Discussion StK v Adel

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure they'll give him every chance, and he is a mad bugger, but I can't see it. Aside from the fracture, he's had a shocking preparation sitting in a car for 30 hours.

Throughout Robert Harvey long and prestigious career, he has always reserved his best for the fight against Adelaide. They may well decide to put a hard tag on him - as he has been damaging to them over their entire existence. That sort of damage eventually gets noticed :).

Throughout Robert Harvey long and prestigious career, he has always reserved his best for the fight against Adelaide. They may well decide to put a hard tag on him - as he has been damaging to them over their entire existence. That sort of damage eventually gets noticed :).
I hope they do. He should wear out the taggers leaving our midfield to run riot in the latter parts of the game.:D

Saints unveil plans for Robert Harvey Tribute Game celebration

Alistair Hogg 9:03 AM Fri 22 August, 2008

The St Kilda Football Club is delighted to announce the line up of tributes to celebrate the famous number 35’s illustrious career this Sunday.

St Kilda’s Round 21 clash against Adelaide at the Telstra Dome on August 24 is the Saints’ final home game of the season and will thus be an opportunity to thank retiring great Robert Harvey for 21 seasons of unquestioned commitment and dedication to the red, white and black.

12:00pm – Adelaide v St Kilda 05’ Qualifying Final highlights played on big screen

1:40pm – Robert Harvey highlights package played on big screen

1:50pm – Giant #35 jumper unfurled as former players take to the field to form guard of honour

2:00pm – Saints enter the arena and join guard of honour

2:10pm – Robert Harvey tribute game commences

In addition to this, the club has produced 20,000 Robert Harvey souvenir placards for distribution throughout the Telstra Dome which feature his iconic #35, as well as career stats and honours. Tribute magazines will be available to purchase for $10, as will other special pieces of merchandise and memorabilia that can be purchased on the day or ordered through the club.

The team will also be wearing special edition jerseys for the game featuring a small but classy tribute to the #35. Each game worn jersey will be signed by Robert Harvey, the corresponding player and will be auctioned at www.saints.com.au in the coming week.

The centerpiece of the celebrations however will be the special guard of honour and the unveiling of a giant 12 x 8 metre #35 St Kilda jumper that will fall from the rafters just prior to the team running out. Some 210 Saints have played alongside Robert Harvey throughout his illustrious career and many of these players will be present on the day to help add to the momentous occasion.

Archie Fraser, CEO of the St Kilda Football Club said, “The club has been working tirelessly to ensure this Sunday’s game is a truly memorable occasion for one of the Saints’ greatest ever servants. Robert is one of the most passionate, decorated players in the history of the game and we wanted to celebrate the day with the class and respect that he deserves.

“I urge all St Kilda members, supporters and football fans in general to come out in force on Sunday to pay tribute to a true champion of the game.”
http://saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Default.aspx?newsid=66041
Should be an awesome spectacle. :thumbsu:

ST KILDA v ADELAIDE
St Kilda
B:
Sean Dempster, Sam Fisher, Jason Gram
HB: Brendon Goddard, Max Hudghton, Jason Blake
C: Sam Gilbert, Nick Dal Santo, Lenny Hayes
HF: Robert Harvey, Nick Riewoldt, Robert Eddy,
F: Clint Jones, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne
Foll: Steven King, Andrew McQualter, Leigh Montagna
I/C: Adam Schneider, James Gwilt, Charlie Gardiner, Raphael Clarke,

EMG: Xavier Clarke, Shane Birss, Jarryd Allen
No changes

ST KILDA v ADELAIDE
St Kilda
B:
Sean Dempster, Sam Fisher, Jason Gram
HB: Brendon Goddard, Max Hudghton, Jason Blake
C: Sam Gilbert, Nick Dal Santo, Lenny Hayes
HF: Robert Harvey, Nick Riewoldt, Robert Eddy,
F: Clint Jones, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne
Foll: Steven King, Andrew McQualter, Leigh Montagna
I/C: Adam Schneider, James Gwilt, Charlie Gardiner, Raphael Clarke,

EMG: Xavier Clarke, Shane Birss, Jarryd Allen
No changes

Jeez that's a surprise. Expected at least one change.

Is that Sammy on the wing!!? :thumbsu:

Aaaarrrrgghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Here I was thinking they would get the team right for sure this week.

Milney would have to be doubtful, and if the Saints do what they did to Harvey in the Syndey game (clearly played under duress and had about 5 possessions that night) I will absolutely spew.

And if X is not a better option at half-forward than Chucky I will vomit double.

And Shane "Cursed" Birss? s**t, I only have bile left in my stomach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vomit.jpg

Aaaarrrrgghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Here I was thinking they would get the team right for sure this week.

Milney would have to be doubtful, and if the Saints do what they did to Harvey in the Syndey game (clearly played under duress and had about 5 possessions that night) I will absolutely spew.

And if X is not a better option at half-forward than Chucky I will vomit double.

And Shane "Cursed" Birss? s**t, I only have bile left in my stomach.

Snap out of it, Squizz. Do I have to hand out a pants-on-head warning?

No dudes, I'm with Squizz on this one. Even assuming Milney does play, are we seriously to believe that a fit X or Birss is not a better option than Chuck? C'MON!!!!!!

Only reasonable explaination i can think of is it's his final chance to show what he is capable of. Or perhaps there is no need to change a winning formula even though he and some others were hardly spotted.

Neither Birss nor X Clarke played for Casey today. There has been quite some hype about Milne playing, but you never know with Lyon and his secretive approach - there may be some late changes after all...

How about;
"Underate Birrsy at you own mercy"

I think Birssy should be called "New Tricks".

As in he was an old dog (Ex Bulldogs) and now with the Saints.

Well 7 once again decides to stooge us out of what would have been the greatest theme song singing of the year, so I suggest we re-enact it ourselves. I'll be Milney

OH WHEN THE SAINTS!

:D:D:D Finally we did it for Harves! I'm so stoked at the moment, great game from pretty much everyone!!! GO SAINTS!!!

You little rippa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only got to see the last quarter, but I am SOOOO going to watch the whole thing this coming week!!! YES! SWEET ALE OF VICTORY!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back