolutely. Clearly they are still supporters and we can’t afford to lose any of those given the short, medium and possibly long term outlook.

Let’s get things straight.

Heath? Massive hypocrite.
Now that he’s not employed by the club he’s happy to jump on socials and criticise but when he was on the club pay roll he toed the company line.
We’ve won 2 of our last 14 games in Hobart you ******* but yeh loving all the finals we’ve been winning the last few years 👍🏼

The fact we havnt even played a final since he made that comment, sooked it up on here and deleted his account - goes to show the lack of credibility he has. Shut it.

I have no issues with Euge. He’s frustrated like no other and hates seeing where the clubs at.
He does needs to stop responding to Heaths Twitter posts like he’s making some sort of visionary and outstanding observations.
I’d love for Eugene to get back involved with the club in an offical capacity.

As for the current mob, I’m very much looking forward to Jenn Watts comments re the 2024 Profit and Loss report that’s released in October.
I truly believe she is a dud.
No shorts sponsor for the season.
Lost AIA as a sponsor on the eve of the season.
And now she’s scrambling and is monetising every means of access to the club for members.
Want to toss the coin? Pay up.
Want to line up in a guard of honor as the boys run out? Pay up.
Want to visit the rooms? Pay up.
Membership prices increasing? Pay up.

She’s operating like a leech and preying on member loyalty. I don’t like it. It’s not North and it kills the goodwill of the support we give to the club in the hope they just return the favour and do us proud on the football field. It feels like she doesn’t have any fresh ideas on how to build the commercial profile of the club, yet that was apparently the main reason why she got the nod. And she walked into the joint with zero debt. Pressures on JenJen.
Everything about the club feels transactional and it sucks.

Last edited:

Now that he’s not employed by the club he’s happy to jump on socials and criticise but when he was on the club pay roll he toed the company line.
We’ve lost 2 of our last 14 games in Hobart you ******* but yeh loving all the finals we’ve been winning the last few years 👍🏼

The fact we havnt even played a final since he made that comment, sooked it up on here and deleted his account - goes to show the lack of credibility he has. Shut it.

I have no issues with Euge. He’s frustrated like no other and hates seeing where the clubs at.
He does needs to stop responding to Heaths Twitter posts like he’s making some sort of visionary and outstanding observations.

As for the current mob, I’m very much looking forward to Jenn Watts comments re the 2024 Profit and Loss report that’s released in October.
And now she’s scrambling and is monetising every means of access to the club for members.

She’s operating like a leech and preying on member loyalty. I don’t like it. It’s not North and it kills the goodwill of the support we give to the club in the hope they just return the favour and do us proud on the football field. It feels like she doesn’t have any fresh ideas or how to built the commercial profile of the club, yet that was apparently the main reason why she got the nod. Pressures on JennJenn.

Yeah I’d like to know what Watt has brought to the club? It’s the CEO’s job to bring sponsors in…so we’ve lost AIA, no shorts sponsor….so we gouge members….there’s a function coming up…I thought that sounds good… then I saw the cost…

We’ve lost 2 of our last 14 games in Hobart you ******* but yeh loving all the finals we’ve been winning the last few years 👍🏼

She’s operating like a leech and preying on member loyalty. I don’t like it. It’s not North and it kills the goodwill of the support we give to the club in the hope they just return the favour and do us proud on the football field. It feels like she doesn’t have any fresh ideas or how to built the commercial profile of the club, yet that was apparently the main reason why she got the nod. Pressures on JennJenn.
orson welles applause GIF

Good on you for defending your mate, even if his mail to you hasn't been that reliable lately.

At least "my mates" seem to care about the club. I haven't heard Vladdy Putin say a peep about North???

"Member satisfaction" Christ you're going to sook about those seats til the day you die.
LOL ever since your hard-right heel turn you've really embraced conservative tactics. Your clumsy attempts at shaping the narrative are straight out of the Peta Credlin playbook. "It's a carbon tax!".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is fair enough to have higher expectations than we clearly have now.
Good on them, this is the worst AFL side in living memory.
So I'm a no . Bag away they deserve it.
Nah.

We're all nuffies on this Board and if you're inclined - go your hardest at the Club. No one takes any notice of BF anyway - nuffies aside.

But if you're a former administrator/ employee with a high profile - have awareness that what you say plays into a narrative about the Club.

Might surprise a few but there are forces out there that would relish the chance to be hammering nails into this Club - right now.

Get outta here with this common sense!

You're disrupting SLF's desperate narrative!

You sound exactly like a very well known former poster

100%.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall the club thinking 2 and 3 were overs and this MAYBE was the only deal that could have got Reid over the line. Let's assume for a moment that it was.

If that's right, and we get past all the stuff about tanking, then from the start of this season until twelve years from now Reid's output has to be greater than than of McKercher and Duursma combined for us to have chosen poorly.

We're only 4% through that timeline, the equivalent of seeing five minutes of a two hour movie.

Player list and off field decisions have been rubbish. I'm a lot more sympathetic to the appointment of Shaw who had his first year as coach with less support staff than any other club, and the appointment of Noble under the mentorship of Roos which again I have no doubt looked like it was going to be the answer for a good part of the first year. It's impossible to pass judgement on those decisions without the wisdom of hindsight, on paper before they started there was reason to feel like we might have got it right. And neither coach got a really good run at it, Shaw in particular.

Because during a finals campaign - remember those - he delisted 1200 games of experience during a finals campaign, two days before getting on a plane to Adelaide. I don't know what amount of crack you have to smoke to think that getting rid of an entire group of popular veterans who just got you into finals is a smart idea, but that's what he did. Sure it was a club decision but he was front and centre and it looked an awful lot like he drove that outcome.

I recall at the time Scott explaining the players demanded an answer. Why wasn't that answer 'let's see how we go on Saturday, I'm no fan of culling a team that just made a prelim?'.

Later we then failed to get a big fish, replaced legends with journeymen and the rot set in. Culturally it set us back ten years.

I personally like it. It means Euge cares! He really cares.

The bolded part was why I was happy for all four of them to be delisted. They put themselves before the team during the most important part the season. Although IIRC it was Harvey and Dal Santo who were the ones really pushing the point.

And let's be frank, Harvey was one of the worst defensive runners in the team by that stage.

Scott's biggest fault was that he could not bring himself to drop senior players. Remember Petrie's last season with us - took Scott approximately 20 games to work out that maybe Petrie was out of form.

Last edited:
They can say what they want, its their opinion. There’s no bones about it, we’re a rabble.

Nah, that's not a justification:

So a former CEO who hasn’t been in the role for more than a decade should take some of the blame for our predicament, yet the current CEO who’s been in the role for 18 months should take none…..

Wait until you hear where Eugene moved my seats for multiple home games lol.

Interestingly, I didn't call Marc McGowan and have a big sook about it either.

EVEN THOUGH EUGENE LIED TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

North Melbourne chief executive Eugene Arocca has refuted reports a deal has been done which would see the Kangaroos play up to four home games a season at Bellerive Oval from 2012.

“There is no deal. We haven’t sat down with anyone from Tasmania about a deal,” Arocca said.

Nah, that's not a justification:

This was a great article. Why I love BF during this miserable season!!

This was a great article. Why I love BF during this miserable season!!

That website was pretty good up until 2011.
Took a big and noticeable dip for a couple of years, but started bouncing back around late 2013.

That website was pretty good up until 2011.
Took a big and noticeable dip for a couple of years, but started bouncing back around late 2013.

It started in 2011 lol but its appreciated you're working your little hole off to try and get this thread locked to protect your mate's blushes.

As it is, given Eugene deleted the tweet I quoted, I've deleted my screenshot too - the classy thing to do.

Flawed Genius Twinkletoes King Corey The Filth Wizard - up to you if you want to lock this thread, doubt is going anywhere good and as I said, given Euge deleted his most egregious tweet it seems he's got the point to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back