St. Kilda Excuse Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Carlton Vs Geelong

dalsanto26 said:
geelong is playing above their potential at the moment. Their win against St Kilda was only because of the injuries that the saints sustained. There is no doubt that the cats are a good team, but no where good enough to win the premiership. They will struggle against a team that has a tall foward line, maybe not Carlton, but any decent top 8 team
Gee, what a surprise. Another St. kilda fan having a sook.

dalsanto26 said:
There is no doubt that the cats are a good team, but no where good enough to win the premiership.

Premiership - Who knows?
We do seem to have St. Kilda covered though.
That is 7 losses in 9 games for you guys against Geelong now. How about you make up a sooky excuse thread for each of the other losses.

AnotherAintWhinger said:
the only reason u beat us was because of jones, koshizthke and harvey all becoming injured, forcing us to play with only 19, and no second tall. Our full team vs ur full team in rd 19 we will murder you.

Numb nuts,how come you didn't complain about injuries when you beat Melbourne in Rd4 ?

They had Bruce,Neitz and McDonald all off injured.

Not one word from the whinging pack of sooks from StKilda.

Now f**k off !!!!!!!!!!

Damn we missed Wojcinski, Sanderson, Johnson and losing Chappy almost lost us the game.

damn we missed gehrig, hamill, powell, penny and losing jones and harvey DID lose us the game

And that's just the difference...we had players out, you had players out...and we won!
Look, if the Premiership was decided over who had the best list, and not who can get the most out of the 22 fit players they currently have available, then the record books would be very different.
We beat you. Maybe when we play in rd19, you will have even more injuries. Maybe we will be missing heaps of players. Either way, it will be no excuse for the outcome, regardless of who wins.

Now please go away, you little tool.
Damn, I was actually thinking of starting a thread called "Saints supporters some of the most sensible?" but can't be bother praising tools like this in the process.

JUBJUB said:
Hey,if they can add a hacks like Hamill and Koschithouse in their Excuses List,surely we can include McCarthy. :D

Don't worry, just after I wrote that I thought I probably should have added McCarthy.

dalsanto26 said:
damn we missed gehrig, hamill, powell, penny and losing jones and harvey DID lose us the game

Great teams (ie, ones that win premierships) overcome adversity to achieve their goals. If your team shares your way of thinking they'll never win another premiership - but I don't think they do. Thomas wisely refused to blame injuries.

Injuries prior to the game are irrelevant once the 22 step onto the ground.
One of the signs of a great team is their depth.

Injuries during the game are a factor, and to that extent. St Kilda were more disadvantaged on the day than Geelong.

The concern from St Kilda's perspective would be how dramatic the drop off was. They were easily beaten at stoppages and clearances in the last quarter, and did really seem to drop their heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dalsanto26 said:
harvey/jones/penny all played for a maximum one half. change riewoldt for gehrig, it doesn't matter. and again, i hardly think ottens "holds a candle" near gehrig.
Apples and pears. When was the last time Gehrig had 25 hitouts.

To be perfectly honest, we would have got done easily is the Saints didn't lose those players early like they did.

But having said that, isn't it coincidence that the Saints always have injury concerns when they play the Cats - can't manage their players properly, perhaps?

Hmmm, last time St.Kilda played Geelong with both teams at full strength... we only won by 10 goals...

Meet Geelong... the big pretenders of 2005

Skeptic said:
Hmmm, last time St.Kilda played Geelong with both teams at full strength... we only won by 10 goals...

Meet Geelong... the big pretenders of 2005

So we were at full strength in Rd1 2004

B: Harley, Scarlett, Sanderson
HB: Rahilly, Mooney, Milburn
C: Riccardi, Enright, Kelly
HF: Kingsley, Graham, Haynes
F: Ablett, McCarthy, Bartel
Foll: Chambers, Corey, Ling
Inter: Spriggs, Chapman, Hunt, Rooke

Yep,King and S Johnson wouldn't have been in our best 22. :rolleyes:
Oh,and Ablett.He was named,but I think you'll find he didn't play.

Now I won't mention that Milburn,Sanderson,Graham and Riccardi were all off injured in the 2nd half.

Off you go now and start preparing your Excuse List for when the Eagles thump you.

Already shut down but we got SMASHED by injuries that game, didnt have a player on the bench at all. The next week against the Blues we didnt have a player with over 100 games or something rediculous like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back