Recommitted Elliott Himmelberg [OOC 2024] [Trade Requested to GWS - didn’t get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

What a weird post.
So you agree he doesn’t want to be there.
Hence why he is looking to leave.
What a weird post. He said that he wants to be there, because the re-signed as recently as last year.

That's pretty strong evidence he wants to stay. There's no evidence yet he wants to leave (even if most of us think this happens pretty easily).

I’m not sure it’ll be as easy some some think. Nothing to do with price, simply we are low in ruck stocks as it is and would be crazy to trade a contracted ruck option if we haven’t brought another in first. Not sure 194cm Burgess fills that need so it may be reliant on us landing Chol?

plenty of back up plans. hayes from port,

What a weird post. He said that he wants to be there, because the re-signed as recently as last year.

That's pretty strong evidence he wants to stay. There's no evidence yet he wants to leave (even if most of us think this happens pretty easily).
stronger evidence is that he is dealing with the Giants to leave.
That shows he doesn’t want to stay.
Unless of course he is mentally irregular.

Lol… it’s not about Hately. It’s about the AFC. All good though. What goes around comes around.
No, Adelaide actually had his value right. It was GWS who over valued him. It's obvious now that he was not worth what GWS wanted for him, so you should be questioning GWS list managers on why they thought he was worth an early second rounder.
Adelaide was correct. GWS was wrong.
But, like I said, if you want him, he is yours to grab for the same price we paid for him, which is overs.

No, Adelaide actually had his value right. It was GWS who over valued him. It's obvious now that he was not worth what GWS wanted for him, so you should be questioning GWS list managers on why they thought he was worth an early second rounder.
Adelaide was correct. GWS was wrong.
But, like I said, if you want him, he is yours to grab for the same price we paid for him, which is overs.
You played silly buggers because you had the number 1 pick.
Let’s not bullshit about some clairvoyance about the future.
Adelaide thought they were getting a gun for zero trade.
Patting yourselves on the back.

Turns out he was a spud.

Only once …. For Jesse hogan
GWS has actually used third rounders or later to useful effect in the draft, more recently these include: Jeremy Finlayson, Matt Flynn, Matt de Boer, Zac Langdon, Nick Shipley, Connor Idun, Jake Riccardi, Jacob Wehr, Josh Fahey ... funnily enough about once a draft on average!

Would you extend his contract though?
If somebody is offering him I assume a contract for 2024,25,26 then he would take it. If he plays next year at Crows and doesn't play AFL maybe nobody offers him a contract for 2025/26.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's bull, the only time that's happened was with Bryce Gibbs and you know very well there was interference from the CEO in that whole crappy deal. Thankfully that CEO was shown the door soon after.
I found that weird that crows got rid of Bryce Gibbs with a year to go on his contract.

Saying that, no issues with him playing for my SANFL club in 2021, South Adelaide Panthers nearly made a Grand final off the back of him and JHF!

Burgess to the crows now puts this trade back on you’d think
Don't think so as Burgess was more defensive cover with loss of Doedee.

This trade was more contingent on the Crows bringing in a forward/ruckman option like Choi, who we missed out on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back