State of Origin State of Origin 2014 Team Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course there is one in-form 7, currently playing some of his best footie for a club near the top of the ladder, whom I assume is eligible.

I refer, of course, to Luke Walsh at St. Helens. :D

Of course there is one in-form 7, currently playing some of his best footie for a club near the top of the ladder, whom I assume is eligible.

I refer, of course, to Luke Walsh at St. Helens. :D

I could play well in the ESL...this is the same comp that Chris Thorman was a so called 'great'....

Looks like Qld team has already been decided.

1. Slater
2. Tate
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Gillett
12. Guerra
13. Parker

14. Cherry-Evans
15. Teo
16. McQueen
17. Papalii

18. Lillyman

Still think Dugan will be Fullback ?

He should be, but I'm happy he won't be. Still believe that Hayne like Inglis can play just as well in the centres, and he is the best centre NSW have!

The Official Queensland Origin squad is:

1. Billy Slater (Storm)

2. Darius Boyd (Knights)

3. Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs)

4. Justin Hodges (Broncos)

5. Brent Tate (Cowboys)

6. Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)

7. Cooper Cronk (Storm)

8. Matt Scott (Cowboys)

9. Cameron Smith (Storm)

10. Nate Myles (Titans)

18. Chris McQueen (Rabbitohs)

12. Matt Gillett (Broncos)

13. Corey Parker (Broncos)

Interchange

14. Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles)

15. Aidan Guerra (Roosters)

16. Ben Te’o (Rabbitohs)

17. Josh Papalii (Raiders)

19. Will Chambers (Storm)

20. Jake Friend (Roosters)

He should be, but I'm happy he won't be. Still believe that Hayne like Inglis can play just as well in the centres, and he is the best centre NSW have!
Parramatta beat the Dragons 36-0 on Saturday.The reason I point that out is that, watching Dugan play was like having teeth pulled.Twice in the first half, Dugan elected to take the tackle rather than seize the 3 on 2 overlap to his right.Add a disallowed try and the Dragons could have had a sizable lead by halftime.Dugan passed the ball once in the whole game.And that was from dummy-half.Mind you, that's one pass more than he made last year in Origin.Dugan reminds me of Terry Hill, who in 1998 (maybe '99) passed the ball once in the whole series.And he was already bundled into touch when he threw that pass.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there are forwards in the NRL with a better passing game than Dugan. He has his strengths, but a passing game isn't one of them.

NSW: Hayne, B Morris, J Morris, Jennings, Tupou, Reynolds, Hodkinson, Woods, Farah, Tamou, Scott, Hoffman, Gallen. Res: Merrin, Watmough, Williams, Lewis

I like that team. Probably the best we could get on board. Not sure on Beau Scott but word is he's in great form. Hard to follow the league too closely from down in Melbourne. If he's in the form I'm reading then I'll back the selectors in.

Hodg/Reynolds halves also means Tupou gets a run who is playing real well. It also means we don't have to play Richards or Moloney who are ok players but don't fill you with confidence at origin level.

Feeling slightly better about this now then I was last week.

Feel for Dugan and Brett Stewart but Hayne is just playing so well at football you gotta put him there and Dugan and Stewart aren't better wingers than the guys we've got. Jorge Taufua must have been close as well.

Bird and Cordner are massive outs but will be back, and our six back rowers are pretty good. Definitely our strength.

Anyone know what the story with Tim Grant is? Looked the biz a couple of years ago but has fallen into the background.

Last edited:
No real surprises given what we have been reading this past week.

Anyone know what the story with Tim Grant is? Looked the biz a couple of years ago but has fallen into the background.

If Woods puts in another performance like last year, id happily slot Grant in for game II should Fifita still be out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Woods puts in another performance like last, id happily slot Grant in for game II
last origin or last week? yeah we was found out a bit in origin. just didn't seem like he was strong enough to get through the lines. will be better for the experience but needs to start stepping up.

seen tigers a couple of times this year and woods has been great.

last origin or last week? yeah we was found out a bit in origin. just didn't seem like he was strong enough to get through the lines. will be better for the experience but needs to start stepping up.

seen tigers a couple of times this year and woods has been great.

*Last Origin, his been good at puffing his chest out and sledging this year, lets see how he goes game I

Beau Scott is playing well but he has been owned by inglis in origin before.

Their is nothing worse then losing state of origin to a NSW man. Especially considering the concept was changed to stop NSW dominating interstate series by picking the best players from NSW clubs which included qlders.

Hodkinson will be interesting to watch. As said earlier he doesn't have the class of most Origin half backs, but NSW doesn't have anyone in that category. If we did they'd be in. But he is playing the best of all our eligible halfbacks (Albert Kelly aside who wasn't really in the frame), he's an excellent goal kicker and I think Josh Reynolds is our best option at number 6 regardless of who was picked at 7 so the club combination obviously helps.

Also noticed Melbourne set for a game in 2015. Cue ******* idiots from my state about how we are getting robbed a home game. It ******* rages me cause it makes us look stupid and like sore losers.

2009 - 1 each, game in Melbourne, 2010 - 2 home games in NSW, 2011 - 2 in Qld, 2012 - 1 each, game in Melbourne, 2013 - 2 in NSW, 2014 - 2 in Qld, 2015 - 1 each, game in Melbourne.

It's not hard to see that it's rolling on a three year cycle.

Also noticed Melbourne set for a game in 2015. Cue ******* idiots from my state about how we are getting robbed a home game. It ******* rages me cause it makes us look stupid and like sore losers.

2009 - 1 each, game in Melbourne, 2010 - 2 home games in NSW, 2011 - 2 in Qld, 2012 - 1 each, game in Melbourne, 2013 - 2 in NSW, 2014 - 2 in Qld, 2015 - 1 each, game in Melbourne.

It's not hard to see that it's rolling on a three year cycle.

Still think it is ridiculous though, Melbourne has SFA to do with a NSW/QLD match. Honestly if someone in Melbourne wants to watch the game, jump on a plane. I am just 'happy' as it is another "home" game for QLD but still it is ridiculous that a game between two States are held in another State!

Still think it is ridiculous though, Melbourne has SFA to do with a NSW/QLD match. Honestly if someone in Melbourne wants to watch the game, jump on a plane. I am just 'happy' as it is another "home" game for QLD but still it is ridiculous that a game between two States are held in another State!
yeah i can see that point of view but that is a separate issue. the games in melbourne have drawn extremely good crowds so whilst that continues they will push down there.

my beef is with people who think it's taking home games away from any state and if the current state of affairs continue it will always be two years after the NSW have 2 home games and thickheads from NSW start crapping on about how we aren't getting our "home" series.

Beau Scott is playing well but he has been owned by inglis in origin before.
We are going to miss Glenn Stewart. His running at Inglis has been effective in shutting down his influence in games.I can't see anyone there who, next week, will be able to do that job.

NSW: Hayne, B Morris, J Morris, Jennings, Tupou, Reynolds, Hodkinson, Woods, Farah, Tamou, Scott, Hoffman, Gallen. Res: Merrin, Watmough, Williams, Lewis

I like that team. Probably the best we could get on board. Not sure on Beau Scott but word is he's in great form. Hard to follow the league too closely from down in Melbourne. If he's in the form I'm reading then I'll back the selectors in.

Hodg/Reynolds halves also means Tupou gets a run who is playing real well. It also means we don't have to play Richards or Moloney who are ok players but don't fill you with confidence at origin level.

Feeling slightly better about this now then I was last week.

Feel for Dugan and Brett Stewart but Hayne is just playing so well at football you gotta put him there and Dugan and Stewart aren't better wingers than the guys we've got. Jorge Taufua must have been close as well.

Bird and Cordner are massive outs but will be back, and our six back rowers are pretty good. Definitely our strength.

Beau Scott and Ryan Hoffman know that no matter how well they go next week, they'll be punted to make way for Bird and Cordner.
Hoffman has had zero impact in Origin.Cameron Smith knows his play backwards and, as you should, uses that knowledge to his advantage.Smith owns Hoffman in origin.I can't see next week being any different.

LOL at Jonathon Thurston accusing NSW of making Mitchell Pearce the scapegoat for previous losses.

"Pearce has played plenty of Origins and has been instrumental in their success"

How did he not crack up laughing while he said that ?

5 Doggies. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back