Recommitted Elliott Himmelberg [OOC 2024] [Trade Requested to GWS - didn’t get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not going to argue over a late pick for EH.

We (almost) never do, we (mostly) just get trades done.

Shiel, Hately & Jezza among the few we took right to the wire.
Comparatively, that's quite a few trades that you've fought out. I think you're one of the clubs that gets a bit feisty around trade time, which is one of the reasons you're most supporters' second favourite team.

That's bull, the only time that's happened was with Bryce Gibbs and you know very well there was interference from the CEO in that whole crappy deal. Thankfully that CEO was shown the door soon after.
Many Crows fans argue the same about Rankine - a decision made VERY early in trade week, and prior to GCS just giving away a similar pick for nothing but salary cap.

Keath and Greenwood were senior footballers given away for scraps.

There's no reason to talk about Reid like he's Dodoro.

Comparatively, that's quite a few trades that you've fought out. I think you're one of the clubs that gets a bit feisty around trade time, which is one of the reasons you're most supporters' second favourite team.
Comparatively not ... we've been involved ina LOT of players being traded out

I reckon this one gets done pretty easily. Not sure if he will get games but I guess a big preseason and a new atmosphere might help him break out a little more.

I don't think I've seen much of him tbh but size and style he is maybe an upgrade on Keefe.

I reckon this one gets done pretty easily. Not sure if he will get games but I guess a big preseason and a new atmosphere might help him break out a little more.

I don't think I've seen much of him tbh but size and style he is maybe an upgrade on Keefe.
Think the Crows will be happy to trade Berg if we trade in a similar player like Choi.

Think he will benefit from a change of scenery.

I agree. Should be a very easy deal to push through, with the only slight complication being he's contracted to the Crows for another season.

But the Giants want him and he wants to go, and presumably Adelaide won't be losing any sleep over him wanting greater opportunities, given he's not going to get that at the Crows.

Was it confirmed at the time?

Contracted KPF/backup ruck not quite able to push his way into the highest scoring forward line in the league. 10 feels about right, maybe a sweetener on top.

Seriously though, our only concern is we believe we’re contending and will be down to only 1 backup ruck if he goes. I think we’ll drive a hard bargain unless we get his replacement in first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think so. Get that empty chips packet ready.

F3 or F4 is plenty, we don't need any more picks this year

We’ll flick you pick 70 or thereabouts. He doesn’t want to be there. Take what you’re given.
Lol I read that in such an aggressive tone it made me laugh.

Surely his brother can teach him to do SOMETHING for us. Kingsley has made many guys on our list that were looking average into really serviceable roleplayers.
Keefe, Xavier O'Halloran, Bedford (pick 40ish)

Riccardi was pretty non competitive at the start of the year and Kingsley sent him back to the 2s with clear notes to work on. Comes back and finishes the year strong and earns a contract.

I like that they are into E.Himmelberg for a specific position though. Bodes well.

The way it reads is that as long as Adelaide achieve some cover in his position (ie Burgess from GC and maybe Chol), then we are happy to let him head across and it would be for a F3 or something fairly nominal

GWS list manager has stated they approached Adelaide a long way out and have had good discussions

Elliott Himmelberg (Adelaide)

“We’d really like to (get him into the club) as a positional need… we had some really good chats with Adelaide a fair way out because this one is a little bit different because you need to be quite mindful and respectful that Elliott still has a year left on his contract before he becomes a free agent, so we’ll continually work through that.

“I know Adelaide’s got a little bit on their plate, maneuvering and doing a few things at the moment, they’d love to have some coverage in that position if he was to leave.

“We see it as an opportunity. It’d be a role and position that the club’s done really well with someone like Lachie Keeffe over a long period of time, Elliott is a similar size and plays a variety of positions, he can really add value to the group at 25 years of age.”

I’m not sure it’ll be as easy some some think. Nothing to do with price, simply we are low in ruck stocks as it is and would be crazy to trade a contracted ruck option if we haven’t brought another in first. Not sure 194cm Burgess fills that need so it may be reliant on us landing Chol?

We’ll flick you pick 70 or thereabouts. He doesn’t want to be there. Take what you’re given.
You're talking out your ass, if he didn’t want to be here he wouldn’t have re-signed, he’s looking at leaving for more game time

Last edited:
I’m not sure it’ll be as easy some some think. Nothing to do with price, simply we are low in ruck stocks as it is and would be crazy to trade a contracted ruck option if we haven’t brought another in first. Not sure 194cm Burgess fills that need so it may be reliant on us landing Chol?
Burgess can be a 2nd ruck, but he couldn't lead.

I think we draft a kid and maybe take a rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back