Opinion Standing Tall

Remove this Banner Ad

bunter

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great to be playing finals again. One of the things I love about finals are how the individuals react to the extra pressure, the hype and expectations. The line often spoken is “born to play finals”, who do you think from our team will lift, inspire and carry us forward? He might be an unsung hero who won’t lose a one on one, he might be a game breaker or he might come to the fore as a natural leader when the chips are down.
I have a feeling young Maynard will be a rock, Taylor Adams will take it by the scruff of the neck and WHE will showcase his polish and skills.

Oh yeah, let’s not forget Jordy, if anyone was born for it......

Great to be playing finals again. One of the things I love about finals are how the individuals react to the extra pressure, the hype and expectations. The line often spoken is “born to play finals”, who do you think from our team will lift, inspire and carry us forward? He might be an unsung hero who won’t lose a one on one, he might be a game breaker or he might come to the fore as a natural leader when the chips are down.
I have a feeling young Maynard will be a rock, Taylor Adams will take it by the scruff of the neck and WHE will showcase his polish and skills.

Oh yeah, let’s not forget Jordy, if anyone was born for it......
All of them!

Pendlebury
De Goey
Sier!
Grundy
Treloar
Howe

The guys that have stepped up all year: Langdon, Maynard, Grundy, Adams, Sidebottom, Pendles, De Goey, Stephenson and Mihocek. They all have a habit of finding something special and I reckon they keep on doing it in the finals. Sier might be good for a special quarter.

Three for me.

Adams

De Goey

Stephenson

I would most love it to be pendles. I love to think he's just been cruising along and will just go up gears now that things have got serious.

But if it was a case of cometh the hour cometh the man? Mason Cox.

Treloar is a wildcard . Could dob goals from 50 on the run regularly now that the bear will be feeding him long handballs to outside position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really looking forward to anyone on the day stepping up. We clearly have a few good big game players like Sidey, JDG, and Stephenson.

Hoping guys like Crisp, Maynard, Phillips, Langdon and WHE go to another level this month.

I think despite his illness the week off will have done Pendles the world of good, and he can be the player of the finals. It is just great to be talking about this after so many years of being focused on trades, draft and coaches in September.

Don't forget how good Sidey has been in finals in the past as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back