[SPOILERS] Dota2 The International 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Arc1

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure if there was a thread following this... all over this morning, been a big week for me with multiple 5-hour sleeps trying to catch all the replays in the evenings and then some of the live action in the morning.

Bit pissed off that the LB final was on at 1am my time (SG), that made it almost impossible. Then despite waking up a few times to check progress, and getting up at 6am for the final, they then stuffed around so long I could've slept in! :D

Apart from that, pretty good fun to follow all week and much more interesting than the smorgasbord of badminton, ping pong and fencing that seems to pass for an Olympics.

As a certified fangay I was a bit disappointed not to see some of the old school teams like Alliance do better, but far out some awesome games this week.

Personal highlights:

Best game: Can't go past the EG mega creeps against EHome for game of the tournament.

Best player: Felt W33 was pretty rad throughout, despite maybe derailing a bit in the final.

Best story: Moo's mum coming to all the games and other fans explaining whether he was doing well or not.

Best Commentator: Enjoyed a few of them. Capitalist does a good solid call each game. Enjoyed Charlie's lemon-sucker tone and delivery on the panel. But the highlight by far was Gorman with the meme-worthy call of "Ding Ding Ding Motherf&cker!"... why can't we get some of these guys to commentate the AFL?

Best feature: Having Purge on technical analysis after the games - some really interesting stuff.

Lowlight: Amount of screen time given to Sir Actionslacks. He's amusing for about 5 minutes before his OTT squealing does my head in.

Awkward moment award: the post-final interview being (possibly badly) translated. "Any words for your opponents, they played really well" ... "I think after we beat them in game 2 they couldn't get their best game anymore"

K thanks gracious winner. TBH it sounded to me like they didn't actually understand the question.

.... anyways. Shall go back to dreaming of winning $2M while getting abused by antisocial 12 year olds for buying the wrong items...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back