Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

Macquarie sports radio dropping Sam Stove and Shane McInnes from the 12-4pm afternoon show

New show called Halftime 12-2pm hosted by James Willis

New Afternoon show 2-4pm hosted by Billy McGee and Mieke Buchan
Billy McGee is ******* annnoying

Macquarie sports radio dropping Sam Stove and Shane McInnes from the 12-4pm afternoon show
Not surprising. I'm a broken record about this, but McInnes and Matt Thompson are so s**t it's beyond description. They make Mark Doran sound like Hookesy and Healy with at their best.

McInnes is even worse than Thompson. At least the latter comes across as 'real', and has a bumbling innocence that makes ya feel a bit sorry for him, while McInnes is a fake try-hard that makes we wanna smash my radio before even changing stations. What's McInnes meant to be? Is he a journo? I can't remember him ever writing an article, let alone breaking a story. All he's known for is Ross Lyon singling him out as a plonker. Is he meant to be a presenter? Is so, pffft. Ha.

They should stick to what they're barely adequate at, which is being made fun of out coaches' press conferences, or standing outside clubs or AFL House for 10 hours with all the 18-year-old cub reporters waiting for a 5-second audio grab from an injured player to play on the 2am Macquarie News.

Ah well, half their farkin luck. Even worse: I'm pretty sure some chicks have made small humans with both of them; amazing.

Last edited:
We can't have a go at Marko about his lack of knowledge on NRL anymore. There was a moment yesterday where they were talking about who would be the highest paid players in the nrl in a couple of years with Billy McGee. One of the names McGee mentioned was Kayln Ponga. Marko then seamlessly proceeds with "If Ponga wanted to leave Newcastle..." Marko knew Kayln Ponga played for Newcastle. This is the type of knowledge we'd sledge Marko for. Credit where credit's due.

We can't have a go at Marko about his lack of knowledge on NRL anymore. There was a moment yesterday where they were talking about who would be the highest paid players in the nrl in a couple of years with Billy McGee. One of the names McGee mentioned was Kayln Ponga. Marko then seamlessly proceeds with "If Ponga wanted to leave Newcastle..." Marko knew Kayln Ponga played for Newcastle. This is the type of knowledge we'd sledge Marko for. Credit where credit's due.

I haven’t listened to them to know if they are researching better than they were on SEN, but usually the producers will give the on air talent a running sheet with what is going to be discussed with each guest and there would be some dot points jotted down for Marko and Ox to raise as discussion points (such as what you heard about Ponga today). You would be surprised at what the on air talent can get away with if they have a good producer helping out with their prep.

SEN in the evenings is now shite. Jack Heverin or whoever takes the shift feed the listeners a diet of utter garbage. There's virtually no talk back, the topics are mind numbing and rarely to do with what's happening in the now and he/they appear to be terrified in having an opinion. For all his faults, getting rid of Finey was a massive error.

SEN in the evenings is now shite. Jack Heverin or whoever takes the shift feed the listeners a diet of utter garbage. There's virtually no talk back, the topics are mind numbing and rarely to do with what's happening in the now and he/they appear to be terrified in having an opinion. For all his faults, getting rid of Finey was a massive error.

Hutchy needs to be held accountable.

Julian King on Macquarie is good and would've taken some of my attention away from Finey. His producer, Christain Jantzen, is often on and they have good banter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't listened to SEN for a couple weeks. Enjoyed Lyon and Watson for a while but over them now. The intro to Gerrard's show annoys me... Your town, your game and then You're The Voice plays as if Gerrard speaks for all of us and then he starts talking and just oozes smugness. KB & Doc sound like two old blokes in a nursing home arguing about the same old' thing every day and I don't like nursing homes.

I have tried listening to Marko & Ox a few times but everytime I tune in they are talking NRL so I switch off after 5 seconds.

Yeah, people being biased to their favourite sport can be annoying. I remember some horse racing devotee calling SEN once to proclaim that Black Caviar was the sportsperson of the year.

I don't suppose they mentioned Greg Lemond? After winning his first Tour de France in 1986, he was shot, nearly died, missed over 2 years, then came back to win 2 more Tours in '89 and '90.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back