Sunday's teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Crunchbone

Debutant
Oct 4, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Someone asked for Sunday's teams on one of the other threads and as I can't remember which thread, I thought we'd start a new one :

WESTERN BULLDOGS v SYDNEY
Sunday, 1:10pm AEST, SCG

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: McMahon, Harris, Power
HB: Morris, Grant, Gilbee
C: Eagleton, West, Giansiracusa
HF: Murphy, Skipper, Robbins
F: Smith, Johnson, Hahn
FOLL: Minson, Cross, Cooney
I/C: Boyd, Griffen, Morgan, Wight
IN: Griffen, Morgan
OUT: Hargrave (susp), Walsh (inj)

SYDNEY
B: Nicks, C.Bolton, Dempster
HB: Barry, Saddington, Kennelly
C: Mathews, Ablett, Crouch
HF: O’Keefe, Goodes, Bevan
F: Vogels, Hall, O’Loughlin
FOLL: Jolly, Kirk, J.Bolton
I/C: Buchanan, McVeigh, Moore, Williams
IN: Nicks, Williams
OUT: Roberts-Thomson, Schauble

Go Doggies!

Crunchbone said:
Someone asked for Sunday's teams on one of the other threads and as I can't remember which thread, I thought we'd start a new one :

WESTERN BULLDOGS v SYDNEY
Sunday, 1:10pm AEST, SCG

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: McMahon, Harris, Power
HB: Morris, Grant, Gilbee
C: Eagleton, West, Giansiracusa
HF: Murphy, Skipper, Robbins
F: Smith, Johnson, Hahn
FOLL: Minson, Cross, Cooney
I/C: Boyd, Griffen, Morgan, Wight
IN: Griffen, Morgan
OUT: Hargrave (susp), Walsh (inj)

SYDNEY
B: Nicks, C.Bolton, Dempster
HB: Barry, Saddington, Kennelly
C: Mathews, Ablett, Crouch
HF: O’Keefe, Goodes, Bevan
F: Vogels, Hall, O’Loughlin
FOLL: Jolly, Kirk, J.Bolton
I/C: Buchanan, McVeigh, Moore, Williams
IN: Nicks, Williams
OUT: Roberts-Thomson, Schauble

Go Doggies!
HMMMM. Swannies drop two talls. Does that mean they are preparing to flood, the magnitude of which we haven't seen before? Having said that I think our coach with his knowledge of the ground will be able to overcome it if that is what they are planning. Go Dogs.

... even if the Swannies try the ol' 'ultra flood' - being a small ground - we should be able to go over the top of the flood pretty easily, and get the ball within 10mtrs of the goals. A lot of pressure will be put on the Swans backline if we can get it that close to goals, consistently.

Saddington - could've sworn he played last week (you're not going to miss a head like that... sorry Mrs. Saddington!)... but as he hasn't made the cut this weekend, can only assume he hasn't got over his injuries completely. I don't know much, but I'm certain he's in their best starting 18. I believe Saddington to be a very decent player...

well one thing griffen has is kicking skills. makes sense if our plan is to beat the swans with precise disposal and long goals. Ill bet the players will be told if youre within range, have a ping. we might end up winning the game with 10 goals 15 points.

Saddington played last week, but had just 2 kicks. He was bascially sat in a forward pocket and had no influence on the game at all.
Definately struggling atm.

Not sure if it's a 'tactic' as such, but neither of the guys dropped have done much at all this season, I reckon it's as much for lack of form than preparing for Noah's Ark.

MrChristo said:
Saddington played last week, but had just 2 kicks. He was bascially sat in a forward pocket and had no influence on the game at all.
Definately struggling atm.

Not sure if it's a 'tactic' as such, but neither of the guys dropped have done much at all this season, I reckon it's as much for lack of form than preparing for Noah's Ark.
About 4 years ago Wallett had a massive crack at getting Saddington. Thought he was going to be the next big thing at CHB. Glad we didn't get him.

scooter600x said:
About 4 years ago Wallett had a massive crack at getting Saddington. Thought he was going to be the next big thing at CHB. Glad we didn't get him.

Never been impressed with him.

Glad to Schauble dropped - I reckon this is a game which Grant could bust wide open up forward.

Harris can take care of Hall and Morgan Goodes if he goes up forward.

Will Morris get O'Loughlan? (sp?)

Dunno who will take O'Keefe - can be dangerous.

Dry Rot said:
Dunno who will take O'Keefe - can be dangerous.
I thought Morris for O'Keefe - he has been playing out at hf and Morris seems to be playing on that line, O'Loughlin has been closer to goal and would have been Hargrave's man.

I am really unsure what way we will go here now - the only other options based on our recent defensive setup are McMahon and Power, neither of which are too attractive. One of them will have to go to Bevan I guess, O'Loughlin for the other...guesses or suggestions?

Fair chance Nicks will play forward as well...interesting the comments we have gone small - we still have Grant, Harris, Morgan and Wight - all nominally key defenders, and Sydney only have one key forward.

stefoid said:
we might end up winning the game with 10 goals 15 points.

Pretty good guess seeing we kicked 10 goals 16pts. Pity about the winning part of the prediction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back