Songs That Sound A Little Too Similar

Remove this Banner Ad

From wiki:

After British band Status Quo discovered numerous similarities between the song and one of their own ("Lonely Night"), the two bands reached an agreement in lieu of a lawsuit that saw Status Quo receive royalties from "Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again".[11] Status Quo bassist Alan Lancaster was friends with members of the Angels at the time of the incident, and lived next door to John Brewster. In 2015, Brewster recounted having asked Neeson whether the song could've been based on "Lonely Night" and recalls a non-committal response: "I might have heard it at a disco"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I put this Dead Moon song in the covers thread a few weeks ago (as the original version of a cover) but the intro reminds me a bit of the 13th Floor Elevators intro. There's a hard to describe wobbly sound that's present in both, although a bit lower in the mix on the Dead Moon version. The Dead Moon songwriter Fred Cole was in a 60's garage band called The Lollipoppe Shop so perhaps it's not much of a coincidence, more of a homage, but I don't know if anyone else hears it.

Similar to the above, I think this might have been more of a deliberate imitation of the intro to The Byrds "Eight Miles High" when The Television Personalities recorded "King & Country".

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back