Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genre-based themes are always disappointing because you're asking about 20 people to nom something they have no interest in.
We end up with cheesy song selections and even worse votes

Far better to have people who love ambient music nominate something rad for all of us to listen to, and then an hip hop song from someone who likes that.

That's just my opinion, based on 3 years of listening to good playlists and shiite playlists

We've never had one genre round which was good. They all sucked.

My New Wave round was awesome.

Genre-based themes are always disappointing because you're asking about 20 people to nom something they have no interest in.
We end up with cheesy song selections and even worse votes

Far better to have people who love ambient music nominate their fav ambient piece for all of us to listen to, and then a hip hop song from someone who is right into that.

I just don't see the point of forcing one genre on everyone. It's boring.

That's just my opinion, based on 3 years of listening to good playlists and shiite playlists

We've never had one genre round which was good. They all sucked.

Ok. I don't disagree?

Ok after Ambient round I do not want to have to police any subjective themes.

In light of the first round I ever hosted being Songs with Double Consonants in the title, this round will be:

SONGS WITH DOUBLE VOWELS IN THE TITLE OR ARTIST NAME

NOMS DUE MONDAY 10PM AEST

No previous podiums, max 1 song per artist

It's finally maroon 5 time!

Just so we all know, 'ee' and 'oo' are weak ass cop-outs.
But please do them if it means something good.

Just so we all know, 'ee' and 'oo' are weak ass cop-outs.
But please do them if it means something good.
The 'uu' is where it's at. Still waiting for Xavier Duursma to release a cover of this:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intereting theme IMHBO.

I noticed I got 5 votes from one person. Whoever that was I recommend the full four parts. Makes ya feel good I reckon.

Me too

They get sucked off by the afl constantly because the afl don’t like to have a poorly performing Sydney.
Do they?

That must be why we're heading for another top 4 finish. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back