News St Kilda to play Port Adelaide in China next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Cathay Pacific are a decent airline.

I remember flying with them in the 90s they used to be very good but kind of forgot about them. They were pretty big back then.

2wco6yt.jpg

Awesome we get to lose in a another country . This time have a billion people not interested in us . And another game handed over to port , every ******* year

It's actually pretty cheap to get there, can do it for about $600 if you go Friday come back Monday. Singapore airlines, pretty interesting city too. I might have to see if I can get the wife to let me go. Hopefully we are s**t next year so the kids don't want to come as well, that will make it not so cheap.

Im planning on winning tattslotto this Saturday so my wife and i will go too . If i win all the money by myself i will be able to pay for others lol, as if im going to win , ive never won anything before lol.

Go Saints

Lethlean is somewhat the golden child at the moment with the fans ... partly because he is front and centre a fair bit of late but this trip to china is the work of Finnis he has been working on this with the AFL , Port and the Vic government for some time now .. Matt will most likely become more visable in the next few weeks as a few of his projects are starting to come to compleation ...

people bag Matt out but he has been fantastic for us since coming to the club

Gets bagged out rightfully so for the way the football dept has been run to date, Plenty also saying he’s done fantastically off field. Re Moorabbin and sponsors

Since I only get to a few games a year watching it on TV won't make a huge amount of difference.

That said - definitely a new jumper needed for this game.

We can go back to our old colours (Red yellow and black) which represent fire, earth and heaven in China

Since red is the most favoured colour (good luck and wealth) I'd go mainly red with yellow and black bands across the chest (black numbers)

Red — Happiness, Success and Good Fortune
Red represents fire and is the most popular color in China. It is also the national color representing happiness, beauty, vitality, good luck, success and good fortune.

Red is famously popular in relation to anything Chinese and is widely used during festivals and important events like weddings.

Yellow — Royalty and Power of the Throne
Yellow — corresponding to earth — symbolizes royalty and is reserved for the emperor.

The first Emperor of China was known as the Yellow Emperor. China was often referred to as 'Yellow Earth', and its mother river is the Yellow River. This is the most important color from an ancient perspective.

In Chinese Buddhism, yellow is associated with freedom from material needs and monks wear yellow robes.

Black
Black corresponds to water and is considered to be a neutral color in Chinese culture and is the color of heaven, symbolizing the northern and western sky. This color represents immortality, knowledge, stability and power.

Are we getting a FengShui expert in to help with our game plan?
No.

We're recruiting Feng Shui and will make him captain, inspired by the deeds of Luke Shuey this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... Gold Coast didnt put any effort into makeing the game work for them ....
Astonishingly so first time around. Their own Chairman Tony Cochrane took jabs at their lack of preparation afterwards although annoyingly I can't find a link. Dozens of stories from 2017 about the pointless pissing contest between Koch and Cochrane re guernseys; but nothing about GC not organising appropriate flights for the team, their lack of game-day infrastructure, or the virtual absence of their fans. However it's worth saying that as far as game day goes they did it competently in 2018.

I think you find that is because Port with AFL approval banned them from doing so .....
Entirely fictional. Interesting double down on the conspiracy theory with joining the AFL into it.

The commercial benefits of doing this are compelling. But it’s not ideal from a football perspective. Imagine if we miss the 8 and we narrowly lost in China, there’d be lots of arrows flung at the club then.

We need to win over there. If that happens all other criticism will be muted.

Personally I’m not wrapped with it but understand the necessity of the club agreeing to do it. In fact I reluctantly applaud them for doing so. The fact that PA gets to have their cake and eat it to is also irritating, but they are the smart ones to organise all this so kudos to them. We need to focus on the benefits to us both in the short and long term.

But it is St Kilda’s home game. So on principle we should get to choose our own jumper. It’s just a little thing but it’s important the club demands this and will be important to our supporters. I’m sure it has already been part of the negotiations between the 2 clubs.

I think one positive for us is that we come in after the experiment has been running for two years. There are obviously things that they've realised don't work - having the bye after the game, for example, will ensure our players are able to get a rest afterwards. We will be prepared for the travel time and ensure that we have good flights etc.

I know it seems kind of desperate, but a lot of the lower clubs sell home games. Look at the Dees who play in Alice and Darwin. Obviously it's a bit different, but if we are going to make 2 million dollars from these games then I can see why we'd play them. That is a lot of money for us.

I remember flying with them in the 90s they used to be very good but kind of forgot about them. They were pretty big back then.
Flew with them to Europe in 91. Great airline back then when HK was under the Brit's.
Also flew from NZ to Australia as a final leg from Argentina in 96 Ansett international. Great airline at the time. Pity they went under.

Flew with them to Europe in 91. Great airline back then when HK was under the Brit's.
Also flew from NZ to Australia as a final leg from Argentina in 96 Ansett international. Great airline at the time. Pity they went under.

Ansett, that's right, I forgot about them. When I was young I went to Bali on an airline called Merpati, they were a syphoning exercise by Suharto's son. We flew in a recycled Ansett plane from the 70s with mismatched seats and luggage doors with out latches. Was happy it landed with it's engines still going. When it was time to leave Bali they got us all off the plane to get money from the ATM to pay the runway tax so we could leave. Didn't have a check in, just a lady holding up a piece of cardboard with the name of the airline misspelt. Walked us across the tarmac about a kilometre with our luggage and kept it on the plane with us. It was an experience, a couple of muslim people were doing prayers in the aisles as the plane took off and a pregnant lady was walking around as we landed. Super cheap though.

Ansett, that's right, I forgot about them. When I was young I went to Bali on an airline called Merpati, they were a syphoning exercise by Suharto's son. We flew in a recycled Ansett plane from the 70s with mismatched seats and luggage doors with out latches. Was happy it landed with it's engines still going. When it was time to leave Bali they got us all off the plane to get money from the ATM to pay the runway tax so we could leave. Didn't have a check in, just a lady holding up a piece of cardboard with the name of the airline misspelt. Walked us across the tarmac about a kilometre with our luggage and kept it on the plane with us. It was an experience, a couple of muslim people were doing prayers in the aisles as the plane took off and a pregnant lady was walking around as we landed. Super cheap though.
Lol a mate of mine used to go to Thailand and almost missed his flight home because he got stuck elsewhere. His only option to get to Bangkok in time was Nepal Airlines.

Reckons the landing was rough and all these cockroaches came out into the cabin.

Interesting side note...

Friends of ours know an international pilot.

He only flies his family on Qantas because he knows they will arrive safely.

He works for another carrier.

The commercial benefits of doing this are compelling. But it’s not ideal from a football perspective. Imagine if we miss the 8 and we narrowly lost in China, there’d be lots of arrows flung at the club then.

We need to win over there. If that happens all other criticism will be muted.

Personally I’m not wrapped with it but understand the necessity of the club agreeing to do it. In fact I reluctantly applaud them for doing so. The fact that PA gets to have their cake and eat it to is also irritating, but they are the smart ones to organise all this so kudos to them. We need to focus on the benefits to us both in the short and long term.

But it is St Kilda’s home game. So on principle we should get to choose our own jumper. It’s just a little thing but it’s important the club demands this and will be important to our supporters. I’m sure it has already been part of the negotiations between the 2 clubs.
Well said
I agree with all of those points

Since I only get to a few games a year watching it on TV won't make a huge amount of difference.

That said - definitely a new jumper needed for this game.

We can go back to our old colours (Red yellow and black) which represent fire, earth and heaven in China

Since red is the most favoured colour (good luck and wealth) I'd go mainly red with yellow and black bands across the chest (black numbers)

Red — Happiness, Success and Good Fortune
Red represents fire and is the most popular color in China. It is also the national color representing happiness, beauty, vitality, good luck, success and good fortune.

Red is famously popular in relation to anything Chinese and is widely used during festivals and important events like weddings.

Yellow — Royalty and Power of the Throne
Yellow — corresponding to earth — symbolizes royalty and is reserved for the emperor.

The first Emperor of China was known as the Yellow Emperor. China was often referred to as 'Yellow Earth', and its mother river is the Yellow River. This is the most important color from an ancient perspective.

In Chinese Buddhism, yellow is associated with freedom from material needs and monks wear yellow robes.

Black
Black corresponds to water and is considered to be a neutral color in Chinese culture and is the color of heaven, symbolizing the northern and western sky. This color represents immortality, knowledge, stability and power.

Can see us getting a lot of support.

D55A3B1D-EB11-47BA-8884-F61C7693C1DC.jpeg

Lol a mate of mine used to go to Thailand and almost missed his flight home because he got stuck elsewhere. His only option to get to Bangkok in time was Nepal Airlines.

Reckons the landing was rough and all these cockroaches came out into the cabin.

Interesting side note...

Friends of ours know an international pilot.

He only flies his family on Qantas because he knows they will arrive safely.

He works for another carrier.

I paid for Qantas last time and they flight shared with Emirates anyway and need up on a different carrier. Still a good airline so no complaints but they trick you these days.

When I was young we had a friend who's dad was a pilot for Lufthansa and he used to talk up Qantas as the safest airline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back