Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

The red is too much. Essendon tried it and it looks horrid.
Since when? Essendon have done it with their home jumper (and the already horrid fat sash) and the mismatch looked horrid, however it looks fine on Sydney and Gold Coast which the red crusader is much more like.

At the game today, jumpers looked perfect! George is right. Just like 97/98 without the red bottom and back. Really great spectacle!

My son saw it and wants it straight up, if the kids want them they nag the folks til they get it..... Designers job done. If it's too similar to the last one mum and dad say it's the same as the one you have already.

I didn't think it would be good but watching the replay late tonight and I think it does the job really well.

A few tweaks here and there and it would definitely work long term. But we all know in 2 years the club will change again (hopefully to the candystripe circa 2005)

I love it. It is different and suits us! I can't see the negatives.
Even if there are negatives. Its a clash jumper. We will probably only use it for a season or two so Meh!!
Its not perfect but Blades didnt exactly have a lot of time to toss around ideas.
It looked ok on the TV IMO.
I dont mind it:thumbsu:

Looks really horrid especially the mismatching collar and cuffs, all white or all black guys FFS.

Also the sizing looks really loose for some reason looks like the players are wearing kits a couple of sizes too big.

Why couldn't we go with something like this and just experiment with pre-season and training jumpers?

View attachment 342334
Those Home and Away strips are perfect. That's peak St Kilda jumpers. :fire::fire::fire:

I'm right onboard the white crusader now.

I was doubtful to start with, but seeing the game on the weekend, and the photos in the media, I'm a fan.
Not a crusader it doesn't have the red at the bottom, plus the collar is just all sorts of wrong.

If the collar was white I could be OK with it for 2 seasons but it's still sub-optimal there's altering a design slightly to meet AFL approval and then there is butchering it, the faux-candy was the former the !crusader is the latter.

Last edited:
Even if there are negatives. Its a clash jumper. We will probably only use it for a season or two so Meh!!
Its not perfect but Blades didnt exactly have a lot of time to toss around ideas.
It looked ok on the TV IMO.
I dont mind it:thumbsu:
It doesn't take much time and effort to realise that the collar on it should have been white.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't take much time and effort to realise that the collar on it should have been white.
I immediately thought this also, part after seeing them I'm not so nit picky. Can understand the want to have coloured tops and predominantly white bottoms and backs. Makes sense from a design / clash perspective.

You say this as if there is a right and wrong. Design doesn't work that way. Stop speaking definitively as if you're an expert.
Dude whilst design might be highly subjective there are still rules/guidelines as to what makes a good design. There most definitely are rights and wrongs.

Dude whilst design might be highly subjective there are still rules/guidelines as to what makes a good design. There most definitely are rights and wrongs.

It's wrong to design something for print in RGB. It's wrong to design a pixel based logo. There is no right and wrong in colour choice if it's informed. That's your personal opinion, and you're welcome to it, but don't act as if that opinion is the only correct decision and others are stupid or incompetent for not agreeing.

It's wrong to design something for print in RGB. It's wrong to design a pixel based logo. There is no right and wrong in colour choice if it's informed. That's your personal opinion, and you're welcome to it, but don't act as if that opinion is the only correct decision and others are stupid or incompetent for not agreeing.
:rolleyes:

My son saw it and wants it straight up, if the kids want them they nag the folks til they get it..... Designers job done. If it's too similar to the last one mum and dad say it's the same as the one you have already.
NAIL.... HEAD :thumbsu:

Thats exactly the point mate.
Us footy tragics on here will fill up 400 pages talking about " i want a black/ white collar " or " i think the logo should be moved by 3.5mm".
But the average footy punter looks at it and goes " Meh! Its ok i guess" and life goes on.
And kids go " Daaaaaaaad i want one".

NAIL.... HEAD :thumbsu:

Thats exactly the point mate.
Us footy tragics on here will fill up 400 pages talking about " i want a black/ white collar " or " i think the logo should be moved by 3.5mm".
But the average footy punter looks at it and goes " Meh! Its ok i guess" and life goes on.
And kids go " Daaaaaaaad i want one".
Shitty argument, kids would also want it if the collar was white or if the jumper was red.

Shitty argument, kids would also want it if the collar was white or if the jumper was red.
You do realize that just because YOU personally prefer a different style of jumper it doesnt mean the designers or the club are a pack of incompetent idiots cos they dont agree with your preference?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back