Universal Love Steve Hocking has retired as AFL operations manager

Remove this Banner Ad

In before Gary Rohan is gifted mark of the year.

I'm sure SHocking acted truly independently and in the interests of the game, and not his next employer...

But McLachlan reportedly made it clear that Hocking, who did not see this coming, would have to leave immediately. For a start, the game would not accept the future Cats CEO overseeing match review decisions by Michael Christian. Only weeks earlier, to give one example, Geelong captain Joel Selwood was fined $1000 for punching Bailey Dale in the head when some had argued that Selwood should have been suspended.

todays Age

For anyone who hasn't had much to do with workplace references:
Considered praise is the best kind. You can be damning with faint or brilliantly glowing praise. Gill went with the latter.

Effective immediately in absolute non-fiction.

It was clear as day 3 ******* years ago that Hocking was a biased campaigner working with Chris Scott and their mate Gerard Whateley to change the rules to benefit Geelong.

All 3 had the exact same messaging about the state of the game etc., Gerard was their media mouthpiece.

Geelong are probably the best run club in the game too, a decision like Brian Cook leaving isn’t done on a whim, they knew a long time ago when he’d leave and who they would target as his replacement.
Hocking replacing Cook was planned a long time ago.

I'm sure SHocking acted truly independently and in the interests of the game, and not his next employer...

But McLachlan reportedly made it clear that Hocking, who did not see this coming, would have to leave immediately. For a start, the game would not accept the future Cats CEO overseeing match review decisions by Michael Christian. Only weeks earlier, to give one example, Geelong captain Joel Selwood was fined $1000 for punching Bailey Dale in the head when some had argued that Selwood should have been suspended.

todays Age
2 fines out of Thursdays night game is a good indication to me the MRO is enjoying a bit of breathing room

It was clear as day 3 ******* years ago that Hocking was a biased campaigner working with Chris Scott and their mate Gerard Whateley to change the rules to benefit Geelong.

All 3 had the exact same messaging about the state of the game etc., Gerard was their media mouthpiece.

Geelong are probably the best run club in the game too, a decision like Brian Cook leaving isn’t done on a whim, they knew a long time ago when he’d leave and who they would target as his replacement.
Hocking replacing Cook was planned a long time ago.

Gerard Whateley is unbearable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beware the scatters...
Getting favourable MC rulings...free kicks for Puskins Porkins/Duckswoods/Dangersflops...
Intro new untrialled AFL rules that favour the footy style of their aging scat stars...
Control the Media narrative...that these rules are crap...sound of crickets in the Media...
Update their football ground with new seating...but still keep the sheet Oval dimensions...agin bending the rules to suit themselves...what about a standard footy size for footy Ovals...or do the scatters ignore that as well...how many years now that they have had time to change the dimensions to 'normal'...
Won't be long after their new seating is completed that they will cry for Finals to be played at Kitty Litter Park...

Beware the scatters...
Getting favourable MC rulings...free kicks for Puskins Porkins/Duckswoods/Dangersflops...
Intro new untrialled AFL rules that favour the footy style of their aging scat stars...
Control the Media narrative...that these rules are crap...sound of crickets in the Media...
Update their football ground with new seating...but still keep the sheet Oval dimensions...agin bending the rules to suit themselves...what about a standard footy size for footy Ovals...or do the scatters ignore that as well...how many years now that they have had time to change the dimensions to 'normal'...
Won't be long after their new seating is completed that they will cry for Finals to be played at Kitty Litter Park...
Shooting themselves in the foot as they struggle to play on normal size grounds, makes the 7,9 & 11 premierships pretty special.

Beware the scatters...
They have been crying for years …. But there was never a problem when they were belting the Tigers for fun… it became unfair when we started hitting back …. 👊

Ruined the game completely. Changed the rules to suit the club he is moving to. At least make it less obvious.
u do understand that any rule changes have 2 get gillon's nod & get the a.f.l commissions imprimatur? as i've said our loss of form had more 2 do with injuries 2 key players, some like lynch losing form, and not adapting. not a popular view but i like the 6-6-6 rule , the no tolerances 2 abusing umps & the stand rule it's opened up the game. looking 4 simple excuses doesn't cut it.

How the AFL rubber stamped this Ill conceived rule is beyond me , it is a blight on the game as it serves as a disruptor to a more fluid game as it looks more like netball ,, is that what they wanted
Yep that’s exactly what they wanted

u do understand that any rule changes have 2 get gillon's nod & get the a.f.l commissions imprimatur? as i've said our loss of form had more 2 do with injuries 2 key players, some like lynch losing form, and not adapting. not a popular view but i like the 6-6-6 rule , the no tolerances 2 abusing umps & the stand rule it's opened up the game. looking 4 simple excuses doesn't cut it.
Rubbish, the no tolerance to abuse is another abused rule watch the games over the weekend, and watch our game against carltoon

Rubbish, the no tolerance to abuse is another abused rule watch the games over the weekend, and watch our game against carltoon
I didn't watch too much of the Footy on the weekend but I saw a bit of the Saints game. Paddy Ryder was giving the ump an earful after one decision, no 50 metre penalty.

I didn't watch too much of the Footy on the weekend but I saw a bit of the Saints game. Paddy Ryder was giving the ump an earful after one decision, no 50 metre penalty.
That rule only applies to Richmond players

And then the Adelaide player gets belted in the head, turns to the umpire and asks a legitimate question… fifty and taken to the goal square!

And then the Adelaide player gets belted in the head, turns to the umpire and asks a legitimate question… fifty and taken to the goal square!
Hard to tell without hearing what he said if it was warranted, and given swearing is being mentioned as being demostrative it didn't surprise me when I saw it, even though I agree it didn't appear to be offensive.

Was interesting to hear Kath Laughlin ask Del tonight if the stand rule needs to go after the Bulldogs gave up to 50m penalties which resulted in goals lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back