Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood only moved their logo above the sponsor last season, but it sits pretty higher and is very small. On both designs, the sponsor sits directly in line with the AFL logo, which is AFL mandated.

Here it Collingwood in 2018 not treating their club with respect by having it under their sponsor.
View attachment 791592

Here is Collingwood with it above the sponsor, now obviously treating it with respect.View attachment 791596

Moral of the story, the placement of the logo is not going to sit directly opposite from AFL logo like many want since thats not allowed to happen. And as these picutes illustrate, it doesnt really matter whether it is above of below the sponsor. Neither design choice to respecting the club more. You dont like it down the bottom, but having the logo up next to the players shoulder isnt great either. Whats more important is that our logo remains on the jumper rather thats its specific placement.

I stand partially corrected. Either way, the club can't put the crest where we all want it to be.

The Crest goes over the heart. The AFL dictates where the sponsor logo goes so it cant be placed in that position therefore below the sponsor logo is as close as you're going to get. Above the sponsor logo like Collingwood have done would look wrong (and frankly their 2018 placement looks a hell of a lot better than their 2019 placement),

At the end of 2010 at the AGM I remember someone asking about the crest, and why it had become so small. A long time ago obviously, but the response was that the league had introduced rules about how large a club's logo could be, and where it could be placed, and going from our own designs since and other clubs', it basically means you can have the smaller version above or below the sponsor on the chest, or a larger version in the middle of the jumper (i.e. the apron design of 2007/08).

I don't think any of those rules seem to have changed, and it's really diluted the St Kilda jumper. The crest was such a unique and bold feature in the league for so long.

Since 1995 (oddly, only for some weeks, when we wore a jumper with black cuffs and a white collar) the crest has been outside of the black box in varying positions either side of the logo (and initially without the font), but gradually getting smaller. This is from a practice match in 1995 (and probably the first time we ever wore the jumper with the logo sitting out on its own):
27610 (1).jpg

Also oddly, we brought the logo back into line with the AFL logo for all of the first six round of 2014, and then moved it back for Round 7 onwards without any mention or acknowledgement from the club.

321895.jpg

Last edited:
Someone tell Collingwood. They have their logo(rightly) above the sponsor, although it is smaller.
Say what you will about the Pies, but at least they treat their club colors and brandings with the respect they deserve. I wish we would do the same.
The Saints logo is the most important part of the Guernsey. Having it shoved under a s**t looking logo is poor.
Anyway, as expected the Deliveroo logo is totally s**t with horrid colors. Don’t like the Dare logo below the neck there, but it’s somewhat fitting as I often spill my Dare Ice Coffee on that spot anyway.

I love the away jumper.
Eddie’s going to have a sh*t fit when our two clash jumpers clash.
Can’t wait 🍿

Not much you can do with the Deliveroo green unfortunately but I do wish it wasn’t jutting into the white panel.

Ah well... $$$$

Not sure how I feel about the dare logo where it is but hopefully lots of money coming in with 3 sponsors
I spend a bit of time lurking around the " Jumpers & graphic design thread" . Not posting , just lurking:cool:
The boys over there are passionate as all faarrk about the slightest little bit of change or new design to a jumper.
Some are crazy scary passionate ( you know who you are :p )
But they sure know their s**t when it comes to jumpers I'll give them that.
Apparently that little Dare logo is a huge deal in the scheme of things.
W_gLZHkV.jpeg
Selling that little jumper manufacturer's space to a sponsor has never been done before. I think the Sun's are planning to do it as well?
So even though it is rather unobtrusive and about the same size as the ISC logo would have been the boys over in that thread are wondering if this is just the beginning of another sponsor being added to the front of all the AFL jumpers eventually.
And hopefully its not gradually getting bigger and heading down the path of some of the shocking NRL and soccer tops covered in sponsors.
So the jury is out. Is it a good bit of groundbreaking revenue for a progressive thinking club??
Or just the start of making jumpers more cluttered??

I think all jumpers would go that way.

TBH I think it would look better if we swapped the Dare logo and our Crest. Make both bigger (and shrink the ******* deliveroo logo so it stops hanging!!!) and it would be fine.

Geezuz that Deliveroo logo looks s**t house. If anyone from the club is reading - I am actively NOT going to start using Deliveroo because of this. Menulog and Uber Eats have me covered ;)

At the end of 2010 at the AGM I remember someone asking about the crest, and why it had become so small. A long time ago obviously, but the response was that the league had introduced rules about how large a club's logo could be, and where it could be placed, and going from our own designs since and other clubs', it basically means you can have the smaller version above or below the sponsor on the chest, or a larger version in the middle of the jumper (i.e. the apron design of 2007/08).

I don't think any of those rules seem to have changed, and it's really diluted the St Kilda jumper. The crest was such a unique and bold feature in the league for so long.

That's rule sucks. It's more than simply a crest on a jumper, it's an integral design feature. Our jumper looks so plain without it, and you're right, shrinking it has diluted the club's brand.
I wish we can go back to a modern version of this... older style crest and all.
OF240912SG%2034.jpg

The way that Deliveroo logo hangs off the edge of the black panel annoys me so much...

I just hope that they are paying big big bucks to have the logo there and that big.

I like many wish that the crest was bigger.........it just looks absolutely awesome.

I think back to when I got my first Saints long sleeved woollen jumper......yes we are going back decades........the crest looked fantastic.

Those were the days when the crest was the only thing on the jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spend a bit of time lurking around the " Jumpers & graphic design thread" . Not posting , just lurking:cool:
The boys over there are passionate as all faarrk about the slightest little bit of change or new design to a jumper.
Some are crazy scary passionate ( you know who you are :p )
But they sure know their s**t when it comes to jumpers I'll give them that.
Apparently that little Dare logo is a huge deal in the scheme of things.
View attachment 792549
Selling that little jumper manufacturer's space to a sponsor has never been done before. I think the Sun's are planning to do it as well?
So even though it is rather unobtrusive and about the same size as the ISC logo would have been the boys over in that thread are wondering if this is just the beginning of another sponsor being added to the front of all the AFL jumpers eventually.
And hopefully its not gradually getting bigger and heading down the path of some of the shocking NRL and soccer tops covered in sponsors.
So the jury is out. Is it a good bit of groundbreaking revenue for a progressive thinking club??
Or just the start of making jumpers more cluttered??
Are you serious that some have melts over a jumper ,* they need to seek some help and take a nap.
Its got Red White and Black on it so its fine with me , after all does anyone really think it makes us play better , if anyone thinks it does well the club has got it wrong for the last 50 plus years ,
I do understand its a forum but for some to get so worked up over a jumper ,,

Collingwood only moved their logo above the sponsor last season, but it sits pretty higher and is very small. On both designs, the sponsor sits directly in line with the AFL logo, which is AFL mandated.

Here it Collingwood in 2018 not treating their club with respect by having it under their sponsor.
View attachment 791592

Here is Collingwood with it above the sponsor, now obviously treating it with respect.View attachment 791596

Moral of the story, the placement of the logo is not going to sit directly opposite from AFL logo like many want since thats not allowed to happen. And as these picutes illustrate, it doesnt really matter whether it is above of below the sponsor. Neither design choice to respecting the club more. You dont like it down the bottom, but having the logo up next to the players shoulder isnt great either. Whats more important is that our logo remains on the jumper rather thats its specific placement.

You cant be serious mate , Collingwood are filth but this is the club that tells the AFL to * off when they try and tell them what jumper they should wear , Collingwood not treating their jumper with respect lol , thats your take on it well good for you but im guessing if a journo wrote a story about the saints for doing the same thing and said we have no respect for our jumper you would go mental

You cant be serious mate , Collingwood are filth but this is the club that tells the AFL to **** off when they try and tell them what jumper they should wear , Collingwood not treating their jumper with respect lol , thats your take on it well good for you but im guessing if a journo wrote a story about the saints for doing the same thing and said we have no respect for our jumper you would go mental
That was a sarcastic comment in reference to whomever I replied to who said Collingwood always treat their jumper and history with respect because their logo is above their sponsor, and that by us not doing that means we are not respecting the crest. I just pointed out that it hasn't always been like that for Collingwood, and it makes zero difference on the jumper nor is it a statement on the clubs respect for its history. You should probably read the whole conversation before making comments like this.

That was a sarcastic comment in reference to whomever I replied to who said Collingwood always treat their jumper and history with respect because their logo is above their sponsor, and that by us not doing that means we are not respecting the crest. I just pointed out that it hasn't always been like that for Collingwood, and it makes zero difference on the jumper nor is it a statement on the clubs respect for its history. You should probably read the whole conversation before making comments like this.
Yes true , sorry mate , i tried reading the thread but i kept falling asleep

Are you serious that some have melts over a jumper ,**** they need to seek some help and take a nap.
Its got Red White and Black on it so its fine with me , after all does anyone really think it makes us play better , if anyone thinks it does well the club has got it wrong for the last 50 plus years ,
I do understand its a forum but for some to get so worked up over a jumper ,,
They are a bit more serious about jumper design than the average punter on here mate . But each to their own. Nothing wrong with being passionate.

But yeah I'm not that fussed myself.
I like white collar and cuffs but when we sometimes switch to black for a season or two I'm like meh!! Whatever.
Sure the big green deliveroo box on this jumper ain't great but meh!! The jumper still looks like a Saints jumper to me.
Anyway i'd be more than happy to win a flag in a s**t house looking jumper.
For the record I think our new clash strip looks mint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back