Recommitted Elliott Himmelberg [OOC 2024] [Trade Requested to GWS - didn’t get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see it.
Too many better versions of him coming through with Derksen, Cadman, Gruz and Caddy once we take him

He's won 3 or 4 games from bursts of goals at critical moments, but doesn't stay in games and missed entire games.

Makes me think of the gap between the McKay brothers and just how rubbish the North one is, who will get pick three for him.

Himmelberg is better than the Carlton one too, truth be told, both inconsistent, the Carlton one is more embarrassing, though.

You can have him for nothing if we get a replacement depth, Chol or Soldo.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's won 3 or 4 games from bursts of goals at critical moments, but doesn't stay in games and missed entire games.

Makes me think of the gap between the McKay brothers and just how rubbish the North one is, who will get pick three for him.

Himmelberg is better than the Carlton one too, truth be told, both inconsistent, the Carlton one is more embarrassing, though.

You can have him for nothing if we get a replacement depth, Chol or Soldo.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Soldo won't come to sit behind O'Brien

Well. He's tall. Very good at being tall.

But seriously, he's a depth player who we'd hoped would come on more. Tricky role as part time forward part time ruck part time back. Perhaps a different environment would be the kicker for him. He's not going to break into the Crows forward line but does show glimpses - with some consistency he could be a good pickup.

Goodwill pick would do it I'd think, we could use the list space.

Well. He's tall. Very good at being tall.

But seriously, he's a depth player who we'd hoped would come on more. Tricky role as part time forward part time ruck part time back. Perhaps a different environment would be the kicker for him. He's not going to break into the Crows forward line but does show glimpses - with some consistency he could be a good pickup.

Goodwill pick would do it I'd think, we could use the list space.
I'm pretty sure getting Elliot was part of Harry's new contract. Harry pays him out of his own wallet ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume he just comes in and plays Keefe's role until Cadman or Aleer push him out?

For a token pick it's a solid deal. He's at least as good as Keefe and a reset might spark something in him.

I assume he just comes in and plays Keefe's role until Cadman or Aleer push him out?

For a token pick it's a solid deal. He's at least as good as Keefe and a reset might spark something in him.
That’s my thoughts.
And to add we do have a habit of trading in others supposed dregs and turning them around. Bedford this year.
Matt Deboar, Keefe and others in the past.

Last edited:
For a late pick I wouldn't mind him at the Saints TBH.

I think that FF/Ruck role is something that we lack with Cordy playing in defence. Our best form was with King/Cordy forward.

Trade value would be a packet of Samboy Salt n Vinegar chips
I feel as if you are undervaluing Samboy Salt n Vinegar chips. We'd have to send something back to even it out.

I'd be thinking Thins cheese and onion is closer to value to be honest.

Hes as soft as butter. If you can stick a rocket up his arse he could contribute otherwise he's just a slow plodder. Id take a free list spot as compensation tbh.

Frampton was out of contract and not wanted by the club, Himmelberg is contracted and nowhere has it been stated we want him gone. He's had 3 2 year extensions since we drafted him so no reason to think we don't see him as anything less than decent depth re a KPF than is a very decent chop out in ruck.
Yeah contracted or uncontracted doesn't really matter for guys like this who clearly have no future at their current club and have limited upside. Future 3rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back