Swans against The World

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your parochial glasses off, Swans like any other club officials always want what will advantage their club not whats fir or "professional" and yes my club would be no different.
As I said, your projecting.

Over the last 20 years the Swans have transformed themselves from a financially dependent basket case to a successful and professionally run club. All we ask is for the AFL to do the same.

It might have been ok for the VFL to be a provincial haven for bully boys and agendas, but the AFL is a national competition now and they need to lift their game.

Some people would say the COLA itself was the greatest abuse of power. My opinion is the Swans are a great club who are well run but by the same token have had more than their fair share of assistance and the over the top outrage was only a result of getting their way in the past.

Hey what about the bulldogs still to this day asking for money from the AFL?

Seriously you are either being disingenuous or are actually wilfully ignorant? Which is it?

The COLA was not an abuse of power, it was brought in for a valid reason and every year club had a chance to vote it out at the end of each season, but they didnt, because the presidents of the vic clubs were too busy fawning over Eddie MCguire the TV star or the poor clubs, like yours, too busy putting their hand out for money after the massive tv rights.

And to be fair that is the point. It was an exploitation for that very reason and the AFL had every right to punish the Swans as effectively the current management were taking a huge risk for short term gain by mortgaging a part of the future. If it all went to sh.t in the future the officials responsible may have all moved on and someone else will have to clean up the mess and they will argue that it wasn't them so they shouldn't be punished. I can just hear them saying that it is not fair paying for the mistakes of the past.

This reads word for word something you would find in the herald dumb.

As I said, your projecting.

Over the last 20 years the Swans have transformed themselves from a financially dependent basket case to a successful and professionally run club. All we ask is for the AFL to do the same.

It might have been ok for the VFL to be a provincial haven for bully boys and agendas, but the AFL is a national competition now and they need to lift their game.
Not sure where you get the provincial nonsense from given the AFL led the move into other states but keep your parochial glasses nice and clean cause obviously the almighty Swans can do not wrong in your eyes and no amount of logic will change that.
If the AFL were parochial the Swans would be only a memory today and thats a fact!

Not sure where you get the provincial nonsense from given the AFL led the move into other states but keep your parochial glasses nice and clean cause obviously the almighty Swans can do not wrong in your eyes and no amount of logic will change that.
If the AFL were parochial the Swans would be only a memory today and thats a fact!
From what I understand the Bulldogs would not exist without the huge financial concessions they receive.

Anyway.
Enjoy the fairytale this week. Grand finals are bloody hard to get into so you may as well enjoy it.

Hey what about the bulldogs still to this day asking for money from the AFL?

Seriously you are either being disingenuous or are actually wilfully ignorant? Which is it?

The COLA was not an abuse of power, it was brought in for a valid reason and every year club had a chance to vote it out at the end of each season, but they didnt, because the presidents of the vic clubs were too busy fawning over Eddie MCguire the TV star or the poor clubs, like yours, too busy putting their hand out for money after the massive tv rights.
The Dogs have a terrible stadium deal that is allowing the AFL (ie all clubs) to purchase and multi billion $ asset (ethihad stadium) for $20 at the end of the lease. The only way this makes sense for the owners of Etihad is for them to give crap deals that clubs need 40,000+ crowds just to break even. So what you call a handout is simple equalisation. I know this is difficult for you to understand but whailst on the subject of TV right you might want to check the ratings in Sydney Vs the ratings in Melb as its clear from them who deserves the lions share of the TV rights.
And whilst I am at it can you get over your Eddie obsession as not many people like him down hear as well so I dont see what he has to do with anything.

Its Grand Final week and your club hasnt been in one since JFK was still alive and the beatles were still eating kous kous in Germany and all you can do is throw around mistruths and hate filled agendas about your opposition.

Enjoy the week, cause it could be the last time for a long while before you make the GF again. I swear this week reminds me of us in 1996. Damn that took a long time to get over and we didnt play in a GF for another 9 years, which felt like a lifetime.

The Dogs have a terrible stadium deal that is allowing the AFL (ie all clubs) to purchase and multi billion $ asset (ethihad stadium) for $20 at the end of the lease. The only way this makes sense for the owners of Etihad is for them to give crap deals that clubs need 40,000+ crowds just to break even. So what you call a handout is simple equalisation. I know this is difficult for you to understand but whailst on the subject of TV right you might want to check the ratings in Sydney Vs the ratings in Melb as its clear from them who deserves the lions share of the TV rights.
And whilst I am at it can you get over your Eddie obsession as not many people like him down hear as well so I dont see what he has to do with anything.

LOL

Oh dear.

From what I understand the Bulldogs would not exist without the huge financial concessions they receive.

Anyway.
Enjoy the fairytale this week. Grand finals are bloody hard to get into so you may as well enjoy it.
Not true at all. Check out the massive ratings in Victoria for the Dogs games and then compare them to Sydney ratings for AFL games.
Having said that there is enough money for us all to go around
And yes I will enjoy it and understand that the majority of Vic supporters are not anti Sydney and certainly not to the extent the Sydney people are anti Storm. I just spent a weekend in Sydney west with my cousins and I found the parochialism extrodinary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway.

If it wasnt for the massive billion $ deal thanks largely to the northern states, then the bulldogs would be playing in the 5ths of the VAFA and wouldnt even be able to pay for a team to run around in the VFL.

God they remind me of entitled dole bludgers, they dont contribute much but demand a lot and then act all arrogant about it.

* me its time to put these little yapping jack russells in their place.

Also this about the bulldog:

Its Grand Final week and your club hasnt been in one since JFK was still alive and the beatles were still eating kous kous in Germany and all you can do is throw around mistruths and hate filled agendas about your opposition.

Enjoy the week, cause it could be the last time for a long while before you make the GF again. I swear this week reminds me of us in 1996. Damn that took a long time to get over and we didnt play in a GF for another 9 years, which felt like a lifetime.
Love your work Persian but you wont get a job as the new Nostradamus!

If it wasnt for the massive billion $ deal thanks largely to the northern states, then the bulldogs would be playing in the 5ths of the VAFA and wouldnt even be able to pay for a team to run around in the VFL.

God they remind me of entitled dole bludgers, they dont contribute much but demand a lot and then act all arrogant about it.

**** me its time to put these little yapping jack russells in their place.

Also this about the bulldog:

Get the rating out for the Northern state and then see how your argument stakes up!

Not true at all. Check out the massive ratings in Victoria for the Dogs games and then compare them to Sydney ratings for AFL games.
Having said that there is enough money for us all to go around
And yes I will enjoy it and understand that the majority of Vic supporters are not anti Sydney and certainly not to the extent the Sydney people are anti Storm. I just spent a weekend in Sydney west with my cousins and I found the parochialism extrodinary
Haha
Must be your family.

Most people in Sydney like Melbourne as a place to hang out occasionally. We just find the bitter AFL tears to be a little boring.

Haha
Must be your family.

Most people in Sydney like Melbourne as a place to hang out occasionally. We just find the bitter AFL tears to be a little boring.

Holy molly is this "Melbourne people dont care about Sydney like Sydney people obsess about Melbourne" while obsessing over sydney still a thing?

And yeah i know he wont understand what an anecdote is, but you cant be using one to generalise about a whole population of people.

Bulldogs and Swans, which set of fans have the bigger persecution complex?
You need to be persecuted to have that complex, rather than perceived injustices.

Swans over the last 2 years have copped an absolute hiding from the AFL for the tenacity and balls to trade away Jesse White.

It had nothing to do with Tippet, Franklin, Biggs, Membrey or even Armstrong or making another GF or equalling the club record winning streak, or embarassing North in the prelim.

Holy molly is this "Melbourne people dont care about Sydney like Sydney people obsess about Melbourne" while obsessing over sydney still a thing?

And yeah i know he wont understand what an anecdote is, but you cant be using one to generalise about a whole population of people.
Dint think talking logic was obsessing go re read you posts

The_Wookie I wonder where the mods are at, this degraded into a cola slinging match pretty fast... Isn't that stuff still against the rules? Ant_ help a confused soul out that's desperately in need of guidance... and confirmation

ok to be fair, this door was opened by AFL executives recently, and theres a fair amount of slanging on both sides in recent pages about the Dogs AFL money, not to mention the thread itself is basically one long troll - Swans, Hawks, Tigers or Dogs - are all getting targetted.

Im just going to close the thread, this would be more apropriate for the bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back