Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (6) released 30/4

Long Term (1) :
• R15 Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (4) :
• R12-14 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-6 weeks (No change)
• R12-14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 4-6 weeks (Was 5-7 weeks)
• R12-13 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 4-5 weeks (Was 6 weeks)
• R11-12 Matt Flynn (Knee) - 3-4 weeks (Was 4-5 weeks)

Short Term (1) :
• R9-10 Zane Trew (Concussion) - 1-2 weeks (New)

Noah Long wasn’t named on last week’s injury list but didn’t play against Gold Coast due to a hip pointer. He is expected to be available this week.

Six years older than they were three years ago.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

It's snuck up on us a bit, but easy to forget it's now been over a year since Liam Ryan played a game of football.

By the time he makes his return on Sunday, it'll have been 378 days since his initial hamstring tear in that calamitous derby in Round 3 last year. A longer period out than what Culley had to go through with his ACL recovery.

Several surgeries later, this will be a significant milestone for him. Can't have been an easy 12 months for a guy who notoriously isn't a fan of just running around at training, and just wants to get out there and play footy.

Who knows whether he'll ever get back to his best now, though raw talent and ability like he has isn't something that just disappears with time on the sidelines. Hopefully he gets a consistent run at it now and we can get him firing again for the rest of the season
He needs to be told not to fly for hangars

I was thinking it would be good if Ryan stayed down and become a crumber. He'll still be good above his head on the lead. Just dont need him trying to sit on peoples heads and getting injured.

I heard papa tell mama
"Let that boy boogie-woogie
It's in him, and it got to come out"
And I felt so good
And I went on boogie'n just the same

John Lee Hooker

I heard papa tell mama
"Let that boy boogie-woogie
It's in him, and it got to come out"
And I felt so good
And I went on boogie'n just the same

John Lee Hooker

I hear that.
Does the next verse go onto describe how long the boy sat on the sidelines due to boogie-woogie related injuries?

It's hard to post on this thread without worrying about summoning some bad juju, but I am impressed by our injury management this year. Players seem to be back at training straight away, even if it's just running laps. There were a few subtle digs at the previous S&C team from Yeo and Cole, hinting at mismanagement or wrong training loads, so we may have got on top of it. touches wood.
It looks like the team selection is geared towards as few changes as possible each week and having a decent list in the wafl means players fighting for spots. Bodes well.
touches wood again.

It's hard to post on this thread without worrying about summoning some bad juju, but I am impressed by our injury management this year. Players seem to be back at training straight away, even if it's just running laps. There were a few subtle digs at the previous S&C team from Yeo and Cole, hinting at mismanagement or wrong training loads, so we may have got on top of it. touches wood.
It looks like the team selection is geared towards as few changes as possible each week and having a decent list in the wafl means players fighting for spots. Bodes well.
touches wood again.
I think the new fitness boss knows what he's doing and knows the AFL standards, he mentioned a couple a weeks ago we were only a couple of weeks behind other clubs I believe in our fitness levels, I have a feeling we'll see these fellas start running out full quarters very soon and hopefully we'll stop some of the red time goals we regularly concede. That could be a 5-6 goal improvement per game, fingers crossed we get to that point soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone pick up on the latest ep of schocial media that Sheed said he had a fracture in his foot that wont heal, they just have to manage the bone stress.
Yep - I was shocked how nonchalant he was, but I think that's the reality for a lot of players. I'm sure it would heal, but not in timeframes acceptable for an elite athlete.

Gavin Bell said that Archer Reid and Burgiel should be available this weekend with the usual getting through main training this week disclaimer

Hopefully they do because the WAFL side has a bye the following weekend

He also mentioned Culley tweaked his ankle against East Fremantle although it didn’t sound too serious

Gavin Bell said that Archer Reid and Burgiel should be available this weekend with the usual getting through main training this week disclaimer

He also mentioned Culley tweaked his ankle against East Fremantle although it didn’t sound too serious
looking forward to this game

Looking forward to his return in 2025 after season ending surgery.

i walked past Culley just before half time at optus stadium and he looked proppy.

Yep - I was shocked how nonchalant he was, but I think that's the reality for a lot of players. I'm sure it would heal, but not in timeframes acceptable for an elite athlete.
Probably mainly content about already having won a flag.
He knows he's on the outer and there's not much more for him to achieve after his 2018 exploits.

Burgiel and the other Reid set to play for the Beagles

Sounds like Jamieson is out for at least this week

And no Luke Edwards obviously due to concussion

Burgiel and the other Reid set to play for the Beagles

Sounds like Jamieson is out for at least this week

And no Luke Edwards obviously due to concussion

There goes my theory that Jamieson’s hammy was the equivalent of “general soreness”.

Bazzo’s gone backwards which is annoying.

Official injury list (6) released 16/4

Long Term (2) :
• R15 Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)
• R12-14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 6-8 weeks (Was 7-8 weeks)

Medium Term (2) :
• R11-12 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 5-6 weeks (No change)
• R10-11 Matt Flynn (Knee) - 4-5 weeks (Was 5-6 weeks)

Short Term (2) :
• ??? Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - TBC (New)
• R7 Luke Edwards (Concussion) - 1 week (New)

Archer Reid (Knee) and Coby Burgiel (Appendix) are available and have been removed from the injury list

Harry Edwards will also return from his one match WAFL suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back