Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You work for Stanno?

I think the original press release may have been incorrect (or at least misread by multiple people, including myself). I had a look at it today and it did say that is was a pre-season kit that will be retired in the name of the community after the pre-season games.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Apparently there was a stand at the Fisher's Ghost Festival in Campbelltown today, so here are some more images of the Macarthur FC pre-season kit that were posted on Facebook.

74647618_10162442007030440_5880268466874744832_n.jpg
75199752_10162442007130440_8876473704519827456_n.jpg
71199018_10162442004065440_3740834291962085376_n.jpg

Apparently there was a stand at the Fisher's Ghost Festival in Campbelltown today, so here are some more images of the Macarthur FC pre-season kit that were posted on Facebook.

74647618_10162442007030440_5880268466874744832_n.jpg
75199752_10162442007130440_8876473704519827456_n.jpg
71199018_10162442004065440_3740834291962085376_n.jpg
I'm quickly starting to hate alot of this new clubs identity. I still don't feel they're needed, I hate the logo, and i'm not a fan of whatever this kit is.

I'm quickly starting to hate alot of this new clubs identity. I still don't feel they're needed, I hate the logo, and i'm not a fan of whatever this kit is.
At least they're trying to get an identity... Still waiting for Western's.

At least they're trying to get an identity... Still waiting for Western's.

I think the ability to have a lot of money and business smarts within the club, along with a developed and established community and stadium helps a lot. I actually feel semi connected to the club, even though I could travel to all 4 of the current Sydney aleague stadiums in a quicker period, combined, then travelling to the Macarthur region.

I think the ability to have a lot of money and business smarts within the club, along with a developed and established community and stadium helps a lot. I actually feel semi connected to the club, even though I could travel to all 4 of the current Sydney aleague stadiums in a quicker period, combined, then travelling to the Macarthur region.

I agree, though I am a Macarthur region resident, I was fully willing to remain a Wanderers supporter if this club completely bottled their entry into the league.

But so far they have not put a step wrong and have engaged with the community creating a real buzz. That is why I purchased the Foundation membership and why I am very confident that this team will continue to make the right moves and create a club with a strong fan base in an area with the opportunity to grow it further as the region continues to grow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kit is for preseason only. A members gift.

They will be the only club in the A-league with board voting rights.

Have got millions in sponsorship already and their own store being built.

As for the logo, Better than half of the ones in the Legue.

They are ticking all the boxes so far.

Representing the western suburbs of Melbourne in't enough for you? That's pretty harsh.
The branding is terrible, the logo and name is ridiculous and they don't even have a home ground. They promised a stadium in Tarneit. Where is that? They're nomads that'll play in two MASSIVE oval stadium that don't have a set home base.

They get points for the colours, but that's about it IMO.

The branding is terrible, the logo and name is ridiculous and they don't even have a home ground. They promised a stadium in Tarneit. Where is that? They're nomads that'll play in two MASSIVE oval stadium that don't have a set home base.

Yeah, it is a bit of a muddled mess. If they were permanently going to play games between Geelong and Ballarat I would be all over them...but I'm not getting invested in a team from Tarneit.

The stadium is already well underway, actually. Tarneit is in the western suburbs of Melbourne, you know, the georgaphic area the club has set itself up in.

You can knock the logo and name, but it's actually on par with some of the other A League sides, to be honest. I also get that Kardinia Park is a massive oval stadium, but so is Marvel. Ballarat, on the other hand, isn't that big, only 11k.

Again, I think you are being super harsh on Western United, they aren't very big just yet, but I think they will definately get there.

The stadium is already well underway, actually. Tarneit is in the western suburbs of Melbourne, you know, the georgaphic area the club has set itself up in.

Interesting definition of “well underway” when its fast closing in on 12 months since they were given the licence, and despite a promise of the new stadium being ready for the start of their third season, I don’t believe a sod of dirt has even been turned over on the site as yet.

Meanwhile, over in the south-east, they’re actually delivering on promises put forward to advance football in the region, despite being denied an A-League licence.

The western side of Melbourne was not crying out for its own team, its largely already well supported by Victory and City. Western Melbourne is not comparable to Western Sydney, it barely has its own identity. Tarneit is a suburban housing development with no infrastructure to support 15k people getting to and from the ground. The nearest train station is a 15 minute drive away. The ONLY thing WU had going for it was owning their own stadium, and the FFA fell for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back