Show us your team

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah mate, they all came to the club making their name in their respective competitions as resting forward pockets. Nev loved those type of blokes.

Plus with the rotations these days we need 4 resting forward pockets, 1 pocket each side and 2 forward pockets on the bench for rotations.

And I dont understand who you are calling crap, can you put names next to each of these numbers? Is 2 and 4, Campbell and Adams, 1 is Ross and 3 Thomas? Is that what you are saying?

1) is a fp and very short and newish
2) is a resting fp and very short and coming off an injury
3) is a fp and very short and shit
4) is a resting fp very short and coming off an injury
Thomas does 1 good thing per match or receives 1 handball over the top.
Why keep him in the side, when he has played terribly and showed a heap of softness.
Especially when Ross could easily take his spot with an upside of working his way into the midfield.
Cambo can play midfield, but does his best work as a crumber.
Adams can play midfield but bringing him in surrounded by a heap of small forward types is putting a lot of pressure on him.
Garlett on the other hand.
Boomer out gives us the chance to give the other dwarfs a run, but jeepers why play them all at once when LT clearly needs to be dropped.

Thomas does 1 good thing per match or receives 1 handball over the top.
Why keep him in the side, when he has played terribly and showed a heap of softness.
Especially when Ross could easily take his spot with an upside of working his way into the midfield.
Cambo can play midfield, but does his best work as a crumber.
Adams can play midfield but bringing him in surrounded by a heap of small forward types is putting a lot of pressure on him.
Garlett on the other hand.
Boomer out gives us the chance to give the other dwarfs a run, but jeepers why play them all at once when LT clearly needs to be dropped.
So you would bring in Garlett for Thomas? Or Garlett for Adams? And who for Thomas? Where's ya team? I cant find it? Too hard is it?

Ross and Adams are definitely midfielders that can go forward rather than the other way around. no reason to play Campbell at all if he is not 100% - would be doing noone a favour if he came back a week too early and his hammy went twang. Garlett should be elevated right now and banged in the guts on saturday. Thomas is out of form, but if you play Smith, Edwards and Warren there will be a heap more contests and in turn a heap more crumbs.
the 1 good thing per match that Thomas does is 1 more good thing than Hale.

Ross and Adams are definitely midfielders that can go forward rather than the other way around. no reason to play Campbell at all if he is not 100% - would be doing noone a favour if he came back a week too early and his hammy went twang. Garlett should be elevated right now and banged in the guts on saturday. Thomas is out of form, but if you play Smith, Edwards and Warren there will be a heap more contests and in turn a heap more crumbs.
the 1 good thing per match that Thomas does is 1 more good thing than Hale.
Spot on, with everything other than Garlett. Want to see him wait a week before elevating him. Form was good in the pre-season but has missed a bit of footy so I would want to be sure he is right (fitness and form) after an injury before elevating him. No use elevating an injured or out of form player, would be a waste of a promotion (and im figuring it will cost the club more to promote him through paying him AFL senior incentives rather than just a rookie spot?? just guessing here).

Spot on again rickety you are on fire mate.

Bag LT out all u want but the sad truth is that he has been our 2nd best forward behind Edwards this year.

1) Bring back Flash
2) Flick Thomas
3) Get Ross settled in the side
4) Give Adams a run
5) Give Garlett a run
So you would bring in Campbell, Ross, Adams, Garlett?

And drop Thomas? And who else?

And you dont want too many short people cause we arent a circus? But you want to bring in 4 of them, even though the only difference between me and you is to keep the taller shit lazy diving midget in, and you want to bring in an unproven rookie midget coming off a 5 week injury after his cracking game on the weekend?

So you would bring in Campbell, Ross, Adams, Garlett?

And drop Thomas? And who else?

And you dont want too many short people cause we arent a circus? But you want to bring in 4 of them, even though the only difference between me and you is to keep the taller shit lazy diving midget in, and you want to bring in an unproven rookie midget coming off a 5 week injury after his cracking game on the weekend?
Is that you DR? I wouldnt be playing Adams or Garlett yet, not sure how you missed that?

Yea see I think what rippednew1 is saying is that he wants to play Ross, Campbell, Adams and Garlett but it would be crazy to play Ross, Campbell, Adams and Thomas because we would be a circus and have too many small blokes.

Yea see I think what rippednew1 is saying is that he wants to play Ross, Campbell, Adams and Garlett but it would be crazy to play Ross, Campbell, Adams and Thomas because we would be a circus and have too many small blokes.
Spot on again __aria__ you are on fire mate.

Spot on, with everything other than Garlett. Want to see him wait a week before elevating him. Form was good in the pre-season but has missed a bit of footy so I would want to be sure he is right (fitness and form) after an injury before elevating him. No use elevating an injured or out of form player, would be a waste of a promotion (and im figuring it will cost the club more to promote him through paying him AFL senior incentives rather than just a rookie spot?? just guessing here).

i see your point, but i would bang him straight in. has missed some footy but i am thinking that he played last weekend, so he would have 1 game under his belt. also he is young so that coupled with the excitement of playing his 1st AFL game would have him up and about anyway. it would also be good reward for his preseason.
i would also throw in Benjamin on a wing. it means that the limelight is shared and the pressure halved. it would be some much needed genuine good press, as opposed to "i saw him in the hallway and we are all hunky dorey".
otherwise, its the same old same old and we kick our 10 goals and everyone says how bad we are and nothing has changed. play these blokes, get some flair, some excitement, some youthful endeavour, some run and just maybe we will be able to get excited about going to the football again

Given this list of guys:

Adams, Benjamin, Campbell, Edwards, Firrito, Gibson, Goldstein, Greenwood, Grima, Hale, Harding, Harris, Jones, Lower, McIntosh, McMahon, O'Keefe, Petrie, Power, Rawlings, Riggio, Ross, Simpson, Smith, Swallow, Thomas, Thompson, Urquhart, Warren, Watt, Wright, Wundke, Ziebell

Which 22 plus emergencies (Campbell still not 100%) would you select to play this weekend.

Here are our opponents. I named Josh Carr and replaced him with Lower on the emergencies in place of Hartlett who has a 2 week hammy.

PORT ADELAIDE
B: Michael Pettigrew, Alipate Carlile, Jacob Surjan
HB: Nathan Krakouer, Troy Chaplin, Dom Cassisi
C: Travis Boak, Chad Cornes, Steven Salopek
HF: Robert Gray, Warren Tredrea, Josh Carr
F: Brett Ebert, Brendon Lade, Daniel Motlop
Foll: Dean Brogan, Kane Cornes, Danyle Pearce
Int: David Rodan, Peter Burgoyne, Tom Logan, Matt Thomas
Emg: Nick Lower, Matt Westhoff, Toby Thurstans

I'd elevate Obst for Harvey, would give him a good 2 to 3 months to have a good look at him.

Forward-

Michael Pettigrew 192/88 -> Aaron Edwards 184/92 (CHF)
Alipate Carlile 192/98 -> David Hale 201/103 (FF)
Jacob Surjan 180/83 -> Ben Warren 186/85
Nathan Krakouer 182/78 -> Lindsay Thomas 181/79 (might also try Ross or Adams, would only definitely keep him if Campbell not available)
Troy Chaplin 196/100 -> Matt Campbell 174/69 (Chaplin likely to get benched for Burgoyne)
Dom Cassisi 184/85 -> Scott McMahon 184/87

Half forward line of Warren/Edwards/McMahon. Would want to see Warren and McMahon play VERY wide and push outside forward 50 so their players can't get into the corridor. Start about 40m out near the boundry and lead out to the wing when we have possession, then push back hard into forward 50 so we are running into space and they can see if a key forward is leading to their flank and they can protect the space rather than draw their man to the contest.

They like to play with 3 tall defenders, put in one tall forward who none of them are really suited for in Hale (other than maybe Chaplin) at the top of the goal square and go with a mobile forward line. Note: This means no stupid bombing into the forward 50, will have to put it out in front of blokes other than when we go long and fast to Hale.

If Plan A doesn't work, Petrie or McIntosh can be used as another key forward and Goldstein can ruck. Petrie can also be used forward if Lade/Bogan goes to the bench rather than go forward.

Back-

Robert Gray 184/88 -> Sam Power 190/85 (I'd play Wells if he was available and push Greenwood back here)
Warren Tredrea 194/96 -> Alan Obst 192ish/nfi (can also try Grima)
Josh Carr 179/80 -> Leigh Harding 181/84 (likely to swap with Rodan, key forward #3 against us)
Brett Ebert 179/89 -> Josh Gibson 189/92 (key forward #2 against us)
Brendon Lade 199/102 -> Drew Petrie 197/105
Daniel Motlop 185/93 -> Scott Thompson 190/85 (key forward #1 against us)

Midfield-

Travis Boak 183/82 -> Gavin Urquhart 181/83
Chad Cornes 192/95 -> Michael Firrito 190/96
Steven Salopek 184/86 -> Adam Simpson 185/86
Dean Bogan 200/101 -> Hamish McIntosh 203/107
Kane Cornes 183/83 -> Jack Ziebell 188/86
Danyle Pearce 179/77 -> Andrew Swallow 183/78

Nobody tagging or playing negative. Go get the ball and beat your direct opponent. If someone is on fire we can bring on the glove or switch up some matchups. Focus on getting the pull, doing some 1%ers in the middle. Block, shephard, etc. Run in numbers, bounce and carry the ball and play direct, use the corridor. If they have numbers in the corridor then just play stoppages and take them on. If McIntosh is putting the ball down Power players sub him off right away for Goldy.

Bench-

David Rodan 172/84 (midfield/forward)
Peter Burgoyne 183/84 (defender/midfield)
Tom Logan 183/80 (defender)
Matt Thomas 184/88 (defender)

Todd Goldstein 201/105 (ruck)
Levi Greenwood 181/92 (midfield/defender) (spare parts)
Brady Rawlings 184/82 (midfield) (switch with Simpson or Power)
Daniel Harris 180/82 (midfield) (switch with Firrito, Ziebell or Swallow)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U think Troy Chaplin will play on Matt Campbell did I read that right?

No, that is where the OP listed him to play in defence, and he would play CHB if we put a big guy up forward. However, I don't really have a good matchup which is why I have the comment there.

Sorry mate, I forgot to attach.

F:Warren, Smith, Campbell
B: Pettigrew, Carlile, Surjan
HF:Adams, Edwards, Thomas
HB: Krakouer, Chaplin, Cassisi
C: McMahon, Swallow, Rawlings
C: Boak, Cornes, Salopek
HB: Firrito, Thompson, Urquhart
HF: Gray, Tredrea, Carr
B: Gibson, Petrie, Harding
F: Ebert, Lade, Motlop
Foll: McIntosh, Zeibell, Ross
Foll: Brogan, Cornes, Pearce
Int: Goldstein, Harris, Simpson, Riggio
Int: Rodan, Burgoyne, Logan, Thomas
Emg:Jones, Wright, Greenwood
Emg: Lower, Westhoff, Thurstans

Thanks Mate.

Therefore the Ins are J Smith, Campbell, Adams, Ross, Goldy, Riggio
and the Outs are Hale, Power, Watt, Greenwood, Pratt (inj), Lower

Not bad.:thumbsu:

In: Adams, Wells, Grima, Ross, Obst/Wundke
Out: Thomas, Watt, Power, Pratt, Lower

B:Gibson, Thompson, Harding
HB:Greenwood, Petrie, Firrito
C: Ziebell, Urquhart, Harris
HF:Ross, Edwards, Mcmahon
F:Warren, Hale, Obst
R:Macintosh, Swallow, Simpson

I:Wells, Grima, Rawlings, Adams

B- Scott Thompson Nathan Grima Josh Gibson
HB- Michael Firrito Drew Petrie Daniel Wells

C- Leigh Harding Daniel Harris Gavin Urquhart

HF-Ben Warren Aaron Edwards Scott McMahon
F- Matt Campbell David Hale Ben Ross

R- Hamish McIntosh Adam Simpson Jack Ziebell

INT- Brady Rawlings, Ed Lower, Andrew Swallow, Levi Greenwood
EMER- Corey Jones, Todd Goldstein, Leigh Adams

IN- Nathan Grima, Daniel Wells, Matt Campbell, Ben Ross
OUT-Daniel Pratt, Lindsay Thomas, Sam Power, Shannon Watt

Lower gets another chance for the Port game, as long as Power and Watt get flicked.
Our new found brainstorm of positivity and contract gives Hale another crack, as long as the half forwards create space for him.
Drew to CHB to help Grima settle in and get him away from the goals for the moment.
Brady to start on the pine.
McMahon to be given 2 weeks at HF.
Greenwood to spend first 5 minutes on pine, he struggled with a gear last week, ease him in and he will dominate.

B- Scott Thompson Nathan Grima Josh Gibson
HB- Michael Firrito Drew Petrie Daniel Wells

C- Leigh Harding Daniel Harris Gavin Urquhart

HF-Ben Warren Aaron Edwards Scott McMahon
F- Matt Campbell David Hale Ben Ross

R- Hamish McIntosh Adam Simpson Jack Ziebell

INT- Brady Rawlings, Ed Lower, Andrew Swallow, Levi Greenwood
EMER- Corey Jones, Todd Goldstein, Leigh Adams

IN- Nathan Grima, Daniel Wells, Matt Campbell, Ben Ross
OUT-Daniel Pratt, Lindsay Thomas, Sam Power, Shannon Watt

Lower gets another chance for the Port game, as long as Power and Watt get flicked.
Our new found brainstorm of positivity and contract gives Hale another crack, as long as the half forwards create space for him.
Drew to CHB to help Grima settle in and get him away from the goals for the moment.
Brady to start on the pine.
McMahon to be given 2 weeks at HF.
Greenwood to spend first 5 minutes on pine, he struggled with a gear last week, ease him in and he will dominate.
Just interested, do you think Grima should take the full forward regardless who plays there (Lade, Tredrea, Ebert, Motlop etc) or be brought in to play on someone in particular?

And Hale in but Thomas out. I thought Thomas had been going better than Hale this year, surely if Thomas goes, Hale must go as well?

Just interested, do you think Grima should take the full forward regardless who plays there (Lade, Tredrea, Ebert, Motlop etc) or be brought in to play on someone in particular?

And Hale in but Thomas out. I thought Thomas had been going better than Hale this year, surely if Thomas goes, Hale must go as well?

Hale has been poor this year. BUT, he has been played completely out of position and our structure around him in the forward line and in the middle has been dog's balls. He plays really well when we a)he is left in the square one on one and b)when we actually kick the ball to him. Laidley's idea that playing Hale in the ruck or even across CHF is a joke. Hale is good, but needs to play in the right position. Thomas on the other hand, has been just down right woeful and needs to earn his place in the side (and don't go on about him kicking 30 something goals in his second year, it has passed and at the moment it is well in the past). I believe will be great, he just needs to earn it and mature a bit.

Hale has been poor this year. BUT, he has been played completely out of position and our structure around him in the forward line and in the middle has been dog's balls. He plays really well when we a)he is left in the square one on one and b)when we actually kick the ball to him. Laidley's idea that playing Hale in the ruck or even across CHF is a joke. Hale is good, but needs to play in the right position. Thomas on the other hand, has been just down right woeful and needs to earn his place in the side (and don't go on about him kicking 30 something goals in his second year, it has passed and at the moment it is well in the past). I believe will be great, he just needs to earn it and mature a bit.
Im not going to argue as its hard to make a case for either of them on this years form, but if i remember correctly, Hale was only taken out of the square and put in the ruck when laidley realised that he was being spoiled and even outmarked on occasion, one on one against smaller opponents. That doesnt excuse Thomas poor form but I think he plays better with Campbell in the team. Not sure why that should matter to a professional footballer, but in this case its true.

Just wanted to know why rippednew1 would be so damning of thomas but not hale.

F:Warren, Smith, Campbell
HF:Adams, Edwards, Thomas

C: McMahon, Swallow, Rawlings

HB: Firrito, Thompson, Urquhart
B: Gibson, Petrie, Harding

Foll: McIntosh, Zeibell, Ross

Int: Goldstein, Harris, Simpson, Riggio
Emg:Jones, Wright, Greenwood

Surely you are taking the piss Urmoe?

Out: Greenwood, Watt, Pratt, Hale, Lower, Power
In: Josh Smith, Ross, Adams, Cambell, Riggio, Goldy

You talk about dropping Hale then dish up your forward line? May work in the future but would be suicide for now.
Backline sucks balls too.
Had enough of Greenwood?
A lot of Laidleyisms about your effort? Any reason for that?

B: Gibson, Thompson, Jones
HB: Firrito, Petrie, McMahon
MID: Harding, Simpson, Urquhart
HF: Lower, Smith, Edwards
FF: Thomas, Hale, Campbell

Rucks: McIntosh, Swallow, Ziebell

INT: Harris, Warren, Ross, Rawlings

EMG: Greenwood, Adams, Grima

If Campbell out - Ross goes in the pocket and Adams comes in.

CJ to find some touch in the backline - make him play on someone like Ebert or something, just make him run hard and tackle, get him in amongst the action.

Rawlings purely tag someone. Lower to play as an attacking half forward flankerand with Edwards, push wide to give some space to Hale and for the crumbers to do their job.

Smith to constantly lead down the corridor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back