Multiplat Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Last Save was more than 15min ago...vale lydia.

I remember losing a lot of time loading previous saves just to get Lydia back. I was so whipped but she was an essential part of the game, plus, I think she had a lot of s**t on her.

After Lydia died and I left her as a pile of ash for the sake of not wasting 15min reloading, I just went to the Whiterun Pub and grabbed Uthgerd the Unbroken to carry my s**t.

She's ugly as sin but she'll do as a meat shield until my spellcasting is strong enough

Uthgerd has better default armour anyway. I use Lydia as the steward for my lakeside house

Took the plunge on this. Must say the visuals aren't that much better. While the res is higher and frame rate smoother than previous gen, even on PS4 there's some pretty blurry textures up close.

Love the game and will always be a favourite, but this could've looked better.

Last edited:
Hey fellas.

If buying this for the first time, is it worth going the remastered one over the original?

Have doubts whether my comp will be overly good at running the remastered version.
I don't think it will make too much of a difference mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've spent all my money on building a house and it doesn't even have furniture yet. Goddam baby boomers
I want to buy a house but keep spending too much money at the ye olde fish market, plus paying a bard to sing the same song over and over

After Lydia died and I left her as a pile of ash for the sake of not wasting 15min reloading, I just went to the Whiterun Pub and grabbed Uthgerd the Unbroken to carry my s**t.

She's ugly as sin but she'll do as a meat shield until my spellcasting is strong enough

It's a sly dirty joke, isn't it? 'Unbroken' in this context means virgin, yeah? She's never gotten laid? Hasn't been broken in? Nobody's rooted her? No-one's felt the need to penis her vagina?

Massive bump to see if anyone is still playing this?

I poured so many hours into the game on my PS3 before I upgraded to a PS4, and really only got halfway through the main storyline after getting sidetracked with what seemed like an endless number of side quests.

I've suddenly had a random urge to pick this game up for PS4 with the intention to mainly finish the main storyline, and use any extra time/motivation I have to complete side quests (that is, if this still possible after finishing the main story?) The special edition is around $39 or so at JB.

The funny and ironic thing is, by the time I get so deep into it, no doubt an upgrade to a PS5 will be due. History repeating itself in a sense! Haha!

Massive bump to see if anyone is still playing this?

I poured so many hours into the game on my PS3 before I upgraded to a PS4, and really only got halfway through the main storyline after getting sidetracked with what seemed like an endless number of side quests.

I've suddenly had a random urge to pick this game up for PS4 with the intention to mainly finish the main storyline, and use any extra time/motivation I have to complete side quests (that is, if this still possible after finishing the main story?) The special edition is around $39 or so at JB.

The funny and ironic thing is, by the time I get so deep into it, no doubt an upgrade to a PS5 will be due. History repeating itself in a sense! Haha!

I haven't played it for a couple of years but I have actually been thinking about another playthrough.

I finally managed to put it aside a few months ago but I played it on and off for years without ever getting all that far in the main quest. I'm a compulsive restarter with games like this always wanting to try an different build, which is especially dumb in Skyrim where you really can change tact or play them anyway you want with very little consequences.

The restrictions on PS mods suck but weren't surprising considering Sony wasn't making money on them. Even if they were heavily restricted and delayed it would have been great if Sony had a vetting system that allowed the best of the graphics mods in but what always bugged me most was how the quick keys worked on the left/right D-pad. Weapons default to right hand and and magic left, it seems like a small thing but I stopped playing more than a few builds because switching back and forth just wasn't practical without pausing. For example dual wielding wanting to switch between dagger and magic in the left hand.

Great game and there is still plenty of time to go back and have another go at finishing the main quests at some point considering Elder Scrolls 6 is still apparently years away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back