Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

No he’s not , Heverin is boring. Where does his cricket knowledge come from ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both he and pickers reported on the overnight cricket occurrences. Pickers to me was all over the place, which happens when you're thinking on the spot. Jack was on straight after and was clear, concise and provided a bit more depth than pickers.

Dont know where jacks cricket knowledge comes from, other than assuming research, reading and analysing. He did not play at the highest level

Both he and pickers reported on the overnight cricket occurrences. Pickers to me was all over the place, which happens when you're thinking on the spot. Jack was on straight after and was clear, concise and provided a bit more depth than pickers.

Dont know where jacks cricket knowledge comes from, other than assuming research, reading and analysing. He did not play at the highest level
You’d think Pickers would be better seeing he was actually a gun cricketer himself.

You’d think Pickers would be better seeing he was actually a gun cricketer himself.

A fair enough point you make. But why are some in the cricket media bagged (shithouse commentary/analysis) when they have played for at the highest level, i.e. National honours. Same for AFL.

A fair enough point you make. But why are some in the cricket media bagged (shithouse commentary/analysis) when they have played for at the highest level, i.e. National honours. Same for AFL.
Because you can play at the highest level and be good at just following orders and not actually paying attention to tactics. Or just be naturally talented with no idea how to explain it.

It's actually two seperate skills, playing and analysing/explaining.

Because you can play at the highest level and be good at just following orders and not actually paying attention to tactics. Or just be naturally talented with no idea how to explain it.

It's actually two seperate skills, playing and analysing/explaining.

yes that's true. But Fruits assertions were that Pickering is a better analyst/commentator than whats his name because he was a gun cricketer. So in that respect, Rob Quiney is a more accomplished in terms of analysis.

Similar to the argument that person X (i.e. mike shehan) doesnt know about footy cause he hasnt played the game at the highest level

Jimmy Bartel is someone who's grown over the year. I thought he was a bit droll at first, but I suppose that's because he's new? He better at expressing himself now and shows a bit of a larrikin in him.

I don't get his deal alternating breakfast shows though?

alternating?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Sheehan just tweeted watch this space regarding Mark Fine joining Macquarie Sport. If the KB rumours are true as well, that should bring across a few listeners from SEN permanently.

Tony Sheehan just tweeted watch this space regarding Mark Fine joining Macquarie Sport. If the KB rumours are true as well, that should bring across a few listeners from SEN permanently.

Here is the tweet you are talking about

I haven’t listened to them to know if they are researching better than they were on SEN, but usually the producers will give the on air talent a running sheet with what is going to be discussed with each guest and there would be some dot points jotted down for Marko and Ox to raise as discussion points (such as what you heard about Ponga today). You would be surprised at what the on air talent can get away with if they have a good producer helping out with their prep.

There is a big difference. Macqaurie Sport Radio was like SEN before SEN got the Right to the Footy. They talked all different sport then AFL footy right and then bowed down to the AFL.

I love listening to the Macquire Sports more than AFL because they talk about anything sports and people who listen are educated on the topic. Not talking about one sport for 55 minutes and the 5mins of 2 sports.

That he’s going to take over from Dave Morrow in the 9AM slot.

Funny reading about this, I was listening to Triple M Goulburn Valley and 10am onwards on a saturday we get off the bench.

Hutchy and Pickers were talking about going gun ho into Things regarding strange things you done on your first week of a new job. Pickers mention to Hutchy and him buying SEN and then Hutchy made a comment saying "That a older member of staff(mention the age which matches KB) is wanting a 8 or 9 year contact and wanted to know what the future of SEN going to be". he did not name the person. I thought that was strange that he came out with the comment and it has a bit of venom on his comment.

So I am thinking that this might be true are reading some the last post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back