Recommitted Elliott Himmelberg [OOC 2024] [Trade Requested to GWS - didn’t get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

PaythePerryman

All Australian
Oct 13, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
We’ll flick you pick 70 or thereabouts. He doesn’t want to be there. Take what you’re given.
Lol I read that in such an aggressive tone it made me laugh.

Surely his brother can teach him to do SOMETHING for us. Kingsley has made many guys on our list that were looking average into really serviceable roleplayers.
Keefe, Xavier O'Halloran, Bedford (pick 40ish)

Riccardi was pretty non competitive at the start of the year and Kingsley sent him back to the 2s with clear notes to work on. Comes back and finishes the year strong and earns a contract.

I like that they are into E.Himmelberg for a specific position though. Bodes well.

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The way it reads is that as long as Adelaide achieve some cover in his position (ie Burgess from GC and maybe Chol), then we are happy to let him head across and it would be for a F3 or something fairly nominal

GWS list manager has stated they approached Adelaide a long way out and have had good discussions

Elliott Himmelberg (Adelaide)

“We’d really like to (get him into the club) as a positional need… we had some really good chats with Adelaide a fair way out because this one is a little bit different because you need to be quite mindful and respectful that Elliott still has a year left on his contract before he becomes a free agent, so we’ll continually work through that.

“I know Adelaide’s got a little bit on their plate, maneuvering and doing a few things at the moment, they’d love to have some coverage in that position if he was to leave.

“We see it as an opportunity. It’d be a role and position that the club’s done really well with someone like Lachie Keeffe over a long period of time, Elliott is a similar size and plays a variety of positions, he can really add value to the group at 25 years of age.”

Eddie Murphy

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m not sure it’ll be as easy some some think. Nothing to do with price, simply we are low in ruck stocks as it is and would be crazy to trade a contracted ruck option if we haven’t brought another in first. Not sure 194cm Burgess fills that need so it may be reliant on us landing Chol?

Mostyn

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m not sure it’ll be as easy some some think. Nothing to do with price, simply we are low in ruck stocks as it is and would be crazy to trade a contracted ruck option if we haven’t brought another in first. Not sure 194cm Burgess fills that need so it may be reliant on us landing Chol?
Burgess can be a 2nd ruck, but he couldn't lead.

I think we draft a kid and maybe take a rookie.

Rory Walkerfield

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
i‘ll be ecstatic if we get a F3 for himm.

have GWS ever had to use a pick as late as a 3rd rounder (except for points)?

Mostyn

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
What a weird post.
So you agree he doesn’t want to be there.
Hence why he is looking to leave.
What a weird post. He said that he wants to be there, because the re-signed as recently as last year.

That's pretty strong evidence he wants to stay. There's no evidence yet he wants to leave (even if most of us think this happens pretty easily).

madjoe

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2022
AFL Club
Gold Coast

plenty of back up plans. hayes from port,

Colonial

Premium Gold
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
What a weird post. He said that he wants to be there, because the re-signed as recently as last year.

That's pretty strong evidence he wants to stay. There's no evidence yet he wants to leave (even if most of us think this happens pretty easily).
stronger evidence is that he is dealing with the Giants to leave.
That shows he doesn’t want to stay.
Unless of course he is mentally irregular.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol… it’s not about Hately. It’s about the AFC. All good though. What goes around comes around.
No, Adelaide actually had his value right. It was GWS who over valued him. It's obvious now that he was not worth what GWS wanted for him, so you should be questioning GWS list managers on why they thought he was worth an early second rounder.
Adelaide was correct. GWS was wrong.
But, like I said, if you want him, he is yours to grab for the same price we paid for him, which is overs.

Colonial

Premium Gold
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
No, Adelaide actually had his value right. It was GWS who over valued him. It's obvious now that he was not worth what GWS wanted for him, so you should be questioning GWS list managers on why they thought he was worth an early second rounder.
Adelaide was correct. GWS was wrong.
But, like I said, if you want him, he is yours to grab for the same price we paid for him, which is overs.
You played silly buggers because you had the number 1 pick.
Let’s not bullshit about some clairvoyance about the future.
Adelaide thought they were getting a gun for zero trade.
Patting yourselves on the back.

Turns out he was a spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orange Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS

Isn't requesting a trade away strong evidence that he wants to leave?

Cameron_Jezza

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong

Would you extend his contract though?
If somebody is offering him I assume a contract for 2024,25,26 then he would take it. If he plays next year at Crows and doesn't play AFL maybe nobody offers him a contract for 2025/26.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back