Recommitted Brad Hill [OOC 2024] - reportedly open to a trade, links to North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

They'd probably have to. I don't think anyone other than some Saints fans thinks paying Hill big bucks for at least the next two years is beneficial for them. They're in no man's land list wise.

Nobody over 30 other then Campbell, the backup ruck. Not as bad as you think. What happens this trade period will have an impact on the club if we don't get it right though.

Nobody over 30 other then Campbell, the backup ruck. Not as bad as you think. What happens this trade period will have an impact on the club if we don't get it right though.

Over 30 is a bit of an arbitrary cut off point. You very much have an age demographic of a contender (King aside) without being anywhere close to that.

Why would we be desperate to salary dump Hill unless we have some huge contract coming in? He has two years left on his deal.

Why would we be desperate to salary dump Hill unless we have some huge contract coming in? He has two years left on his deal.
Nothing to suggest we are. Only word from the club has been that we want to keep him.

Also, every report has been the Clarko is the one to approach Hill. How does a rival coach approaching a contracted player become a salary dump?

I doubt you guys desperately need to offload Hill, though his output is far lower than his paycheck. You have signed many of your best players on long term contracts. You may be looking to restructure these if they are back ended or front load them if not in order reduce their value when you next see yourselves as challenging.

Edmund now saying that St Kilda might actually give North a pick to take Hills salary.

Now for “Operation Clark trade go longer”….

Edmund said: “the Saints will crack at any moment - Purple Monkey Dishwasher”.

An alternative is they could have decided this list won't make it, and are aggressively looking for a reset.

Clear out someone on big coin who they don't believe will be part of their next tilt, to make way for younger talent.

An alternative is they could have decided this list won't make it, and are aggressively looking for a reset.

Clear out someone on big coin who they don't believe will be part of their next tilt, to make way for younger talent.
Maybe but we aren't being linked with anyone.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens, it seems Clarko was a big factor for him so there might be some water to go under the bridge now regardless.

I have no inside knowledge - but I get the impression that Hill's salary vs output has caused some friction with other players at the club. You can imagine the issues with coaches asking the list to go hard, pressure and put their bodies on the line, when the highest paid player is a squib.

Hill wouldnt have had a contact injury his entire playing history consequently IMO he is a 'culture killer'.

I understand that Ratten doesnt want to lose him - god knows why? However with the current issues surrounding Clarkson, I think Hill will do a back flip and remain at the Saints.

If he does I hope that Ratten stops playing him as a HBF and returns him to the wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's coming to North I'd want much more than that. Bowes is on less coin and GC are willing to involve pick 7.

It may involve a former pick 7.

If he's coming to North I'd want much more than that. Bowes is on less coin and GC are willing to involve pick 7.
Yeah but GC treat draft picks like confetti which isn't really comparable with St Kilda.

Sounds like Brad & his 900k contract are staying in Moorabbin. Source Colin Young.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back