• I need more time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Very true but… it’s Geelong in Geelong.
And yet it just has to be done. I don't give us any chance whatsoever if we don't do it. Conversely, if we do do it, I give us a chance.

Had a sneaky look at the long range forecast. Rain. I think that would help us. And I'd play Sweet, West and Macrae at stoppages in those conditions along with Bont and Libba (if fit) and turn it into an absolute channel surfing (this is the worst viewing, lowest scoring, Swans 2005 on steroids game all year) grind.

I'd also bring in McLean so that we can have Sweet, Bont, Libba, Macrae, West and McLean plus Treloar I guess rotating through stoppages and just grind, grind, grind them into their alluvial dirt.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a few years ago, I cannot remember which team, but they kept cutting back to the players watching the TV hoping the result would go their way, and they make finals. Imagine having to go through two games of emotions next weekend.

Just last year we had to beat Hawthorn last round (did) then needed Pies to beat Carlton straight after us. Carlton was winning all game until the pies overran than them in the last (Carlton ended 9th lol).

Saints is really the biggest game for us. The Cats can't make it if they lose tonight so we'd play a (probably) deflated Cats next week giving us our best shot at them .... almost ever. Plus I think we need to beat them down there anyway as a unifying launching pad and catalyst. It's the sort of monkey off the back watershed event that could break the shackles we've been locked in all year.

Our best chance was last time we played them without their midfield and at Marcel

Could not get it done then wouldn’t hold out hope we get it done at the cattery even with cats playing for zilch

It was obviously coming wasn’t it. For the first time in 4 or 5 seasons I did not genuinely care to watch our game live. Just knew we’d drop it, so organized a nice Sunday lunch instead.

What a better way to thank your members in a game the club has dedicated to saying thanks to members than beating West Coast to secure a top 8.

We lack integrity as a side.

Last edited:
If the saints v cats and swans v crows scores keep going the cats and crows are out of it f we beat the eagles. Then we make it by beating the cats at the cattery a mission impossible for the dogs even if they have nothing to play for. Bevo is clueless against Scott. So we would need the blues to beat GWS in last game of the round. The blues may have a home final sewn up by then and will not be concerned by loss and give us payback for last season.

Even though we will be the easy beats of the 8 finals teams I would still prefer to make it.

Ladder (not live, just completed games) not looking great atm, especially with trend in 2 live games. I know we're yet to play, plus there's the whole of the final round, but I'd rather be safely ensconced in the 8 at this point of the season. However, I am a Bulldogs supporter.... 🤪

Ladder (not live, just completed games) not looking great atm, especially with trend in 2 live games. I know we're yet to play, plus there's the whole of the final round, but I'd rather be safely ensconced in the 8 at this point of the season. However, I am a Bulldogs supporter.... 🤪
At least we’d be a chance in the night series cup. Got a pretty good record there 😉

If we beat WCE tomorrow, the Cats cannot make the finals.

If it comes down to it and we cannot beat the Cats that have nothing to play for in the final round, we don’t deserve finals. In fact, we probably don’t deserve finals regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it comes down to it and we cannot beat the Cats that have nothing to play for in the final round, we don’t deserve finals. In fact, we probably don’t deserve finals regardless.
Cats already can't make finals. 6 points behind current 8th spot. They're done.

The Cats will have plenty to play for. Unlike us, they actually have some degree of pride. And given that they can't make finals anymore, keeping us out of finals would be a decent consolation prize in their eyes.

The Cats will have plenty to play for. Unlike us, they actually have some degree of pride. And given that they can't make finals anymore, keeping us out of finals would be a decent consolation prize in their eyes.
The Cats played without a lot of pride last night with a few of their ageing stars looking just like that, ageing.

They’ll probably have no ruckman next week, along with injuries to Esava & Close from last night. Duncan should get a week for a sling tackle as well.

Hawks v Dees is a massive game today. If, Dog willing, the Hawks win, Carlton will go into next week with a very good reason to beat GWS ... top 4 if Sydney beat Melbourne also.

It will be over for one of Sydney or GWS if we win on Saturday night. Sydney will have to beat Melbourne to guarantee finals but Melbourne will want to win to keep their top 4 spot. Carlton will be barracking for Sydney because if Sydney win they will make top 4 by beating GWS. GWS will be barracking for Melbourne because they can take top 4 off the table for Carlton.

All of them will be barracking for the Cats next Saturday night.

We and Carlton are barracking for the Hawks today. Sydney and GWS are barracking for Melbourne.

Clear as mud.

As a matter of little interest, 54% of us wrongly thought the kitty's would make finals, 1/3 of us were right and 12% of us didn't give a sh1t.

I do find these statistics very interesting. I fall into the 12% category. The only stat I want to know is can we win both games and make finals? Or could we win both games and still miss out. When you try the mud pack NW put some tea bags over the eyes it's very refreshing.

The Cats played without a lot of pride last night with a few of their ageing stars looking just like that, ageing.

They’ll probably have no ruckman next week, along with injuries to Esava & Close from last night. Duncan should get a week for a sling tackle as well.

Just a reminder they had their midfield missing last time we played them at Marvel and we know what happened.

Geelong as a team have integrity and pride and that will make sure they roll up next week to do what they usually do to us.

The only point of contention is who get 3 votes Dangerfield or Stewart

It should have never gotten to this.

Last edited:
Back