Multiplat Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls 5

Remove this Banner Ad

My update... Level 32 archer type and about 60 hours played, but stil feel I'm perhaps half way through the major quest line.

- 65k gold + dec'd out pad in Whiterun.
- archery is at 80
- smithing is at about 80
- running with glass armor kit

- midway through companions quests (not sure I want to turn yet).
- midway through Thieves quests, but screwed up in selling thieves armor (keep your TG armor guys)..
- joined the Stormcloaks and just did set piece that put my belongings in danger.
- done a few Winterhold quests.
- completed 2 'Shrine' quest lines which are cool and give huge loot: Azure and Mabiala (?... one SW of Solitude).

I've barely touched Markarth, Morthal, WinterHold and Solitude... and I haven't even seen Dawnstar or Falkreath yet (aside from on my map).

Still so much to do which is both :) and :(

My update... Level 32 archer type and about 60 hours played, but stil feel I'm perhaps half way through the major quest line.

- archery is at 80

- midway through Thieves quests, but screwed up in selling thieves armor (keep your TG armor guys)..
- joined the Stormcloaks and just did set piece that put my belongings in danger.
- completed 2 'Shrine' quest lines which are cool and give huge loot: Azure and Mabiala (?... one SW of Solitude).

I've barely touched Markarth, Morthal, WinterHold and Solitude... and I haven't even seen Dawnstar or Falkreath yet (aside from on my map).

Can I ask how you got so much money, you're way ahead of me but I never have more than 5k haha.

Can I ask how you got so much money, you're way ahead of me but I never have more than 5k haha.
Doing the Thieves Guild quests would get you alot of coin. I only just started it and the areas the quests are taking me to have alot of coin.

Faldar's Tooth if you haven't been there yet has a lot of coins and coin purses lying about. Just make sure you have good lockpicking and plenty of lockpicks.

Doing the Thieves Guild quests would get you alot of coin. I only just started it and the areas the quests are taking me to have alot of coin.

Faldar's Tooth if you haven't been there yet has a lot of coins and coin purses lying about. Just make sure you have good lockpicking and plenty of lockpicks.

Thanks buddy, I just started the TG quests, and yeah I've got fairly high lockpicking so I'll have to check out that place :)

- archery is at 80

Confused by this. When I got my armour I just sold it straight back without any issues.

Sure...

Pre-Adventuring Prep
1) I'm stingy. I barely ever buy anything off NPCs because the gear I find is more than suitable. Only times I buy off NPCs are A) for quest related collectables B) to level my crafting skills like BlackSmithing and C) buying arrows and lockpicks (they're cheap anyway).

2) If I do buy something off an NPC... I try to make sure I have other stuff to sell them to get my $$ back straight away.

3) Item management... don't run around Skyrim carrying all your crafting, books and misc crap... dump that in your house to free up "loot" space when you're adventuring. Then when you want to "craft" fast travel home, load up and pump out the crafting skills.

4) I try to have atleast 150 slots left before adventuring... that quickly fills if you come across a dragon or 2 and with 2 quest related dungeon runs. (I find that I am often hoarding countless potions which I barely ever use... of have something like 20 x "Minor Stamina" pots there as well as lots of bigger pots... those 20 pots use 10 weight slots and I doubt I would use them... so only keep potions you're likely to use. It is a bit like cleaning our you clothes in RL... if you haven't worn it in the last year then get rid of it)

5) You should almost always have a NPC running with you. Not only can they help you kill things, but they can be a loot mule too. Talk to your NPC and have them carry loot. I often run with Lydia (as she was my "first"), but noticed lately that her AI will automatically assign her the best items for her class... even if they're the heaviest (Steel etc). In theory a mage NPC should be best as a loot mule as they will wear robes etc and have plenty of weight allowance to carry my loot. Haven't tried this out yet though.

Adventure Specific
6) Check as many lootable items as you can... my order of preference: chests, bodies, urns, furniture, bags (not sacks)... I check the odd barrel or sack but they often contain food.

7) Loot depending on $ per weight ratio... a robe giving 10g and weighing 1 is better than an axe giving 45g and weighing 10. Gems, Jewellery, Robes and Books are great $/W ratios.

8) I can recall 2 really high $ earning dungeons:

A) is some crypt NW of WhiteRun that the 1st companion quest sent me to (I posted it in this thread or pt 1 earlier). It was a long dungeon, with plenty of urns and undead to loot and it easily gave me 2k-3k in gold alone.

*** highly recommend doing this at early levels (12-14) SPOILERS
B)
start the quest called "The Break of Dawn" by finding the "Meridia Shrine" (on Mount Killreath which is just SW of Solitude). First part of this sends you to a tower far to the south that only has a handful of bandits guarding it. Located within this small tower is Meridia's gem/orb which you then take back to her Shrine. Next/main part (in amongst some very cool set pieces) is to head in to her temple (below her Shrine). This is a more lengthy dungeon run and the dungeon is littered with dead imperial soldiers... search every single corpse you can find!!! Most will drop between 25-100g each. There is plenty of other lootable stuff in there too. It is a pretty cool dungeon and at the end of the dungeon and quest you get a pretty awesome weapon for fighting undead.

9) So yeah loot yourself up, loot your NPC up... and ASAP fast travel back to WhiteRun. Here you have 3 vendors to sell to and your house all within 10m of each other. You have 2 NPCs to sell to at "Warmaidens", 1 at the "Drunken Huntsman" and also your house to unload Dragon Bones and craft goods into. I normally unload to these 3 1st because they take the "heavier" items such as weapons, armor and Dragon goods (house). I normally hold off a bit on running up to "General Goods" store or Jarl's Mage to sell other low weight goods like robes, jewellery etc. Don't forget to grab stuff off your NPC and sell if the vendors still have gold.

10) ohhh also once your rep is good some items in the vendors stores you can pick up and sell right back to them... just make sure they don't have the red "steal" wording over them. LOL... suckers. It might only give you 10g-20g here and there but it easily adds up for little effort.

That's pretty much it.

Confused by this. When I got my armour I just sold it straight back without any issues.
Think he meant he messed up by selling the Thieves Armour and should've kept it rather than issues while selling.

I messed up one of the Thieves quests. Apparently meant to go in and clear out the safe with no deaths. I cleared the whole place!

Sure...

Pre-Adventuring Prep
1) I'm stingy. I barely ever buy anything off NPCs because the gear I find is more than suitable. Only times I buy off NPCs are A) for quest related collectables B) to level my crafting skills like BlackSmithing and C) buying arrows and lockpicks (they're cheap anyway).

2) If I do buy something off an NPC... I try to make sure I have other stuff to sell them to get my $$ back straight away.

3) Item management... don't run around Skyrim carrying all your crafting, books and misc crap... dump that in your house to free up "loot" space when you're adventuring. Then when you want to "craft" fast travel home, load up and pump out the crafting skills.

4) I try to have atleast 150 slots left before adventuring... that quickly fills if you come across a dragon or 2 and with 2 quest related dungeon runs. (I find that I am often hoarding countless potions which I barely ever use... of have something like 20 x "Minor Stamina" pots there as well as lots of bigger pots... those 20 pots use 10 weight slots and I doubt I would use them... so only keep potions you're likely to use. It is a bit like cleaning our you clothes in RL... if you haven't worn it in the last year then get rid of it)

5) You should almost always have a NPC running with you. Not only can they help you kill things, but they can be a loot mule too. Talk to your NPC and have them carry loot. I often run with Lydia (as she was my "first"), but noticed lately that her AI will automatically assign her the best items for her class... even if they're the heaviest (Steel etc). In theory a mage NPC should be best as a loot mule as they will wear robes etc and have plenty of weight allowance to carry my loot. Haven't tried this out yet though.

Adventure Specific
6) Check as many lootable items as you can... my order of preference: chests, bodies, urns, furniture, bags (not sacks)... I check the odd barrel or sack but they often contain food.

7) Loot depending on $ per weight ratio... a robe giving 10g and weighing 1 is better than an axe giving 45g and weighing 10. Gems, Jewellery, Robes and Books are great $/W ratios.

8) I can recall 2 really high $ earning dungeons:

A) is some crypt NW of WhiteRun that the 1st companion quest sent me to (I posted it in this thread or pt 1 earlier). It was a long dungeon, with plenty of urns and undead to loot and it easily gave me 2k-3k in gold alone.

*** highly recommend doing this at early levels (12-14) SPOILERS
B) start the quest called "The Break of Dawn" by finding the "Meridia Shrine" (on Mount Killreath which is just SW of Solitude). First part of this sends you to a tower far to the south that only has a handful of bandits guarding it. Located within this small tower is Meridia's gem/orb which you then take back to her Shrine. Next/main part (in amongst some very cool set pieces) is to head in to her temple (below her Shrine). This is a more lengthy dungeon run and the dungeon is littered with dead imperial soldiers... search every single corpse you can find!!! Most will drop between 25-100g each. There is plenty of other lootable stuff in there too. It is a pretty cool dungeon and at the end of the dungeon and quest you get a pretty awesome weapon for fighting undead.

9) So yeah loot yourself up, loot your NPC up... and ASAP fast travel back to WhiteRun. Here you have 3 vendors to sell to and your house all within 10m of each other. You have 2 NPCs to sell to at "Warmaidens", 1 at the "Drunken Huntsman" and also your house to unload Dragon Bones and craft goods into. I normally unload to these 3 1st because they take the "heavier" items such as weapons, armor and Dragon goods (house). I normally hold off a bit on running up to "General Goods" store or Jarl's Mage to sell other low weight goods like robes, jewellery etc. Don't forget to grab stuff off your NPC and sell if the vendors still have gold.

10) ohhh also once your rep is good some items in the vendors stores you can pick up and sell right back to them... just make sure they don't have the red "steal" wording over them. LOL... suckers. It might only give you 10g-20g here and there but it easily adds up for little effort.

That's pretty much it.

Thats an awesome guide, thanks! Why do you keep your dragon stuff and not sell it though? do you need it?

Thats an awesome guide, thanks! Why do you keep your dragon stuff and not sell it though? do you need it?

I'm keeping it for when my BlackSmithing hits 100... will grab the Dragon Smithing perk and make some heavy dragon armor. Not for this toon to wear, but more just as a "test".

My 2nd character will be a melee type who wears heavy armor... so I am also using my current character to see what I will need to do for that.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214016p1.html

Apparently major lag issues on the PS3 when you get your save file up to 9mb. I haven't reached this point yet. Has anyone else had problems?
i had some lag before patch 1.2, since then it is noticeably better, but i still get the occasional lag, nothing to bad. Oh, and I haven't had 1 crash in 50+ hours, touch wood.

Think he meant he messed up by selling the Thieves Armour and should've kept it rather than issues while selling.

I messed up one of the Thieves quests. Apparently meant to go in and clear out the safe with no deaths. I cleared the whole place!

Sorry, I now often post from my iPhone whilst in transit... which results in rushed and poorly structured posts.

Yes, I should have kept my Thieves Armour instead of selling it. After completing your 1st Thieves Guild quest, and gaining acceptance in to the TG you are given a bunch of TG armour. It wasn't better than the stuff I was wearing at the time, so I sold it. Now a few quests later I need to take only one of those TG armour pieces to the TG armour vendor, 'Solidia' (?) or whoever, and she will upgrade it for me and I can complete/continue the quest.

On the XBOX (and presumeably PS3) if you don't have some piece of that TG armour left (you can just have it on you... no need to have it equipped)... you can't proceed with the quest. :( You can use a MOD on the PC to get around the issue, but on consoles you can't proceed with that quest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will never finish this game, I just cant stop doing side quests, I'm apart of the Companions and Thieves guild while I'm trying to join the Legion, now I want to be apart of the Dark Brotherhood. :eek:

Am now Arch Mage and Harbinger. Chose to cure my werewolf, and straight away I am a vampire, must of got bit at some stage. If not for the need to feed every night to stop the locals freaking out i wouldn't mind so much...now to find a cure. Oh, and after travelling south after a quest I came accross a big set of wooden gates, have read that the DLC will be big...Oblivion anyone?

Now level 38.

House in solitude / whiterun both decked out.
170,000 gold
Mixture of TG Leader uniform and nightingale uniform.
TG complete, DB complete, Werewolf, Majority of "misc" missions done.
Main quest barely touched.
Married.

Getting rid of those misc lists is bloody hard, had so many due to never rejecting a mission and always talking to people (every available speech option)

Favourite weapons: dawnbreaker, mace of molagbol, flames, healing, ebony bow enchanted to 25 fire damage.

Getting rid of those misc lists is bloody hard, had so many due to never rejecting a mission and always talking to people (every available speech option

I'm the same. I treat it like my emails at work... Just work from the bottom up, but it never really ends.

This game leaks so much memory. Thank god for PC and its modders. 4GB patch has worked a treat. No more CTD :thumbsu:

37hrs into the game and wow...It's been a long time since a game has drawn me in like this. I can't stop playing. So much to do and see. Very happy that I bit the bullet and bought it

Loving this game to bits, despite all of the bugs. Just bought the house in Solitude (only my second house after buying the customary Whiterun house). It's huge! Need to buy the upgrades though because it's a bit of a dive at the moment.

It's good for practical uses though to have somewhere to store stuff. I never fast travel so having somewhere to store things close by is important.

i have 5 houses so far but the best by far is the dawnstar dark brotherhood sanctuary, which comes complete with a torture chamber containing 4 prisoners chained up on the walls who each have a secret treasure location after they are tortured a bit,shadowmere the magic horse is also a great acquisition,loves a fight as much as me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back