Standard of the main board

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton fans treated unfairly .................... :rolleyes:

Some may say that is irony at its best.

Don't you Blooze fans realise Chiefy is a god-damned Carlton supporter???????????

Things that took place like the close Bomber focus group are actually the reason reactions to the Essendon fans from that board are seen as lighthanded compared conversely to Carlton supporter seen trolling that board for example. If posters pretty much were told clearly about this sort of stuff taking place then think there would wholly be a lot less bitching and complaining about certain Essendon supporters being given some favourable treatment as it is very obvious this was done to cater for the specific interests of Essendon supporters in reation to the operation of the hot topic boards.

Things that took place like the close Bomber focus group are actually the reason reactions to the Essendon fans from that board are seen as lighthanded compared conversely to Carlton supporter seen trolling that board for example. If posters pretty much were told clearly about this sort of stuff taking place then think there would wholly be a lot less bitching and complaining about certain Essendon supporters being given some favourable treatment as it is very obvious this was done to cater for the specific interests of Essendon supporters in reation to the operation of the hot topic boards.

What complete and utter rubbish.

From the perspective of some Essendon supporters they were/are being unfairly persecuted and whole board is a troll with official sanction.

From the perspective of some Essendon supporters they were/are being unfairly persecuted and whole board is a troll with official sanction.

And they're right!

Wait, I mean the mod team does not endorse any position on the matter.

In all seriousness, believe me when I say that Essendon posters cop a lot of crap on Hot Topic - the deleted posts attacking Essendon posters probably number in the thousands on there, and it's only been active for a year.

I love these threads. Every 6 months one appears on this board bemoaning the standard of the main board. They are identical to each other.

Harking back to some golden age when civilised discussion flowed and people weren't asses.

The main board is as the main board always has been: a fast flowing river of content of varying quality.

The only thing that changes are people's varying perceptions of the main board.

And they're right!

Wait, I mean the mod team does not endorse any position on the matter.

In all seriousness, believe me when I say that Essendon posters cop a lot of crap on Hot Topic - the deleted posts attacking Essendon posters probably number in the thousands on there, and it's only been active for a year.

Oh yes, Essendon supporters can be both the attackers and the attacked; the smart and the stupid. Fact is Hot Topic board is unpleasant and difficult for many, including the mods, but it is a place that needs to exist while the topic is alive.

Why is that rubbish? Education or information on a matter is beneficial. Allows people to judge the facts on all fours before making a decision. In my opinion it made things like the lesser heavy punishment of Essendon fans become more noticeable and better explained.

Why is that rubbish? Education or information on a matter is beneficial. Allows people to judge the facts on all fours before making a decision. In my opinion it made things like the lesser heavy punishment of Essendon fans become more noticeable and better explained.

Who said they were punished less?

It's utter rubbish because Essendon fans are treated like any other poster. They do not get any preferential treatment.

It goes like this, Dymot.

You are positing that Essendon Fans get off lightly on the Hot Topic Board. And you are implying, perhaps, that is is sanctioned and a result of 'discussions'.

Some Essendon fans believe the inverse is actually at play. Indeed, they believe the whole existence of the board is a massive troll in itself set out to make their lives a misery.

I totally reject your contention. Out of hand.

Indeed, at worst, I find it insulting, both for the efforts the mods put in on a daily basis on the board, and for the other initiatives we've put in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please direct me to where you have knowledge of what punishments have been handed out to Essendon fans. If you put as much effort as you have in this thread to your MB posting then perhaps you wouldn't spend so much time off it.

It's rubbish because what you have said is 100% false.
Until you get appointed as a mod you have no idea just how much of your own time you're volunteering behind the scenes to keep the place running as smooth as possible.
Not much offends me but it is actually incredibally annoying and offensive when people who are completely ignorant of the facts try and tell us what we are and aren't doing.

Please direct me to where you have knowledge of what punishments have been handed out to Essendon fans. If you put as much effort as you have in this thread to your MB posting then perhaps you wouldn't spend so much time off it.

Snap!

It's rubbish because what you have said is 100% false.
Until you get appointed as a mod you have no idea just how much of your own time you're volunteering behind the scenes to keep the place running as smooth as possible.
Not much offends me but it is actually incredibally annoying and offensive when people who are completely ignorant of the facts try and tell us what we are and aren't doing.
Yeah so when you are involved in a shitfight with an Essendon poster who is coming back with comments equally as abusive/non mb worth y etc and there is only one who is thread banned (which was not the essendon supporter hilariously) you have to shake your head and wonder. Also again I got back to wookie post where he received mass likes off people fro non essendon background where he commented on essendon supporters getting moderating penalties. I think there is two that say enough right there.

Also as for the standards of posting the irony is it is some of the worse posters (based on the bogus definition it relates to infraction) are actually the better posters.

Yeah so when you are involved in a shitfight with an Essendon poster who is coming back with comments equally as abusive/non mb worth y etc and there is only one who is thread banned (which was not the essendon supporter hilariously) you have to shake your head and wonder. Also again I got back to wookie post where he received mass likes off people fro non essendon background where he commented on essendon supporters getting moderating penalties. I think there is two that say enough right there.

Also as for the standards of posting the irony is it is some of the worse posters (based on the bogus definition it relates to infraction) are actually the better posters.

You miss the part where the Essendon board hated me for a very long time - many a nasty thing was said about me there - or the countless conversations Ive had with people from both sides that have accused me of biased moderating. Plus I get mass likes from non essendon people all the time. Im a popular guy.

you guys get to talk about how unfairly you are treated and how the mods are big and bad. So no surprise you feel your fellow exhiled posters are the best

Yeah so when you are involved in a shitfight with an Essendon poster who is coming back with comments equally as abusive/non mb worth y etc and there is only one who is thread banned (which was not the essendon supporter hilariously) you have to shake your head and wonder.

In a two person shitfight, it's much easier to just ban the more disruptive/abusive poster of the two. ;)

Except that they clearly can't stay within the rules...

In a two person shitfight, it's much easier to just ban the more disruptive/abusive poster of the two. ;)

Except that they clearly can't stay within the rules...
Doesn't mean they are bad poster for not simply staying within the rules. As for banning the more disruptive of the two it sets a double standard.

Again, you can't see posters' infraction records. Or the hundreds of rubbish posts we delete every single day.

Your contention that Essendon supporters get preferential treatment is erroneous and wrong.

Doesn't mean they are bad poster for not simply staying within the rules. As for banning the more disruptive of the two it sets a double standard.
1. It does mean exactly that; they're generally posting poorly.

2. No it doesn't.

Im not wanting to be the guy that points out the obvious, but this is kind of the definition of being a bad poster.
Really? The bay 13 meltdown thread which fyfie enjoyed immensely fits exactly into this category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back