Recommitted Elliott Himmelberg [OOC 2024] [Trade Requested to GWS - didn’t get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Orange Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I think we'd take him for a fair price but if Reid wants do his usual stuff we won't bother. Unfortunate for the player because he looks a bit pushed down the order with guys drafted since he arrived.

Mostyn

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're not going to argue over a late pick for EH.

We (almost) never do, we (mostly) just get trades done.

Shiel, Hately & Jezza among the few we took right to the wire.
Comparatively, that's quite a few trades that you've fought out. I think you're one of the clubs that gets a bit feisty around trade time, which is one of the reasons you're most supporters' second favourite team.

Mostyn

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we'd take him for a fair price but if Reid wants do his usual stuff we won't bother. Unfortunate for the player because he looks a bit pushed down the order with guys drafted since he arrived.
Reid's usual stuff is to roll over and pay up, so you should be fine.

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Reid's usual stuff is to roll over and pay up, so you should be fine.
That's bull, the only time that's happened was with Bryce Gibbs and you know very well there was interference from the CEO in that whole crappy deal. Thankfully that CEO was shown the door soon after.

Mostyn

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's bull, the only time that's happened was with Bryce Gibbs and you know very well there was interference from the CEO in that whole crappy deal. Thankfully that CEO was shown the door soon after.
Many Crows fans argue the same about Rankine - a decision made VERY early in trade week, and prior to GCS just giving away a similar pick for nothing but salary cap.

Keath and Greenwood were senior footballers given away for scraps.

There's no reason to talk about Reid like he's Dodoro.

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Comparatively, that's quite a few trades that you've fought out. I think you're one of the clubs that gets a bit feisty around trade time, which is one of the reasons you're most supporters' second favourite team.
Comparatively not ... we've been involved ina LOT of players being traded out

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Many Crows fans argue the same about Rankine - a decision made VERY early in trade week, and prior to GCS just giving away a similar pick for nothing but salary cap.

Keath and Greenwood were senior footballers given away for scraps.

There's no reason to talk about Reid like he's Dodoro.
Of course the decision was made early, we headhunted Rankine and he agreed to come, you forget this wasn't a player who was pissed off at the Sun's he just wanted to come home to be with family, in fact by all accounts he was happy with the Suns. Bowes was never, ever agreeing to come Adelaide he stipulated a Melbourne club or he was happy to stay, and why not on the excessive contract he had with the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PaythePerryman

All Australian
Oct 13, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
I reckon this one gets done pretty easily. Not sure if he will get games but I guess a big preseason and a new atmosphere might help him break out a little more.

I don't think I've seen much of him tbh but size and style he is maybe an upgrade on Keefe.

Kane McGoodwin

Make me an Admin!
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I reckon this one gets done pretty easily. Not sure if he will get games but I guess a big preseason and a new atmosphere might help him break out a little more.

I don't think I've seen much of him tbh but size and style he is maybe an upgrade on Keefe.
Think the Crows will be happy to trade Berg if we trade in a similar player like Choi.

Think he will benefit from a change of scenery.

Jeremias

Sep 26, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton

I agree. Should be a very easy deal to push through, with the only slight complication being he's contracted to the Crows for another season.

But the Giants want him and he wants to go, and presumably Adelaide won't be losing any sleep over him wanting greater opportunities, given he's not going to get that at the Crows.

Was it confirmed at the time?

1970crow

TheBrownDog
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Contracted KPF/backup ruck not quite able to push his way into the highest scoring forward line in the league. 10 feels about right, maybe a sweetener on top.

Seriously though, our only concern is we believe we’re contending and will be down to only 1 backup ruck if he goes. I think we’ll drive a hard bargain unless we get his replacement in first.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Don't think so. Get that empty chips packet ready.

F3 or F4 is plenty, we don't need any more picks this year

Mostyn

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
We’ll flick you pick 70 or thereabouts. He doesn’t want to be there. Take what you’re given.
He's contracted and happy, you d!ckhead.

If we can get a replacement and we get something remotely reasonable - like an F3 - then we're happy for him to go play with his brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back