Side banner/skin ads issues

Remove this Banner Ad

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe I'm the only one that uses it but the 'Change Width' function is absolutely wrecked by these ads. Apart from making it impossible to slyly use BigFooty at work, they cover the content, and when you try to undo the Change Width function, you can no longer get to it.

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

Any chance you could re-think using these?

Using Firefox, cos that's what we have to use at work.

Yep, got the Foxtel one as well. Also on a tablet with Chrome.

I usually don't like complaining about ads (seeing that Premium is available) but this one blocks parts of posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting it only on iPad. When I view on desktop I don't get them. They wouldn't bother me much on desktop because they wouldn't block my view of anything. They make the forum unuseable on iPad, though.

I'll make you a deal (which does not require your agreement) Chief if I go 6 months without seeing any advertising content that makes me want to tear my hair out or is some kind of scam I will buy 12 months of premium.

I'm getting it only on iPad. When I view on desktop I don't get them. They wouldn't bother me much on desktop because they wouldn't block my view of anything. They make the forum unuseable on iPad, though.

I'll make you a deal (which does not require your agreement) Chief if I go 6 months without seeing any advertising content that makes me want to tear my hair out or is some kind of scam I will buy 12 months of premium.
If you buy 12 months of premium you won't get any ads of any sort.

If you buy 12 months of premium you won't get any ads of any sort.

I know - I’ve bought premium in the past. As a matter of principle I won’t buy it while those sorts of ads are present. I'm not suggesting your intent is to introduce invasive or malicious ads in order to get people to go premium, but buying it while those ads are present would seem to be promoting such a model. Whereas this has the opposite effect.

I know - I’ve bought premium in the past. As a matter of principle I won’t buy it while those sorts of ads are present. I'm not suggesting your intent is to introduce invasive or malicious ads in order to get people to go premium, but buying it while those ads are present would seem to be promoting such a model. Whereas this has the opposite effect.
LOL :) OK no worries.

We're getting these sorted out anyway.

Have you seen any today?

Have you seen any today?

I'll let you know when I use my iPad next. Not getting them on desktop (but wasn't before, so that's not all that useful).

Update: on iPad now - the ads are gone. The 6 months is now ticking as of March 13.

Update 24/3 - timer is reset. Got a scam ad 😔

Last edited:
Not really forum upgrade I don't think but these Disney ads are horrendous. You can scroll and they hold their spot but move up and then quote/reply etc is all out of wack. I've only got this on one page I've got open out of six.

Edit: Refresh of a page fixes it, just not an ad you want showing.

Not really forum upgrade I don't think but these Disney ads are horrendous. You can scroll and they hold their spot but move up and then quote/reply etc is all out of wack. I've only got this on one page I've got open out of six.

Edit: Refresh of a page fixes it, just not an ad you want showing.
Yes the skin ads are causing issues. This has been reported.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back