Recommitted Tarryn Thomas [OOC 2024] - Staying at North

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be upset if we took Gold Coast pick 5 for him. Has the talent to be the best player in the comp hopefully he matures and gets his s**t together but if he stuffs up and gets delisted that’s a better outcome than taking a second round pick for him.

Did you just quote me as saying “we get a top 10 pick regardless”? I quite clearly (in that I wrote it) said we might get two top ten picks for two players people think are s**t. It had nothing to do with what I thought was a win or not and certainly nothing to do with what people on the North board think because we don’t actually have a hive mind.

I also wasn’t making “a deal”. I’m was just saying it won’t be cheap which is a perfectly fine comment to make for a contracted top ten draft pick in career best form.

At that, I know your heart isn’t in this one so I won’t accuse you of slipping.
And the people you were paraphrasing (you might want to look that word up it'll help solve your confusion over being called out for your false bravado) weren't making deals for McKay, they were just making a perfectly fine comment on what the value of an average KPD is.

And the people you were paraphrasing (you might want to look that word up it'll help solve your confusion over being called out for your false bravado) weren't making deals for McKay, they were just making a perfectly fine comment on what the value of an average KPD is.

Is this your first conversation with a human being, boncy boo?

I'm not the one running away from discussing the points being raised. :)

I’m right here, waiting for you to make a tangible point.

I get you don’t want Thomas. I don’t want you to have him. We’re actually on the same page.

I’m right here, waiting for you to make a tangible point.

I get you don’t want Thomas. I don’t want you to have him. We’re actually on the same page.
I made several. You resorted to this.
Is this your first conversation with a human being, boncy boo?
I'd point out the hypocrisy on you claiming your waiting for others to make tangible points but calling out your hypocrisy lead us here so....... 🤷‍♂️

I made several. You resorted to this.

I'd point out the hypocrisy on you claiming your waiting for others to make tangible points but calling out your hypocrisy lead us here so.......

Well you’ve been bouncing off invisible walls mate over something I have no idea. Have you missed me this much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Champion Data dude reckons he was the 6th highest rated player in the competition for the past month.

Jacob Hopper was traded for more than pick 8, and he was a lesser talent who was out of contract.

Its now hard to see how any deal for TT gets done until next year, unless there are significant issues that haven't become public.

This has all Adrian Dodoro's fingerprints all over it.

Essendon will offer North way overs to get band 1 compo for McKay in exchange for getting a significantly under deal for a player that is somewhat expendable. Tarryn Thomas fits that bill as someone North wouldn't be sad about letting go it would seem.

Im non plussed, has talent but has baggage. If we get him for under (F3, Port second after we possibly receive for BZT, or even our F2) then that could be "fair" value.

This has all Adrian Dodoro's fingerprints all over it.

Essendon will offer North way overs to get band 1 compo for McKay in exchange for getting a significantly under deal for a player that is somewhat expendable. Tarryn Thomas fits that bill as someone North wouldn't be sad about letting go it would seem.

Im non plussed, has talent but has baggage. If we get him for under (F3, Port second after we possibly receive for BZT, or even our F2) then that could be "fair" value.
Essendon fans still not understanding that we don’t need to trade a player for unders to secure band 1 compo for McKay.

Have they not realised Hawks or Sydney are going to be paying band 1 without any trades attached?

This is classic Essendon brain thinking lol.

Essendon fans still not understanding that we don’t need to trade a player for unders to secure band 1 compo for McKay.

Have they not realised Hawks or Sydney are going to be paying band 1 without any trades attached?

This is classic Essendon brain thinking lol.
Alternatively Hawthorn and Sydney are two of the best run organisations who will pay a premium for gun players. McKay is the KPD equivalent of Darcy Parish. Nice, available but not worth what the very best are worth.

Alternatively Hawthorn and Sydney are two of the best run organisations who will pay a premium for gun players. McKay is the KPD equivalent of Darcy Parish. Nice, available but not worth what the very best are worth.
Spot on. But the market isn’t dictated by ‘raw’ value. It’s dictated by supply and demand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back