Scandal Stephen Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Old KB very bitter & twisted man - boy could he hold a grudge!

From an ex Tigers coterie member - KB bid for a signed tennis racquet (can’t remember who) at a Save our Skins function - never came good with the cash and laughed off all attempts to collect!

From a saints supporter, who’s coach bailed on them… and then they took him back 😂

Tigger triggered.

GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Went to fundraisers for the blues back in the day. Gambling nights where they aimed to squeeze every dollar out of you, anyway most of the boys were pretty good,relaxed except for bloody sos. He was put on the door to collect the entrance fee (there was some pretty good “entertainment “ throughout the night) .
Went to 3-4 of them and he would never join in,relax , have a laugh, suck piss, cut a long story short, not one of the lads. Complete wet blanket. Must put in a good word for the captain of the day, old sticks....perfect host. Absolute ripper.

Went to fundraisers for the blues back in the day. Gambling nights where they aimed to squeeze every dollar out of you, anyway most of the boys were pretty good,relaxed except for bloody sos. He was put on the door to collect the entrance fee (there was some pretty good “entertainment “ throughout the night) .
Went to 3-4 of them and he would never join in,relax , have a laugh, suck piss, cut a long story short, not one of the lads. Complete wet blanket. Must put in a good word for the captain of the day, old sticks....perfect host. Absolute ripper.
Wonder why him and Ross Lyon seem so tight, other than both being berks

Would have been an interesting team to play in, It appears Greg Williams was the the worst bloke out of the lot.

Never seem to hear a bad word about Sticks, seems like he was a great captain to play for.

SOS was making alias accounts all throughout his List Manager tenure at Carlton, justifying his drafting and recruitment results.
What are you talking about?

There is no need to justify the drafting of SPS, Dow, Fisher, Stocker, O Brien and the various high paid recruits. Inspired and shrewd recruiting. 10/10.

It's Cain Liddle's fault Carlton are in their position. And Brad Lloyd...I hate that guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you talking about?

There is no need to justify the drafting of SPS, Dow, Fisher, Stocker, O Brien and the various high paid recruits. Inspired and shrewd recruiting. 10/10.

It's Cain Liddle's fault Carlton are in their position. And Brad Lloyd...I hate that guy
SOS,
I loved your work on the footy field.
I loved the list you built at the blues!
Say Gday to RTB for me.
Cheers

He's certainly painted as one here

- As everybody knows, he sat outside in the car recently while the rest of the family joined Jack in the Carlton rooms for his 100th game

- Doesn't get on with any of his former teammates except Craig Bradley. “The hardest thing in the world would be to reunite the ’95 premiership team members,” one former Blue said. “A lot of that is because of SOS.”

- When Brendon Bolton dropped Jack, Stephen cracked the shits and stopped talking to him. Fairly amazing behaviour for a list manager toward a senior coach

- Cain Liddle therefore decided SOS had to go. SOS just ignored him and decided he only had to answer to the president (and his good friend) Mark LoGiudice.

- LoGiudice eventually had to sack SOS himself, bit of a bizarre thing for a president to have to do, but it's like SOS wouldn't accept it from anybody else. He left and no longer speaks to LoGiudice

- Brian Cook, who replaced Liddle as Carlton CEO in 2022, says he is somewhat confused and disappointed by the strained relationship with the club great. “In a nutshell I haven’t spent a lot of time on it, I’ve asked various people and got various commentary,” Cook said. “If someone said to me to try to explain the relationship, I couldn’t."

Is this some sort of hit job? Is there another side to the story or is he just a dickhead?
His wife is a glory hound idiot too

i dont understand this. is SOS seen as a knob because he came clean over the salary cap breaches? is that where all this stems from?
No, I think he is seen as a knob because he's a knob.

Not being one of the lads doesn't make someone a knob.

Although he doesn't like a generous or kind hearted kind of guy.

I also wear shorts sometimes in winter and am also a knob. Once you start to break it down There’s something in this theory I reckon.

Yeah, but on the other hand I don't wear shorts, even in summer, and am renowned as knob by everyone who knows me, so the theory does miss that permutation.

Nothing especially juicy mate. I've met a few throughout my life from SANFL to AFL level and some you talk to you understand how they inspire men to greater things...Bolton was sort of like the opposite of that. I get that people will think "but but Hawthorn" but from the times I spoke with him, I was happy when I could get away*

*To be fair, he probably thought the same thing about me
Fascinating... The ol' jockey with a chip on the shoulder ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back