Moved Thread Sportsmate Footy Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Live

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi all,

After a bit of a hiatus from Big Footy (so long ago in 2012 we can't work out what email address we used) we're back on board.

Not here just to promote (although we do have an update going out today for both iOS and Android for the season launch next week) but we are keen to get some feedback direct from you guys who are obsessed with your footy. We are keen to hear straight from the horses mouth for any bugs/feedback and we'll cop it all on the chin and see how quickly we can fix issues and what new features you'd like to see that we can incorporate in to future updates.

Mods - please feel free to move to the relevant section where appropriate.

Cheers,

Footy Live team at Sportsmate

I'm a simple man. I want no fuss game day scores updated quickly.

Your app is great. I can't watch or listen to live games where I am due to poor internet coverage so I always go to the Footy Live app. Couldn't care about the other stuff. Just keep the game day info simple.

I'm a simple man. I want no fuss game day scores updated quickly.

Your app is great. I can't watch or listen to live games where I am due to poor internet coverage so I always go to the Footy Live app. Couldn't care about the other stuff. Just keep the game day info simple.
Thanks, the guys have spent a lot of time on keeping the game day stuff simple and easy to use so glad to hear they've hit the brief there.

The App isn’t really suited for the iphone. It keeps on crashing regularly. It does have some nice features though. Some of the players statistics and information is incorrect.
Hi WWSD, thanks for the feedback - will split that comment in two.
Re: crashing, can you confirm some extra details as we haven't had any big crash reports lately and we certainly don't want that to be happening! Could you share some details what what version of the app you have (down the bottom of the 'Settings' section), what iPhone you have and any details around what you are doing in the app when it crashes so our guys can investigate this further?

Re: player stats/info - can you provide some specific examples of this so that we can jump in and fix them? The statistics we get sent straight from Champion Data, so if the player stats are wrong it's either a) not officially incorrect or b) there's a bug with our data feed we urgently need to fix before the season kicks off in a week's time! So any extra info you can share for us would be a huge help!

Hi all,

After a bit of a hiatus from Big Footy (so long ago in 2012 we can't work out what email address we used) we're back on board.

Not here just to promote (although we do have an update going out today for both iOS and Android for the season launch next week) but we are keen to get some feedback direct from you guys who are obsessed with your footy. We are keen to hear straight from the horses mouth for any bugs/feedback and we'll cop it all on the chin and see how quickly we can fix issues and what new features you'd like to see that we can incorporate in to future updates.

Mods - please feel free to move to the relevant section where appropriate.

Cheers,

Footy Live team at Sportsmate
bring back chat

was good value

Hi WWSD, thanks for the feedback - will split that comment in two.
Re: crashing, can you confirm some extra details as we haven't had any big crash reports lately and we certainly don't want that to be happening! Could you share some details what what version of the app you have (down the bottom of the 'Settings' section), what iPhone you have and any details around what you are doing in the app when it crashes so our guys can investigate this further?

Re: player stats/info - can you provide some specific examples of this so that we can jump in and fix them? The statistics we get sent straight from Champion Data, so if the player stats are wrong it's either a) not officially incorrect or b) there's a bug with our data feed we urgently need to fix before the season kicks off in a week's time! So any extra info you can share for us would be a huge help!

All current listed players career games and career goals are wrong.

bring back chat

was good value
Unsurprisingly this is our most common request :)

Can't make any promises as there were obviously reasons we had to shut it down, but certainly something we'll look at in the future if we can find a way to overcome those challenges.

What was the reason it got axed ?
Main reason, moderation. Being an (extremely) small team here the amount of time we needed to invest in moderation to ensure there was no racism/sexism etc just got too much to handle. Multiply it also by 8 apps for the different sports/leagues we cover and it was easier to take it off despite it being an extremely popular feature.

Quite a lot of stats that Champion data record aren't for display on the AFL website. Hitouts to advantage for example.

What level of access can you guys give us to some of these hidden stats?
It's a good question and at this stage there are no plans to add those 'extra' stats in, mostly due to cost. Sorry about that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main reason, moderation. Being an (extremely) small team here the amount of time we needed to invest in moderation to ensure there was no racism/sexism etc just got too much to handle. Multiply it also by 8 apps for the different sports/leagues we cover and it was easier to take it off despite it being an extremely popular feature.

If you create mods from members of the public please use people with common sense. If you want an example of what that doesn't look like see BF mods. They allow personal opinion influence their decisions like endorsing people who hate emergency service personnel and encourage gameday trolls.

Footy Live, I use your app more often than the AFL app, so kudos for a simple layout that is easy to navigate.

One thing that I would ask is that there’s more stats available, but you’ve outlined why that’s not happening.

Good job on the app though, I’ve had it on my phone for many years now, and it’s great

Footy Live, I use your app more often than the AFL app, so kudos for a simple layout that is easy to navigate.

One thing that I would ask is that there’s more stats available, but you’ve outlined why that’s not happening.

Good job on the app though, I’ve had it on my phone for many years now, and it’s great
Thanks Abasi. The latest update does have some extra stats that you can alter the order of and add/remove (currently at max of 8) so hopefully some new ones you find useful.

Thanks for all the kind words as well, will be sure to pass them on to the full team!

my goto live scores app. love it

having said that sone suggestions:-

game times in aest and like fan footy, live supercoach scores

oh yeah and 1 other thing:-

live vfl scores. usually only updated after the game.

Love the app use it every game, one thing that bugs me is the trends page with break downs of things like contested possessions and it'll be like 45-30 and the bars are the exact same height or tackles where it's 24-15 and the bars have like 1 pixel difference for a huge margin.

UPDate west coast logo to wings.
Also, the suns logo is just made up. At least use the gc logo perhaps?!?if you cannot due to licensing, remove the white as its not an official colour of the suns. Either replace with blue or just stick to red and yellow
Hi Billy ray, you nailed the reasoning, from a trademark POV we can't use their official logos. As such we made easily recognisable logos using the team colours so that people can quickly and easily work out who is who. I'll pass the feedback on to our designer though and see what she can do!

my goto live scores app. love it

having said that sone suggestions:-

game times in aest and like fan footy, live supercoach scores

oh yeah and 1 other thing:-

live vfl scores. usually only updated after the game.
Hi beema,

Game times are in local time to wherever the person is based, we have got lots of feedback in the past that this is what people prefer as it allows them to know in their own time when games are happening and plan accordingly rather than having to do the time difference maths themselves.

Re: Supercoach scores, unfortunately that's a bit of an issue as a certain news provider that shall go unnamed doesn't want us having the SC scores in our app for their own reasons.

Lastly re: VFL scores unfortunatley this one is also out of our hands as the data is only captured/uploaded on a Monday, so we can only pull it from the official source at that point.

Sorry we can't be a bit more positive on your requests, but thanks for sharing them!

Love the app use it every game, one thing that bugs me is the trends page with break downs of things like contested possessions and it'll be like 45-30 and the bars are the exact same height or tackles where it's 24-15 and the bars have like 1 pixel difference for a huge margin.
Hi Tenilius, thanks for the feedback. It should have some degree of difference, but I'll feed it back in to the designer to look in to. The only thing I can think of now as to why it might be happening is that each section uses a single axis across all the quarters for the same stat. So eg. if in Q1 the tackles were 10 v 5, but then in Q2 the tackles were 40x20 the 10v5 bars will get a lot closer as they are being compared now to the maximum of 40 compared to 10. Doesn't explain if everything is close though, so as I said I'll pass it over to the designer.

And a question to all - we've added a new feature to the app, Quizzes - it would be great to get some feedback on how you find them. Both in terms of the ease of completing a quiz but also finding them in the app as we are trying to make it as easy as possible but keen to get some real feedback on them!

This is far and away my favourite sporting app in terms of ease of use, presentation and customisation.
The official afl app pales in comparision. However, it is a resource hog (android) and uses far too much cpu and battery even when in the backround a good hour or two after using it.
Please sort this out as this has been an issue for years and years, like I said everything else is pretty much perfect but when one app becomes notorious for constantly draining juice I'm reluctant to use it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back