Stephen Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Essendon set to swoop on Stephen Hill at #5

Pfft, we should sack our recruting manager if we pass on any one of them if available. As for passing on all four ...
Hey I just Responding to a Question

i like hill, but for a top 10 pick, god no. Reminds me of a rich-mans danyle pearce.
Would like him at 18, provided swift isn't available.
With the future in doubt for egan and the lack of a dominant KPF, i hope like hell geelong go for a KPP at 15, and melbourne get a ruckman at 17. Really want swift. Rich like potential at a fraction of the cost.

i am hoping a bit of a smokey goes top 10. Will really shake things up and should ensure oen of Sidebottom or Swift can slip to Collingwood.

1 pick could completely stir the pot. Could see someone who was ranked a top 5 pick slip to pick 10+. If Port dont take Vickery, he may slip to pick 8 at Richmond, i know they are keen.

I would be looking at Freo's Pick if West coast take Nic Nat, pretty sure Rich is not interested in playing for them.

I would be looking at Freo's Pick if West coast take Nic Nat, pretty sure Rich is not interested in playing for them.

That just sounds weird to me. He may hate the club because he's a massive Eagles supporter but would they really not select him over that?

Laycock despised Essendon pre-draft and wanted to get drafted by any club other than them.

If that's the case, he wouldn't be the only one to make such a statement. Several other WA players have suggested that they would prefer NOT to be drafted by Freo.

Please don't interpret that as an attack on Freo; not my style. Just reporting what Ive been told on good authority.

If that's the case, he wouldn't be the only one to make such a statement. Several other WA players have suggested that they would prefer NOT to be drafted by Freo.

Please don't interpret that as an attack on Freo; not my style. Just reporting what Ive been told on good authority.

There is no doubt in my mind that a large portion of WA youngsters would rather go to the Eagles, but surely if Rich has a choice of Port or Freo he would prefer us

Meh, who cares what they want. Most of them wouldn't have a clue anyway. McKinley cried when he got drafted to the eagles, but he's still there. I bet Pav didn't want to come to Freo, but that hasn't stopped him spending his entire career (at least so far) and adult life here. If they want an AFL career, they'll be happy to get picked up by any of the 16 teams.

That isn't being disputed, of course most will just be happy to get a go.

However, the difference between your examples and Daniel Rich is that McKinley and Pavlich were not from WA. It's somewhat concerning when a WA boy doesn't want to be drafted by a WA club.

Well, I guess unless someone actually knows his reasoning for not wanting to be at Freo, it's very difficult to know whether it's concerning or not. AFAIK he's a mad weagles supporter, so that may be his issue and it's hardly something to be concerned about.

I wasnt specifically referring to Rich, rather the concept of WA boys wanting to moving over east over playing for Freo. I know of 2 others WA boys who have said similar things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Myers preffered to go about his business in a town where the focus was on Kruezer, Cotchin ect rather than be the high profile pick in a 2 team town.

He's just going to go about it quietly and discreetly then one day all of a sudden pop up and be one of the best players in the league :D:cool:

You have always been a big fan of his.

He is very highly thought of within Essendon.

I think it's not only his on-field ability; he's a great kid/young man.

Also like the way he plays his footy. I knew he was something special when he was an on field leader in WAFL league as a 17 year old.

Hill seems to divide opinion. Some think that he is gong to be the next Peter Matera and others think he will be an undersized HBF

Who compared him to Peter Matera? Whoever did that is crazy.

Personally I like the Steven Koops comparison better. :D

Yeah I don't see that comparison either. Hill (seems to) play like he's on speed - action action action, sometimes tending to be a bit raggedy. Matera was anything but ragged, very neat & composed.

Yeah I don't see that comparison either. Hill (seems to) play like he's on speed - action action action, sometimes tending to be a bit raggedy. Matera was anything but ragged, very neat & composed.

Is this going from the Vic Metro game?... because that was the exception rather than the norm with Hill.

Although these type of comparisons always look very farfetched and lofty, I don't think the Matera comparison is too bad ... but as with all young players he'll make his own way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back