News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Has it been mentioned that the drummers have to practice more and our inaugural Fremantle Stadium Banner was not up to snuff.
The drummers were absolute shite. A disgrace actually.

Block 517 here. Centre wing and stoked with the seats. Surprised by how many of our fans come from western suburbs and karrinyup. Bud after bus absolutely packed. Loved the experience, world class stadium!

The drummers were absolute shite. A disgrace actually.

Block 517 here. Centre wing and stoked with the seats. Surprised by how many of our fans come from western suburbs and karrinyup. Bud after bus absolutely packed. Loved the experience, world class stadium!

Real close. We're 515. Good spot.

So I'm a noob and forgot to reserve my seat for the GC game. Do I just buy tickets on the ticketmaster website like every other non-member would? I can't use my membership for anything can I?

Me too Cam. Absolutely delighted with the Sports Lounge and our seats.
Me also, so glad I opted for the Sports lounge. Great seats, great bar, so good to have a few beers after the game whilst the crowd disperses.
Did take me a while to find my way there though, signs were somewhat confusing.
Only slight gripe was the Western and the Eastern cafes had the same menu, would of liked a better selection.
My worry now is that it is so good I am expecting a hefty price rise next year. Same seats for WC were $1800 plus.

How did everyone go that used the trains yesterday? Was there much of a wait at the stadium station?
Getting there by train is a breeze in my experience. On the way out they still need to work out some kinks. But people would have to be pretty impatient to be too upset about it. If they get the trains lining up properly (across both lines) to meet the demand it should go smooth as. Think once they activate the surrounding area a bit more you'll also have a more staggered trails of people using the transport options both before and after the game.

Me also, so glad I opted for the Sports lounge. Great seats, great bar, so good to have a few beers after the game whilst the crowd disperses.
Did take me a while to find my way there though, signs were somewhat confusing.
Only slight gripe was the Western and the Eastern cafes had the same menu, would of liked a better selection.
My worry now is that it is so good I am expecting a hefty price rise next year. Same seats for WC were $1800 plus.
Yes agreed. I was thinking the same re price. I'd heard the Eagles were paying $1600 but a moot point I guess as either way they are paying a lot more. Mind you they deserve too!;)

Loved the new Stadium. Travel was great on the dedicated buses.
I'm up in the Gods in 529 and thought it was a bit far from the field but actually seeing the whole field was brilliant.

Went to the Supporters club Skyview area and ordered some food.

BIG Mistake. A burger that was the equivalent of a hockey puck. Cheap and Nasty..but expensive. And a "TEX MEX" that was pulled pork with Ultra sweet sauce in a charcoal bun that couldn't hold the gloop. Worst burgers I've had in a longggg time. Hope it improves.

The beer however was fantastic. Even if it was midstrength. And the view was brilliant. Can't wait for the next game. Sames strange they put plants next to the fences at the bus port though...People trample them to get past the crowd. No patience.

BIG Mistake. A burger that was the equivalent of a hockey puck. Cheap and Nasty..but expensive. And a "TEX MEX" that was pulled pork with Ultra sweet sauce in a charcoal bun that couldn't hold the gloop. Worst burgers I've had in a longggg time. Hope it improves.

The beer however was fantastic. Even if it was midstrength. And the view was brilliant. Can't wait for the next game. Sames strange they put plants next to the fences at the bus port though...People trample them to get past the crowd. No patience.
I made the same mistake. :'(

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beer in Sky View Lounge are full strength!

Loved the new Stadium. Travel was great on the dedicated buses.
I'm up in the Gods in 529 and thought it was a bit far from the field but actually seeing the whole field was brilliant.

How did everyone go that used the trains yesterday? Was there much of a wait at the stadium station?

On the way home kt was great, I left after TNT played and got to the station where one train was packed heading to Joondalup, waited 2min it left, then another came which I got on and left within about 5min.

Purple rain. Are you serious. Lol.

Love the Craypot.

Drummers were a waste of time.

Purple Rain was not really the right type of song to pump up the vibe.

The light show after the final siren was good, something different. No probs with me.

I was into the lights and music for the first game. I hope they lose some of the pregame stuff. Its nice the game building up itself.

ABLY lager was absolute sh*te, it was the only beer available at the bar we are near, unsure if they are just under prepared or that's the crap i have to deal with at the stadium

One thing I’d change is to do with public transport. I feel that the bus stops at the bus port should be able to be changed. For example yesterday there was so many people waiting for Fremantle and Hamilton Hill buses. Those two areas and the areas along the way are Freo heartland so are obviously getting lots of people. I’m not sure we have nearly as many fans in Ellenbrook or Morley or other northern bus routes than West Coast. When I got a bus there was almost no buses going through those routes at all. Wouldn’t it make more sense to only use one bus stop for quieter routes and expand the busier ones to suit the event.

So much this.

They needed to add some queuing rails too because we had 2 different lines going to the same bus stop!

I enjoyed the overall stadium experience, but couldn't hear a thing anybody said on the PA before the game. Did anybody else have a problem or am I just going deaf?
Couldn't either.. but im not complaining about that.
Also got home (NOR) quicker via Train to Warwick than i use to via Car.
Anyone here an ACROD user? Or aware of the way the car side of things works? We got told upon leaving that there is a particular entrance/ramp to get in on foot.. but not sure how parking/exiting via Car works, given from what i could see, cars would have had to wait for entire crowds to disburse to leave.

Im happy to keep training, but the Mrs who has an ACROD wants to try the alternative and see which is better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back